[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fuck you, I LOVED it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: images-6.jpg (44 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
44 KB, 485x303
>fuck you, I LOVED it
>>
>>2884425
CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE?
>>
I don't know this feel. I can't name a single game I love that the rest of the world doesn't love too.
>>
I hated it for years until someone pointed out that I was controlling it wrong. Don't treat your character like a bipedal person, treat them like a car. B to accelerate, triggers for tight turns, only use the analogue stick for turns, never press up to accelerate, remember it's a car not a person.

It's very misunderstood, I think most people don't understand how to control it and write it off as a result.
>>
File: Batman Forever [EUR].jpg (516 KB, 1593x1011) Image search: [Google]
Batman Forever [EUR].jpg
516 KB, 1593x1011
>>2884454
>>
>>2884459
you mean you should play a racing game like a racing game? shit, nigga
>>
>>2884536
Yeah but when you're controlling a character rather than a car, the immediate thing that jumps to mind is press up to go forward, not an accelerate button.
>>
I feel like Dragon's Lair could use some defending.
>>
>>2884445
DOES IT BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY???
>>
>>2884610
LIVIN IN THE CITY
>>
>>2884614
YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO SURVIVE
>>
>>2884646
YOU GOT TO KEEP THAT DREAM ALIVE
>>
>>2884649
JUST LIKE THE DIAMONDS IN THE SKY
>>
>>2884546
That seems like something you would figure out in the first 10 seconds of playing

>I hated it for years until someone pointed out that I was controlling it wrong.
>>
>>2884663
The shoulder buttons make turning easier... I better never try using them!
>>
File: For You.jpg (63 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
For You.jpg
63 KB, 500x250
BANE?
>>
SOMETIMES I ASK MYSELF
WHAT AM I DOING HERE
>>
>>2884425

I played this game when I was young and I had a really good time, it wasn't until later that I found out that it wasn't that well received.
Haven't played it again though, so that might just be the nostalgia talking.
>>
Sonic R-2 with more levels and characters (and more Europop) would be based as fuck.

Am I the only one who liked that the character roster was super unbalanced? Kept things interesting while I was playing against normie friends that were new to the game. I'd play as Tails Doll and they'd play as Super Sonic and I'd still win half the time.
>>
>>2884716
>it wasn't that well received
Actually looking back at the reviews it did pretty well. It got an 8 from EDGE.

I just think most modern gamers aren't willing to put in any time to learn how a game is meant to be played
>>
>>2884753
>>2884753

Modern gamers want instant gratification. They dont want to climb. They dont want to learn a games rules. They blame the game for being "cheap" inatead of admitting they didnt get it right and need to improve.

This is of course natural discourse when the games industry exploded and became,the new Hollywood. Games arent often designed for people like us anymore.
>>
>>2884812
ya when i was a kid, even with a tip guide this game was hard as fuck to 100%
>>
>>2884708
SO TAKE ME BACK IN TIME
>>
>>2884425
>>fuck you, I LOVED it

congratulations. you learned to stop parroting a bunch of e-celebs who don't know their ass from their elbow and form an opinion of your own about a game most people think is alright
>>
shit tier entry in a autism tier series on a shit tier system. Sega!
>>
File: Tails_Doll.png (69 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Tails_Doll.png
69 KB, 350x350
CAN YOU FEEL THE SUNSHINE?
>>
>>2885153
r u going to post in every sega thread?
>>
>>2884425
Living with big titties!
>>
Sonic Drift 2 was the real deal.
>>
>>2885153

Just like all of your posts.
>>
>>2884459
>stick

I think it only supports digital inputs anyway. And no, I didn't have a problem with it back in the day.
>>
>>2885286
Not on the Saturn at least, you need the 3D pad with the analogue stick.
>>
>>2884425
It's got interesting, intricate course designs, the handling is decent once you get used to it (is there a proper way to turn around quickly though?), and the visuals are very nice for the Saturn.

It's actually a fun game.
the real problem is that you can 100% it in 2 hours after you get used to the controls, even if you aren't particularly good
and in like 20 minutes from a blank save if you know what you're doing
doesn't have the same appeal for time-attack like some other racers from the time either

2 player on the Saturn is a nightmare because the draw distance goes to shit (it was pretty respectable in 1p, but in 2p, the road fades in pretty close to your face), so glad the Gems Collection version doesn't have that issue.

>>2884753
I remember around 2002 that people started saying shit about Sonic R. It's not too modern a sentiment.
>>
>>2884753
>>2885309

87/100 retro average. It did pretty damn well.
>>
It wouldn't be good without that soundtrack.
>>
File: doll.jpg (608 KB, 911x1400) Image search: [Google]
doll.jpg
608 KB, 911x1400
>>2885157
>>
>>2884425
Fuck you, now I have to re-listen the OST
>>
IN THE CITYYYYYY!!!
Oh!
Yeah!
Oooooooohhhhh...!
>>
>>2885469
WE ALL NEED TO WORK TOGETHER
TO BUILD A BETTER LIFE
>>
My favorite part when I had Mario Kart 64 was exploring the levels, so that one level with Princess Peach's castle was great.
When I played Sonic R years later, I loved how it actually rewarded you for exploring levels with new paths and hidden items.
>>
This game fuckin rocks. I still bust it out from time to time to GONNA HAVE A BRIGHTER DAY
>>
Game is GOAT
>>
>>2885459
Did the tails doll just turn into a toothed vagina dick?
>>
Biggest problem with the game is lack of balance and content.
>>
Sometimes I ask myself, what am I doing here...
>>
File: teresa2.jpg (34 KB, 332x600) Image search: [Google]
teresa2.jpg
34 KB, 332x600
Here is a pic of the singer from Sonic R.

You guys like feet, right?
>>
>>2885876
Me and her can have a brighter day if you know what I mean.

sex
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (499 KB, 1169x1600) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
499 KB, 1169x1600
My options were very limited when I was a kid.
>>
>>2885876
wow always pictured a black chick in my head
>>
>>2885876
She doesn't look bad, but I prefer hooves.
Also, really nice voice.
>>
>>2885902
Same here actually, with that 90's R&B flair, like the song "chasing waterfalls"
>>
>>2885897

A lot of people love this game.
>>
>>2885876
She also did some work in metropolis street racer. Richard Jacques did the soundtrack for that too.
>>
>>2885490
That's what makes Sonic R stand out in my opinion. It gives you a reason to play single player.
>>
>>2884812

>old man yells at cloud
>>
>>2885709

Tails doll was always a toothed vagina dick
>>
File: 1313901930460.jpg (41 KB, 480x840) Image search: [Google]
1313901930460.jpg
41 KB, 480x840
>>2886035

He aint wrong, sonny
>>
>>2884425
Sonic R isn't so good. Still I prefer it over Mario Kart Wanabee for its god-tier soundtrack, its originality and being closer to Sonic games' style.
>>
Not Bad .
>>
>>2884425
EVERYBODY
>>
>>2884425
I played the shit out of this game. It's not GOAT tier or anything but it's a lot of fun and it gets unfairly bashed, in my opinion.
>>
>>2887510
TO ANOTHER WORLD WHERE YOU CAN BE MNE
>>
>>2884459
I think it was forward to accelerate, left/right to turn, and left-shift/right-shift for left/right breaks - so use left/right on the d-pad to turn, and the shifts to do tight turns and/or skidding. ABC was jumping only. And start all matches with down+jump for the spindash.

I never had any problem with the game, except when going for emeralds or the secret characters, and even those were only a mediocre challenge. Basically do 2 laps as good as you can, getting a huge advantage, then on the third one take a quick detour for 1 emerald.

Then once you get Supersonic, do the same but for the coins to get the hidden characters. It's easier to do that way since Supersonic has a ridiculous advantage on the rest of the crew. Three times as fast, can run on water, and his double jump skips over one third of the map.
>>
IS IT just me or do the lyrics to "Can you feel the sunshine" sound like a story about a women trying to escape and leave her abusive partner?
>>
>>2884425
I can understand someone hating the gameplay but it blows my mind that people shit all over the soundtrack.
>>
>>2884425
I'm glad this game is starting to be accepted as very flawed, but decent fun when you get the hang of it. As opposed to it being unredeemable garbage.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.