[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently decided to get into the Saturn library, but the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Japanese White Saturn.jpg (34 KB, 486x409) Image search: [Google]
Japanese White Saturn.jpg
34 KB, 486x409
So I recently decided to get into the Saturn library, but the used one I bought doesn't read any discs. I tried a few simply tricks like adjusting the laser pot but I'm no hardware guy, so does /vr/ know a reliable place to get a working Saturn? Preferably a JP white one. Is there a place that sells refurbished Saturns?

Also, any tips on basic maintenance / upkeep to hold off the system's demise as long as possible?

I'm planning on using an Action Replay to play NA games on it as I come across them, but my Jap skills aren't too rusty
>>
Just replace the laser. It is not difficult if you follow some online guides.
A new laser is cheap and will work for awhile...though not as long as a fully calibrated one.
>>
>>2884212
Like I said, not a hardware guy. I don't want to solder and disassemble and all that jazz.

I'd just like to know where I can reliably buy a working model
>>
>>2884337
Back to /v/ with you, sir.
>>
File: Every_Night.png (724 B, 246x184) Image search: [Google]
Every_Night.png
724 B, 246x184
>>2884337
>>
>>2884334
the pot should be rotated counter clock wise, try and mark the starting position so you dont fuck up
>>
if you have the money try out RHEA the SD mod which replaces the laser with an SD card. I don't know much about it but heres a link to the site. It looks pricey but hey if you have the money go for it.
https://gdemu.wordpress.com/about/
>>
>>2884204
You can buy a working unit (console only) for slightly more than a new laser. A new laser won't guarantee that the unit will work; it can have other issues plus it needs soldering and calibrating (if you don't calibrate the laser, it may end up worse than the old one). Plus any laser you can buy now is a made-in-china bootleg.
>>
>>2884204
Japanese sellers usually have very strict grading guidelines, but the shipping is expensive. Try a retro game shop if you have one. They usually won't sell broken stuff unless they are really sketchy.
>>
>>2884334
A replacement laser requires you to desolder one point, the rest is all swap work. I'm telling you it's worth it to learn something new.
So this dead unit is a white jp model? Want to sell it? I mean...its broken...right?
>>
File: 1450497152752_1_.jpg (43 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1450497152752_1_.jpg
43 KB, 960x720
>>2884337
Wow you really are posting in every sega thread

Pathetic
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.