[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: castlevania3.jpg (64 KB, 328x450) Image search: [Google]
castlevania3.jpg
64 KB, 328x450
Find a flaw.
>>
Some emulators have trouble emulating it.
>>
>>2883050
And famiclones struggled with it for years, and may still do so!
>>
>>2883048

Western version is fucked and makes you go through the trouble of getting a famicom or a famicom adapter.
>>
murican music
>>
Not open world, no adventure elements. It's just straightforward combat through (somewhat) linear stages.

You can select stages in whatever you want, and even backtrack to some degree, but you do ultimately get locked out of previous stages at different points in the game.

This is why Simon's Quest was my favorite of the original trilogy. You had to run back and forth hunting down key items that you needed to progress, and there were consequential choices to make such as what equipment to buy or skip.
>>
>>2883048
It ends.
>>
>>2883058
weak b8
>>
>>2883065
>I disagree with your opinion, therefore it's bait

Okay m8 :^)
>>
>>2883054
>not preferring the more hardcore American version
You some kinda scrub or something?
>>
>>2883058
>consequential choices to make such as what equipment to buy

6/10 made me chuckle
>>
>>2883048
Lower quality music and censorship in western versions.
>>
>>2883048
The game was designed too much around your partners, have fun wasting 5 minutes on that block dropping section in level 7 without Alucard.
>>
>>2883125
That's the only annoying part 2bh, and again, ONLY if you don't have Alucard.
>>
>>2883058
At least try.

0/10
>>
I don't find any character but Trevor all that fun to play as.

CVIII is still my favorite Castlevania game and one of my all-time favorites, though.
>>
>>2883059
>>2883048

my guys, this is the game, i just wish it had the jap music
>>
It's old.
>>
>>2883048
unbalanced characters
>>
>>2883048
OP's dad should have pulled out.
>>
>>2883297
Grant > Alucard > Sypha > Trevor
>>
>>2883054
Git güd fgt
>>
>>2883048
Stairs

Other then that it's perfect
>>
>>2883301
newb.

also alucard cannot attack on stairs.

that oversight alone makes the game shite.
>>
File: not even close baby.webm (894 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
not even close baby.webm
894 KB, 800x450
Trevor > Everyone
nothing beats the good ol' whip
>>
It doesn't have that sweet, sweet VRC6 chip like the Japanese version does.
>>
>>2883338
>preferring the most boring character in CV3
Sypha for dat DPS.
Alucard for flying.
Grant for spidermanning.
>>
>>2883076
>preferring shit audio

stop
>>
The difficulty of level 9 is fucking insane.
>>
The only classicvanias I played are the first one on NES and Rebirth game on Wii and they both don't have the save feature. Is this game considerably longer or harder and was designed with saves in mind, or is it basically the same and can be played like original game without using them?
>>
>>2884370
The Japanese version of the first one, specifically the FDS version, had saves.
>>
>>2884342
>thinking the NES version sounds like shit
The Famicom version of the OST is needlessly complex. The NES version sounds a lot cleaner.
>>
>>2884378
I see, didn't know it.
>>
>>2884379
>heavier bass, juicier synths and more subtle details that add atmosphere is "needlessly complex"
You're opinion is wrong
>>
>>2884379
You are completely wrong. The Famicom version is how the composers intended it. The NES sounds awful due to hardware limitations, take off those goggles
>>
>>2884634
>>2884707
FC has the same problem as most SNES soundtracks - it's trying to sound like real instruments and failing. NES version has the classic chiptune sound and doesn't fail at anything.
>>
>>2884707
I can understand preferring the Famicom version, but saying the NES one sounds "awful" is hyperbolic.
>>
>>2884851

welcome to internet discussions and especially welcome to Castlevania threads
>>
>>2884379
Needlessly complex? Too many beep boops? Stfu scum.
>>
>>2883074
You just said that a game has a flaw because it isn't open world. That's not a flaw. That's like saying "This comedy isn't a horror movie so it sucks." Please get raped to death after being forced to watch your mother get a hole cut in her belly and have her stomach wound fucked by aids ridden niggers while she screams for your help.
>>
>>2884712
Which instruments is it trying to imitate and in which tracks does it do that?
>>
>>2883048
Inspired some faggots to try and make 3D games years later.
>>
>>2883048
The music in the NES version is total garbage. Other than that it is still an excellent game, but the nerfed music really kills the vibe.
>>
>>2884379
You're wrong. It's not 'needlessly complex' it's how it was actually written and supposed to be heard. The NES version's music is gimped and that's a fact.
>>
>>2884712
You clearly know nothing about music. The SNES sound chip is sample based, it literally plays samples of real fucking instruments. The VRC6 is a fucking synthesizer, it sounds like a synthesizer.
>>
>>2885197
The 7-bit DPCM of the NES actually is sample-based, though.

If you want real synthesis, check out the Megadrive.
>>
>>2885371
I know that, but that channel is rarely if ever used for tones and largely used for percussion and SFX. I was specifically referring to the VRC6 chip which is a synth in the same manner the Genesis' FM chip is.
>>
>>2885197
>The SNES sound chip is sample based, it literally plays samples of real fucking instruments.
Yes, and that's the problem, because it only has 64K of ram for the whole sample set and it sounds like shit. PS1 does the same thing with 512K of ram, which is enough for it to sound good. SNES music is like N64 3D. It's a good concept but the technology is too primitive.
>>
>>2885429
I agree completely, I'm not a fan SNES music. I was just saying Akumajou Densetsu isn't trying to sound like real instruments, it's just a totally sweet synth jam. The VRC6 is the Rick Wakeman of sound chips.
>>
>>2885193

elegant square waves and triangle waves: objectively ugly

cheesy synth that sounds like a kazoo being played by somebody's butt: objectively atmospheric and important and sophisticated and beautiful
>>
>>2884379

no no no you've always got to add more notes (without changing melodies)

that makes every tune better

moreover if the developers had had the hardware they would 100% objectively certainly have mixed the Space Jam song into every stage tune in this game, in order to increase the holy complexity

everybody knows this, 16 bits is better than 8 bits and a neck with a giant frizzy beard on it is better than plain skin (ugh, boring!!!!) and a mess of crappy complicated instruments is better than just a few simple ones
>>
Needed vehicle sections.
>>
>>2884712
Rising is the only NA song that surpasses the Famicom version.
>>
>>2887890
Not sure where you going with this.
Either way, you definitely have autism.
>>
>>2887886
>He prefers garbled, muffled sounds with no bass or fullness.

I bet you think the NA soundtrack was arranged by Muricans as well.
>>
>>2884370
It uses passcodes so you can start where you left off. The Mexican version is waaaaaaay harder and it is indeed longer but with skill they play about the same.
>>
that one absurdly long level
>>
>>2888913
What level?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.