[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Keeper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Dungkeep.jpg (17 KB, 250x302) Image search: [Google]
Dungkeep.jpg
17 KB, 250x302
DK & DD Anyone played this? Still playing it.

I know not many people know about this game anymore with expect for the mobile version that was nothing like the game.
>>
Dungeon Keeper is my childhood. However, the series is dead. The mobile game is nothing like the originals, and the originals either don't play on anything past XP or are relatively hard to find.

There's always the GOG edition though.
>>
If you want to stay /vr/, there's no option then besides the Deception series.
War for the Overworld is always there for you in actual vidya tho.
>>
>>2883517
>There's always the GOG edition though.
Good point.
>>
>>2883517
Is it functional? the last time I checked the GOG forums DK2 was a nightmare to try and get running.
>>
What does VR like best DK1 or DK 2?

Whats the next IP to be resurrected from the dead as a mobile game?
>>
Best game ever
>>
>>2883818
DK2? My God.
>>
>>2883912
>What does VR like best DK1 or DK 2?
It's really hard to say, both are equally addictive
>>
>>2883912
>>2884879

I still play them from time to time (torrented, works fine on w7). If I had to choose, I'd go with DK1. For me, it just has a bit of magic that DK2 couldn't quite replicate.

Saying that, DK2 was much better in terms of introducing more of a story, and levels that weren't simply a case of 'dumping all your minions at once and seeing who wins'.

Both great games.

>Your dungeon is damp. Install central heating.
>>
>>2882392
the grand daddy of dwarf fortress and most sandbox games.
>>
>>2883818
DK1 is functional on GOG, if not a bit buggy. Map scroll and sounds occasionally not playing. nothing terrible. DK2 requires some articulate set up, but works like a charm if you can get it going.

>>2883912
I prefer DK1, it's atmospheric and fun and less cartoony than DK2 was. However, >>2885625 has it right in the fact that DK2 just functions better in terms of longevity.

I can recite the opening to Eversmile, and the closing of Branahawk off by heart.
>>
>>2883559
War for the Overworld doesn't play anything like dungeon keeper.
>>
>>2883912
I loved dk1 to death, but just cannot get into dk2. It feels so slow (wait for your monsters to slowly stabd after dropping rhem and walk slowly) and limited compared to the "free for all" atmosphere of dk1. Also 2.5d felt better than 3d for monsters.
>>
>>2888692
Yeah, I felt the same but it was also the artstyle DK1 looked perfect but DK2 looked like ass.
>>
>>2883559
Chaos Seed kinda counts.
>>
File: Dungeon.jpg (40 KB, 570x318) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon.jpg
40 KB, 570x318
hi guys
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.