[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vr/ I need to know if this board is a repro. I know NES games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 20151228_150426-1.jpg (3 MB, 4294x1164) Image search: [Google]
20151228_150426-1.jpg
3 MB, 4294x1164
/vr/ I need to know if this board is a repro. I know NES games have multiple chip manufacturers sometimes but I've never seen the chip with the circle. Game is Mega Man 1 for reference. Thanks
>>
File: image (1).jpg (66 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
66 KB, 600x340
Not sure bro, that a 64K CMOS Chip from Fujistu that you can easily order. I checked my copy and it's the same as on bootgod. Here's a pic for reference. Gut feeling would be yes.
>>
>>2880936
The one with the big circle is a Fujitsu SRAM, and the other one is a mask rom (either manufactured by Nintendo or subcontracted out, it's normal for it to not have a manufacturer label). Date codes are 1990 but Mega Man was popular enough that it probably got multiple print runs, so it's probably legit.
>>
>>2881015

i agree with this post here.
>>
I did a little more digging for you anon. Fujitsu chips were used in Mega man 2,4,5, and 6 so it's probably legit.
m
>>
>>2880936
Will be legit, but i think MM1 with Fujitsu as CHR is quite a rare variant(of course not more value as in money..).
There are other games too with Fujitsu CHR as reference:
http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=303

You might scan that PCB and send it to bootgod also above link.
>>
Thanks for the replies everyone.
>>
I guess we can discuss that with the rising costs of retro games it's becoming increasingly worth it to reproduce relatively common games to resell at the high price they get. Do you foresee an increase in repros being passed off as the real thing and regular people just buying them up not knowing any better?
>>
>>2881082
Absoluetely. All new parts for a NES game is about $18. That's without cannibalizing anything. Contra is going for over $30 which is insane. If you don't mind scrapping a cheap cart you could make a bootleg for less than $10. That's a $20+ profit from something no one would bother checking.
>>
>>2880936
It's a Vietnamese unofficial official bootleg.
>>
>>2881082
People are buying Little Samson reproductions for over $100 on ebay right now. You can bet your ass it's going to get worse.
>>
>>2880936

Fake. You got fucked.
>>
File: sub_terrania_gen.jpg (4 MB, 1534x2100) Image search: [Google]
sub_terrania_gen.jpg
4 MB, 1534x2100
it's legit - and you know it is. So now you can fuck off and stop showing off your legit mega man you legit bandwagon hipster legit virgin bitch ass bitch cunt
>>
>>2882108

well, looks like the drunken butthurt aussies are here now.
>>
not drunken but butthurt aussie yes (grew up with PAL) :D
>>
>>2882130

close enough. i've pretty much got this board figured out.
>>
>>2881183
you can buy samson repros made with new parts from China for like $30.

>>2882108
>>2881458
it's not fake, but it does appear that either there was a chip shortage when that cart was produced, or that it is a repair.
http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/image.php?ImageID=2684

I can't tell from the photo but I see some indications on that chip on the left that it may have been soldered by hand.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.