[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /vr/ Not sure if there is a general for questions like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 8dsdvpL.jpg (1 MB, 2272x5000) Image search: [Google]
8dsdvpL.jpg
1 MB, 2272x5000
Hey /vr/
Not sure if there is a general for questions like this but I was interested in buying an arcade stick for use on the PC
Now I'm not sure what to get or what would be compatible with PC hardware since most are aimed at xbox and PS3/4 users.
Anyone have any advice what I should get.
>>
>Buy literally any stick
>Buy cheap chinese usb adapter for the stick
>Play
>>
Something with a decent layout (aka not American-styled) like Sega or Vewlix. Something with decent buttons like Sanwa switches.
>>
>>2878869
>>2878854
Well I was looking at the HORI Real Arcade Pro.V Kai Fighting Stick which is working on a pc according to amazon.
Would that be good enough to start with, it has Sanwa switches and has a Vewlix Layout.
>>
>>2878842
ps3/ps4 sticks are usually detected as direct input devices (some new games don't directly recognize them or show generic button labeling 1,2,3,4,5... some outright don't work and need a xinput wrapper)
360/xbo sticks are usually detected as xinput (new games detect them with button labelling but old games may have trouble with them).

there are some cheap boards like the zerodelay that act like a standard usb board, so you can rewire directions and buttons.
>>
>>2878842
Oh fuck. My poor friend just told me that he spent his Christmas bonus on an X-Arcade stick, because he wants to start emulating arcade games on his gaming rig. Poor bastard.
>>
>>2878930
While this stick does work for PC, it does not come with Sanwa switches or lever as far as I know, it ships with Horis own line of premium parts, but can easily be swapped out for Sanwas.
>>
>>2879958
That's why you gather information about anything before buying, if you are going to get something then get something you really want, that way you know you aren't buying shit but buying something that is at least decent.
>>
>>2878951
Is there any benefit from picking a PS3/4 stick over an Xbox one ?
I'm going to be using it mostly for arcade emulation so i'm not sure if it would matter much.
>>
>>2880050
everybody has a ps4 so if you want to sell it or buy one later think about it. If you need xinput there are wrappers.
>>
>>2878842
I modded the saturn JP Virtua stick with sanwa parts. Only downside is that you have to destroy the top panel to do it, you also ahave to widen the holes with a dremmel too.
>>
>>2878842
Buying SEGA anything is rather sketchy, you've seen how their console career turned out so I'd expect their sticks to pull the same disappearing act.
>>
>>2878842
>actually literally needing a specific controller to be good at a game
Get a fucking stock dell keyboard like the rest of us
>>
>>2880465
Its not that he needs it but it's nice and adds to the experience which is what retro gaming is all about.
>>
>>2880496
It's a cheater pad, that's what it is. If you didn't think it gave you an advantage you wouldn't play with one
>>
>>2880498
How can it be a cheater pad, it has the same controls as a regular controller and using a keyboard for console games is just silly.
>>
>>2880452
Why would Sega sticks be so bad then ? Do they use subpar parts ?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.