[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they replace diddy kong for dixie kong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: TM_GBA_DonkeyKongCountry2.png (301 KB, 438x370) Image search: [Google]
TM_GBA_DonkeyKongCountry2.png
301 KB, 438x370
It feels so wrong not to have DK in this game, what were they thinking!?
>>
They probably did not want to rehash like Nintendo and its fans are so accustomed to.
>>
>>2878225

man, nintendo and its fans are so evil, the absolute boogeymen.
>>
>>2878224
I take it you'd then suggest switching Donkey Kong for Dixie Kong and have Dixie be a damsel in distress.

I wouldn't prefer that cause I like playing as Dixie, sure she's pretty easy mode and that's a complaint I have, I wish they'd made her ever so slightly worse to control in comparison to Diddy so that platforming segments wouldn't be a no-brainer if you had her.
>>
everyone loved tails in sonic, so they probably added dixie to try to compete
>>
Donkey Kong is slow as shit with a massive hitbox, who the hell wants to play as him? Diddy/Dixie is literally perfect.
>>
This whole series is an atrocity
>>
>>2878339

No, Astro City cabinets were Sega.
>>
>>2878339
stale bait is very stale

Also, they obviously wanted to introduce the new hair glide thing because the game is harder compared to DKC1. Swapping Diddy for Dixie would feel unfair to Diddy because he's the kind of character that would look up to DK. Now he can prove his worth. Also he wears a cap, kids love caps.
>>
>>2878224
Because her gameplay was new and different, and Rare has always preferred innovation and originality over rehashing the same thing over and over again, unlike certain other companies I could name *coughnintendocough* *coughgamefreakcough*.
>>
>>2878446

What? Nintendo is known for always trying new things.
>>
>>2878224
I could understand not having DK in 2 since the whole shtick is the sidekick having to rescue the main hero, instead of the other way around.
But, no DK in 3? Fuck off. Should have had Dixie and DK instead.
>>
>>2878457
Y'know now that I think of it that was pretty much a non-point on my part. I was thinking about the fact that literally every single Zelda has more-or-less exactly the same characters and storyline except Majora's Mask (which was criminally underappreciated when it was made and I vaguely recall reading about it causing permanent damage to someone's career.)

My point about Game Freak still stands, however.
>>
Contract dispute. Donkey Kong got a big head from the success of DKC and was asking for too much money. A couple years later he realized not that many people will hire a giant gorilla.
>>
>>2878230
>I wish they'd made her ever so slightly worse to control in comparison to Diddy
She should have been slippery, like Luigi.
>>
File: 1448758324456.jpg (93 KB, 600x749) Image search: [Google]
1448758324456.jpg
93 KB, 600x749
Obligatory two posts
>>
File: 1448758386741.jpg (246 KB, 1023x1370) Image search: [Google]
1448758386741.jpg
246 KB, 1023x1370
>>
>>2878865
>Deeky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mj6VJKcaa8
>>
>>2878230
What do you mean, she was. She was slower at everything compared to Diddy, not to mention more awkward to throw things. There are definitely spots in the game where I prefer Diddy. If they made her control all shitty all the precise platforming would suck total ass if you lost Diddy.
>>
>>2878339
This
>bongs trying to make a platformer
>>
>>2878339
>>2878914
How does it feel, having such wrong opinions?
>>
>>2878864
>Diddy's Old Graphics in a New Game
>Diddy in Space, Even Though He's Not
I wish we could get names like this
>>
>>2878896
No I noticed that, but it wasn't enough to deter me from playing as her every chance I got. I would prefer being in control of Dixie in any given situation even with minute differences, Diddy always seemed like the sub optimal choice.

Plus I find holding barrels above yourself has more strategic value, since if a defeatable horizontal threat came, you can jump on them or over them, but if a defeatable enemy came from above Dixie has a much larger advantage.

>>2878864
>Diddy and Female with Hair
> Diddy's Dress Sense
>Diddy & Diddy in a Dress
>Ye Canny Get Riddy Diddy

Holy shit I've never seen this before.
>>
>>2878864
>Diddy & Diddy In A Dress
>>
>>2878865

Join Diddy and his Girlfriend DICKYLICKY in their new adventure
>>
>>2878865
>DOOBONTHEE.
>>
File: 1425521740278.jpg (155 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1425521740278.jpg
155 KB, 640x1136
>>2878224
This was completely fine, DKC2 is actually pretty sweet - as a kid I was totally into DKC, when DKC2 dropped I loved the levels and the difficulty - DKC3 (aside from having weird enemy design) had Kiddy Kong which had no personality at all. Also think about it - when was the last time anyone played as Donkey Kong and liked it
>>
>>2878469
For real. This time K. Rool kidnapped Diddy since he was the one that foiled his plans, but he only captured Diddy and not DK because he is an idiot.
>>
File: fanservice.jpg (94 KB, 631x536) Image search: [Google]
fanservice.jpg
94 KB, 631x536
>>2878865
>Dixie was almost a trap named Derek

Hilarious.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.