[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ghosts 'n Goblins Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: gng.png (501 KB, 430x525) Image search: [Google]
gng.png
501 KB, 430x525
What's your favorite GnG game of all time, /vr/?

Spin-offs like Arremer and Maximo are fine, too.
>>
>>2877252
Actually, the only one related to the series I've ever played was Demon's Crest on the SNES. It was really good, though.
>>
>>2877252
Ghouls 'n Ghosts is perfection.
>>
>>2877252
>What's your favorite GnG game of all time?
Maldita Castilla
>>
>>2877252
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts is so fun.
>>
>>2877252
I'd like it if it was faster. As it is it's slow and the challenge comes from not yawning of boredom while landing from a jump.
>>
File: superghoulsnghosts-2.png (21 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
superghoulsnghosts-2.png
21 KB, 256x224
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts is the most solid experience to me. Great atmosphere, varied environments, nice effects like storms, ocean currents and rotating stages. I don't think the first Ghouls 'n Ghosts had the technological capabilities at the time to produce a lot of those effects, so the environments weren't as robust.
>>
File: ghoulsnghosts-1.png (26 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
ghoulsnghosts-1.png
26 KB, 384x224
>>2878236
> I don't think the first Ghouls 'n Ghosts had the technological capabilities at the time
Except a CPS1 kick the shit out of a SNES.
>>
File: Demonscrest_us[1].jpg (65 KB, 676x462) Image search: [Google]
Demonscrest_us[1].jpg
65 KB, 676x462
Demon's Crest my man
>>
>>2878236
I really like the crude graphics of all the demonic stuff in Ghosts 'n Goblins on NES, and the fact that it's balls to the walls hard makes me keep coming back, but it also makes it almost unbeatable. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts seems to be overall most solid, yes.
>>
>>2877252
>Maximo are fine, too.

"no"
>>
>>2878405
GOAT soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7ZrhXB-og&list=PLF8D2B315274D375C
>>
The GBC port is pretty good and has nice music.
>>
Ghouls 'n Ghosts > Ghosts 'n Goblins > Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins Kai > Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
>>
>>2878771
Not sure about Ghosts 'n Goblins being second but i agree with the rest.
>>
>>2878236
dat slowdown.
I'm not a Segabro, grew up with SNES, but of the two, the Ghouls n Ghosts for Genesis is much more fun.
>>
>>2878236
The slowdown makes that game near unplayable. I'll stick with Ghouls N Ghosts, thanks, even if all I have right now is the Mega Drive port.
>>
>>2878947
Yeah, the port is a bit ugly but playable-wise it's an awesome port from the arcade.

Then the Arcade has both better gameplay and better graphics than the SNES game.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.