[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're the only board i feel safe admitting this to: In
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: S3&K.gif (23 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
S3&K.gif
23 KB, 256x224
You're the only board i feel safe admitting this to:

In honor of Sonic's 25th, I intend to use the next year to reconnect with the franchise...
>>
>>2874639
Good form. Anyway Sonic went to shit as soon as he stopped being retro so don't worry about it.
>>
>>2874659
But...I plan to play Sonic Adventure.
>>
>>2874673
Spoiler: It's shit aside from the awesomely cheesy buttrock OST

Have fun anyway anon.
>>
>>2874675
I think parts of it are good (Emerald Coast, Speed Highway) and parts of it really suck (Knuckles and Big).

Honestly you should just download a completed save file and play through the good levels if you want to have a good time with it.
>>
>>2874639
get ready to watch a pattern with the series
>a handful of good games
Genesis trilogy & CD
>wave of mediocre/polarizing/garbage
3D Blast, Knuckles Chaotix, and Sonic Labyrinth
>repeat
Sonic adventure 1 and 2, Advance series
Heroes to unleashed
Colors and Generations I personally count unleashed too but I know it's not for everyone.
Lost World and Boom duology

keep in mind I just mean the handful of good is followed up with games that at least a sizable percentage of the fanbase thinks is mediocre or crap, not necessarily saying everything there IS bad
>>
>>2874639
Play everything. Even the shit games. I mean the really shit ones, because they'll help you better appreciate the average, mediocre and flawed ones. Not just the obviously shit ones like 06 and Boom, but the shit ones that fly under most peoples' radar like Labyrinth, 8-bit Sonic 1, Chronicles, and so on.
>>
>>2874928
8-bit Sonic 1 was great though.
>>
>>2874928
Nah Chronicles is on the same level of shittyness as 06 and Boom, and is not worth bothering with.
>>
Just play 3&K and call it a day. Don't waste your time on anything else.
>>
I've heard good things about the before/after the sequel games, are they actually worth playing and are any others?

>>2874673
I could never stand adventure personally, but I hope you enjoy it regardless
>>
>>2874639
That 3D render of Sonic looks like balls
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.