[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the Evangelion games any good? Which are the most fun/easiest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
Are the Evangelion games any good? Which are the most fun/easiest to emulate?
>>
Retro how?
>>
File: NGEGOS.jpg (44 KB, 664x380) Image search: [Google]
NGEGOS.jpg
44 KB, 664x380
>>2874151

Well, Evangelion came out in 1995 and it has various /vr/ games.

OP, there is Evangelion 64 but it's a nightmare to emulate.

If you like visual novel kind of games, there is Girlfriend of Steel which has a fantranslation in english and you can play it on PC.
There are other VNs on Saturn but these are all only in japanese.
>>
I remember playing a PC strategy game where you have to defeat all Angels one by one using Evas 00, 01, 02 and Jet Alone.
I think it was unofficial and in Japanese. Been years since I played it, so I'm not sure you can still find it on the net. If you can, though, try it. It was fun and pretty hard little game.
>>
>>2874217
I think I remember that game.

NERV gets the three Evas, Jet Alone, various (useless) fighters and bombers, and Pen Pen.
The Angels get every angel from 3rd to 17th, one every couple of turns. Ramiel and Zeruel are absolute beasts, whereas the others have a cool gimmick to compensate being made out of wet paper.
Unit 01 gets an EAT command (melee attack that increases both current and maximum HP by damage dealt) if it survives a certain number of turns.
>>
The N64 game can be fun. There are 2D plane fighting sequences, some rhythm sequences, one mission being a QTE, and other mini-games. It isn't an amazing game, but it is alright if you are at least a fan of the show. Doesn't have all the angels though, but how could you properly do a mission for each one anyway?

Hell you can finish mission one without losing your cable or going into berserk status.
>>
There is a Super Robot Pinball game on the GBC which features some mechs from NGE and it's a pretty fun pinball game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wos24wJjqWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6DxJdsUr_g
>>
>>2874845
I'm with you there but at some point you're going to have to let it go as gaming in general moves predominately into the digital realm and with how common remasters are. consumers are being taught to rebuy enhanced copies and originals are getting left behind. Our appreciation of the 8, 16, and 32 bit originals will get stronger in the meantime while the younger generation will care less over time
>>
>>2874845
Fuck off. Please.
>>
>>2874845
>I prefer
No one cares about you here.
>>
>>2874845
Because through emulation you can make a game look/run 1000x better. I guess you can be a purist about it, but you're missing out honestly.
>>
>>2874845
>why doesn't everyone just BUY every single obscure Japanese game and patch it on cart?
>>
>>2874951
The argument could just as easily be made for the opposite desu
>>
>>2874217
>>2874363
Apparently it comes from the official Eva Collector's Discs, Volume 3. Here's a video and a download link from the comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKZ64s2FnvQ

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qg9d14k2ucn3eu3/ANGELS.ZIP

However:
>You just have to run it in compatibility mode for Windows 98.
>Is there a way to play it on 64bit windows? It doesn't work even with run in compatibility and run as administrator
>I've got 32bit Windows, so I have no idea, sorry.
>>
File: eva9550970_orig.jpg (83 KB, 443x450) Image search: [Google]
eva9550970_orig.jpg
83 KB, 443x450
>>2875223

Man, I wish the Eva Collector Discs were easier to find. They have all sort of cool screensavers, wallpapers and desktop utilities, but they're so damn hard to find, only a handful of these desktop themes were ripped, I remember they were available to download on 1.0 web Eva sites (along with that angels strategy game), but there were many many others that weren't ripped and never uploaded to the internet. There's over 10 collector discs CD-ROMs.

I believe they're also kind of pricey on jaapnese auction sites.
I guess they are actual collector items, after all.
>>
We're in the year that Neon Genesis takes place and there still hasn't been an anime as revolutionary.

I have Girlfriend of Steel plus the art book. It's alright.
>>
File: NGE_iron_maiden_cover_50dpi.png (304 KB, 412x587) Image search: [Google]
NGE_iron_maiden_cover_50dpi.png
304 KB, 412x587
>>2875361

This artbook?

Also yeah, we're only 5 days away from Third Impact. Can't wait.
where the fuck did time go
>>
>>2875368
I know. 2015 seemed so far off.
>>
>>2875361
>there still hasn't been an anime as revolutionary
>revolutionary
Subtle.
>>
>>2875629

I don't get it... you're referring to Utena?
>>
>>2875093
Yeah except not emulating will not give the same options of customization so that actually wouldn't apply at all.
>>
>>2875647
Of course.
>>
>>2875361
I can agree with this.

>Shinji, draw close, I must tell you something
>HEY CHEER UP YOU SAD OTAKU FATASSES
>NO ENDING, GO FUCK YOURSELVES ^_^

I still can't believe after that they pressured them into actually making like 3 more endings (which trolled them even harder)
>>
>>2876902
Over your head
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.