[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at Sonic 2's special stages?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: S2_Special_Stage_Emerald_GET!.jpg (71 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
S2_Special_Stage_Emerald_GET!.jpg
71 KB, 640x445
How do I git gud at Sonic 2's special stages?
>>
Collect rings, don't get hit.
>>
memorization, disable tails
incidentally, you can go into stage select, beat a special stage and press reset to keep the emerald. keep repeating this until you've got them all.
>>
>>2873350
Memorization is the only way. Once you beat the stages you feel good and they feel easy
>>
>>2873346
Just play Sonic 1 instead if you actually care about special stages.
>>
memorization. no other answer

sonic 3 had the best special stages
>>
>>2873459
Sonic 1 had by far the worst special stages with the stupidest gimmick
>>
pause as the rings start coming to you, to have time to react
>>
>>2873528
Get a turbo controller with rapid pause aka Slow Motion.
>>
>>2873538
This helps, but not as effective as you might want. At least not for me
>>
I've never collected all the emeralds.
I didn't even know sonic turns into a super sayin goku wannabe until like 2 years ago.
>>
>>2873553
Good because it makes the rest of the game extremely boring to slog through when nothing can even touch you.
>>
>>2873561
I see.. that sucks.
>>
>>2873561
It's still a nice reward, but it's literally EZ mode. S3&K handled it a bit better
>>
>>2873571
I liked how you couldn't blitz through the S&K levels just because you got all the emeralds in S3. You had to do it all again.
>>
>>2873571
I don't understand why ANY game rewards the players who do the most difficult things a power-up or ability that makes the game easier.

Like, if you just wanted to stomp the hell out of the bad guys, just play on Power Fantasy difficulty, right? That new Mario game on the Wii U hands you a power-up that makes you invincible and gives you near-flight if you fuck up enough times on a level much like Super Sonic - except that would be when you actually do need it, as opposed to Super Sonic just being completely overkill for players who already kick the shit out of the game as is.

I liked how in Wolfenstein The New Order all the extra modes you can unlock make the game twice as hard and have literally no rewards beyond the self-satisfaction of beating the game with the deck stacked against you in outrageously unfair ways.
>>
>>2873582
>that makes the game easier.

For fun.

Unlocking broken weapons in Resident Evil games just lets me have cathartic replays where I can destroy everything.
>>
I think I only got all the emeralds once. Usually these stages give me a migraine.
>>
>>2873561
Not to mention you go too fast for the game to handle and will sometimes die in retorted ways that make no sense.
>>
>>2873585
They are pretty annoying. I think I prefer Sonic 1's bonus stage even though its probably the hardest
>>
>>2873346
my sons autistic (a genuine autist..i know right..kek) and he discovered sonic,i must have played sonic 2 solid for at leasst a week everynight,he would have a spaz out if i didnt get all the emeralds..i learnt fuck tails off...hes shit,gets in the way,and just memorize the patterns
>>
File: hje67aa7.jpg (59 KB, 814x768) Image search: [Google]
hje67aa7.jpg
59 KB, 814x768
>>2873514
>Pseudo 3d tunnel level with choppy framerate and shitty perspective is better
>>
>>2873639
Better than spending half the time having almost no control over your movement
>>
>>2873346
Learn the patterns, practice.

You can also go at it with sonic or tails alone, the patterns will be the same, but you'll need to collect less rings. Only pussies do this though.
>>
>>2873561
>Good because it makes the rest of the game extremely boring to slog through when nothing can even touch you.

Not really, no. You can still die from pits and getting crushed, and you need 50 rings to transform which alone can be annoying to get (something always hits you when you have 49 rings...).

And the increased acceleration makes platforming parts, like the one in wing fortress, extremely difficult.

bossfights become a joke, but they already were so that don't matter.

>>2873582
>I don't understand why ANY game rewards the players who do the most difficult things a power-up or ability that makes the game easier.

It basically works like this, if you become the best fighter in the world, you won't need to fight anymore - no one would pick a fight with the best fighter, because they'd lose by definition.
>>
>>2873626
Im sorry for your loss anon
>>
>>2873346
You play a better game that had more thought put into it.
>>
>>2873346
Get rid of Tails.
>>
>>2873514
Sonic 2 is much worse.
>>
File: cheater.jpg (179 KB, 1602x1206) Image search: [Google]
cheater.jpg
179 KB, 1602x1206
>>2873528
>cheater detected
>>
>>2873514
I disagree.
>>
>>2873643
>I suck, so the level sucks
The post.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.