[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jet Force Gemini
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: Jet_Force_Gemini_box.jpg (58 KB, 256x179) Image search: [Google]
Jet_Force_Gemini_box.jpg
58 KB, 256x179
What do you guys think of Jet Force Gemini?
>>
fun game
>>
>>2872497

Godly soundtrack
framedrops everywhere
unplayable on emulators
Vela is hot
Dog is best character to play as.
>>
>>2872497
I love this game. I'd like to see a remaster for the PC like what they did for Turok.

>>2872536
I never had framerate issues. Did I have a rare experience?
>>
>>2872537
Everyone who played it had a rare experience.
>>
great game. saving the tribals is annoying as fuck though
>>
>>2872497
I was just thinking about this game today.
Honestly, I fucking LOVED this game when it came out.
Stressed me out a little bit that I had to backtrack and find all the tribals, but each planet is nicely designed and if I remember correctly, had paths for each of the three unique characters.
Absolutely one of the most fun games I ever played on the 64.
Split screen was a blast, too.
>>
>>2872497
It's been in my "to play" list for more than a decade.

I've never gotten around to play it.
>>
>>2872536
>Godly soundtrack

Agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i0zMEYmO4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlgNhPf2aEU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVMfOVsxMgk

It has a cinematic feel, which I usually don't like much in video games, but in this case it's done in a way that feels both immersive and still fun to listen to.
It feels a lot like a mix of the Killer Instinct soundtrack, and Star Wars music, which greatly fits the space opera tone of the game.
>>
>>2872497
Was great aside from the framerate drops.
>>
Does the Xbone port have better framerate?
>>
>>2872497
Replayed it about two years ago. Took a bit to get used to the controls again but had a blast once I was dialed in. People complain too damn much about the tribal collecting. It's really not that bad.

Also I managed to beat the mantis brothers on my first try and Mizar only took me three. Both of them gave me hell as a kid.
>>
>>2872536
>unplayable on emulators
i haven't 100% it, but it seemed fine
>>
>>2872538
Hayo!
>>
File: jfg_puente.jpg (80 KB, 500x580) Image search: [Google]
jfg_puente.jpg
80 KB, 500x580
>>2875000

The only thing I don't like about tribal collecting is that you need to re-do a whole level if you accidentally get one of them killed, then again it also adds some sort of tension because of that.

But anyway, the first 10 hours or so in the game don't require any tribal collecting or ship part hunting, and it's enjoyable as fuck.
Then having to go back to previous planets with different characters isn't so bad although it can be a bit of a burnout if you plan to speedrun the game, it's better to play in shorter sessions, or let the game rest for a bit. I just picked it up again after months and now I'm hunting for the tribals. Since I haven't played the game in a long while, it's good to revisit old planets because I don't remember much about them. I also just found one of the secret planets.

Anyway, sometimes I feel like checking a walkthrough because sometimes you might spent an hour playing only to find out you can't rescue all the tribals with the character you're using, happened to me on the military base level where you can only rescue all the tribals with Lupus doe to needing his hovering.
The game is also sometimes a bit too complicated with alternate paths and the keys you need to advance, but then again I don't really mind that the game isn't holding my hand, but it's easy to get lost and not knowing where to go.
>>
File: _20151225_172331.jpg (7 KB, 168x84) Image search: [Google]
_20151225_172331.jpg
7 KB, 168x84
>>2875325
Sweet jesus
>>
File: JFGSplat.jpg (89 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
JFGSplat.jpg
89 KB, 500x281
>>2875341

he's seen some shit in outer space yo
>>
>>2875341
It's N64-era Rare. They didn't know how to not make googly eyes.
Now they just don't know how to make games.
>>
The game might as well end at the boss before the tribal hunt. Completely kills the momentum of the game.
>>
File: jfg.jpg (370 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jfg.jpg
370 KB, 1024x768
>>2875601

I think going back to previous levels with different characters and finding new paths to gather the ship parts, as well as finding new levels is nice. But the tribal rescuing should have been optional and not mandatory.
>>
>>2875657
There should have been a tolerable room for error, like a quarter the total, so if sound died because any enemy decide do throw a grenade at a wall, or you can't find one or two because oops wrong character, you could still "pass" the level. Fuck just add medals like they did for every single minigame, bronze for at least 1/4, silver for 1/2, gold for 3/4 ad platinum for 100%
>>
File: Kenwashio.jpg (145 KB, 1280x1318) Image search: [Google]
Kenwashio.jpg
145 KB, 1280x1318
Nice little video about the making of JFG with the developers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcjUkm53xq8

I didn't imagine they were inspired by Gatchaman/Battle of the planets, that's rad as fuck.
I guess Juno's helmet actually kinda looks like the gatchaman helmets.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.