[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leisure Suit Larry. Who remembers when it got really good when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Leisure_Suit_Larry_V.png (191 KB, 256x316) Image search: [Google]
Leisure_Suit_Larry_V.png
191 KB, 256x316
Leisure Suit Larry. Who remembers when it got really good when Passionate Patty stepped in?
>>
>>2872394
Only played 7 properly but it's one of my favourite games of all time. Love that it had its own smooth as fuck jazz soundtrack too.
>>
>>2872394
Only played LFS because nudity.
>>
5 wasn't that good.
>>
only played the first one (original EGA) back in the day... did win the game.
>>
>>2872394
Criminally underated games just because they have some nudity.
>>
5 is one of the bad ones.

2=3>6=7>>>1>MCL=5>>>That newest game set on a film studio
>>
>>2873028
Hell yeah anon!
>>
Larry 5 is hated for being too easy but it's still pretty entertaining.

Larry 6 is the funniest.
>>
>>2872394
Thanks to the power of bad programming, I've never finished 5 & 7, and I cheated with save states for 3. I don't own a 486!
>>
>>2872394
Passionate Patty ruined the whole joke of the character.
Plus she was awful in LS4.
>>
>>2875679
It's 2015. There's something called DOSBox.
>>
7 was the most erotic. But 4 really was the most fun.
>>
>>2875679
>I cheated with save states for 3
Unless you're talking about the couple of action sequences there's really no cheating if you're save scumming. It's a Sierra game.
>>
They really need to rerelease love for sail for android. Hell all of them. Btw did any of you pay the rerelease of lsl1 from kickstarter?if so how was it?
>>
>>2876136
Well what do you know.
>>
Is it really that bad? Why?
>>
>>2876143
Only one of those scores is "below average" and only one is "average".
>>
>>2876143
LSL did not need to be remade. It should be left in the late 80s-early 90s where it belongs.
>>
>>2876156
I want them to rerelease lsl7 for modern systems in its original form. Like a source port.
>>
>>2876159
Just run it in Dosbox.
>>
>>2876159
The source code probably doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>2876154
Except games with 'average' scores tend to be pretty shitty these days. Not to mention all the reviews that did outright call it a shitty game.
>>
>>2876163
Not my fault they don't know basic math.
>>
>>2876132

I remember getting stuck in gym due that bug. Played circa '98. Soon my HD crashed and never bothered to re-install said abandonware and try another method. Darn.
>>
>>2875690
Blasphemy!
>>
>>2876139
I played the demo. It's really fun and there's alot to do in it!
>>
>>2872394
I thought Patty was a big misfire. She's not a bad character but Larry turned into a weird Bond satire in 2 and didn't get away from it until 6. I love the whole series but 6 and 7 were far better for dropping Patty.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.