[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those who own an Everdrive 64, would you say that you are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 13565675654623234547567.jpg (141 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
13565675654623234547567.jpg
141 KB, 1136x852
For those who own an Everdrive 64, would you say that you are happy with your purchase?
>>
>>2872216

Yeah, works great and I don't have to support the retro jews to play games.
>>
>>2872216
Yes. Mainly because N64 emulation is still shitty enough for it to feel like a worthwhile purchase. I got a V2 because the few extra games supported by the V3 aren't worth the extra cost to me personally.
>>
>>2872276
Do you know why there are compatibility differences between versions? The N64 didn't have any coprocessor chips. Memory too small? Seems unlikeklyu.
>>
>>2872335
If I am not mistaken the only difference with version 3 that 2.5 doesnt have is that it can play Pokemon Stadium 2 and Animal Crossing. Also it doesnt need to reset to save. Not sure if it is worth the extra money.
>>
>>2872336
The ED64v2 has 64MB of memory that it loads the games into, but this space also has to accompany the the save data. Pokemon Stadium 2 runs into problems because the ROM is 64MB and the last 32KB ends up getting overwritten in memory by the save. So when the game tries to access that section of ROM things go haywire. According the Krikzz it's supposedly fixable in firmware, but it hasn't really been discussed since everyone started gushing over the v3 which fixes the problem in hardware.

Resident Evil 2 and Conker's Bad Fur Day are also 64MB and have built-in saves, so I don't know why they don't run into the same problem.
>>
>>2872216
Is this the only flashcart that is necessary to have? Can every other system (barring xbox and ps3) be emulated now?
>>
I thinking about getting an Everdrive N8. Anyone care to share their experiences with theirs?
>>
>>2872379
I don't really see the point when NES emulation is so easy and such a low performance threshold
>>
This shit is expensive as fuck.
>>
>>2872404
But think about it, the cost of a few very popular titles on the n64 practically equal the amount of an everdrive64 which gives you ever game plus more.
>>
>>2872413
Yea exactly, N64 emulation is kinda lackluster and there's a few games that are expensive AF. What other everdrive carts are worth it though?
>>
>>2872386
It comes with game genie support?
>>
>>2872404
>tfw no cheaper chinese knock-off...
>>
>>2872454
it has gameshark
>nintendo 64
>game genie
>>
>>2872420
I want one for all my consoles now that I actually know about flash carts.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.