[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to git gud at Panel de Pon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: panel.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
panel.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
How to git gud at Panel de Pon?
>>
File: tasneak.png (11 KB, 575x326) Image search: [Google]
tasneak.png
11 KB, 575x326
>>2872054
Play vs. a shit ton. No other way to get the 'eye'. Keeping playing until you can cream the computer even on Super Hard. The SNES in hindsight has really bad AI, but it doesn't seem like that until you're good enough.
>>
>>2872054

My girlfriend kicks my ass at Tetris, but I'm far superior at this game. I guess we're even.
>>
File: scrn_theNextTetris-01.jpg (71 KB, 616x443) Image search: [Google]
scrn_theNextTetris-01.jpg
71 KB, 616x443
>>2872094
You and your GF should play The New Tetris, the only Tetris variation worth a damn (I don't count TA as a Tetris game because they don't share anything in common besides being puzzel games). It may help level the playing field. The added mechanic is trying to create perfect squares with 4 tetraminos, bonus points if they are all the same piece.
>>
>>2872054
Just play a fuckton, for hours on end, all day erryday. You'll know you're in the cusp of transcending into gud territory when you start imagining chains while trying to go to sleep.
>>
File: c6.png (245 KB, 548x420) Image search: [Google]
c6.png
245 KB, 548x420
Do game devs make puzzle games like this anymore? I feel like they're all PAD and Candy Crush clones.
>>
>>2872103

Looks pretty cool. We'll try it out. I know this game already for the secret rant hidden within the game's files, haha.

We played Tetris 2 on SNES and didn't like it.
>>
>>2872094
Any suggestions on how to get your girlfriend to play Tetris/Panel? Mine is younger, but would be good at puzzles. Or I just want to beat her in game. Not sure which.
>>
>>2872112
Tetris (attack) syndrome.

>>2872124
> secret rant hidden within the game's files
Elaborate?

It is a good variation. I thought the original Tetris couldn't be improved, however trying to form squares is a logical extension because there are tons of ways to assemble perfect squares with 4 tetraminos. It's very mathematically elegant. That being said the action shifts from scoring tetrises to making blocks, so it's just a variation, not replacement, for the original.
>>
>>2872116
they moved to cellphones.. and became candy crush clones
>>
>>2872116
Candy crush has a mode that's basically this. Have you never played it?
>>
>>2872135
>hidden programmer's rant
https://tcrf.net/The_New_Tetris
>>
>>2872173
If it's the same mode that I'm thinking of, not really, it's not the same.
>>
>>2872179
It's literally an attack mode. What are you on about
>>
You can't even practice well cause PPL's online was shut down

Fucking hell Nintendo get it together already and release a new game
>>
>>2872573
>Fucking hell Nintendo get it together already and release a new game
I really wish they would take a break from Pushmo to do this.
Even a western eshop release of the Nintendo Puzzle Collection version would be appreciated.
>>
Not OP but how the fuck do you get chain combos?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.