[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus, why is this game so hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 5328_front[1].jpg (92 KB, 640x644) Image search: [Google]
5328_front[1].jpg
92 KB, 640x644
Jesus, why is this game so hard?
>>
I don't know, James
>>
I remember this game having the most retarded control scheme ever conceived.
>>
Did this game have any relation to Batman Forever on snes? They seemed very similar.
>>
>>2870120
Both tried to use pseudo-MK controls and failed very badly at it.
>>
>>2870092
this game has the most retarded animation for blood spray i've ever seen.
>>
>>2870092
Shit up James, you don't even own that version of the game.
>>
I own the n64 version. I like the game but sadly it's too hard.
>>
The only good thing about the game and the reason to play are the cutscenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvDXEMAzTAk
>>
File: 1448754065933.gif (899 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1448754065933.gif
899 KB, 250x188
>AVGN reviews a new game
>threads about "WHY IS THIS SO HARD/BAD?" pop up
>rinse, repeat for the last 9 fucking years

It's always amusing whenever you realize people used to make WORST GAME EVER lists based on stuff he reviewed, kind of like how most of the Top 100 Worst Movies on IMDB is all stuff reviewed by MST3K
>>
>>2870238
not avgn, but i figure gaming historian's vid on ristar is why there's a ristar thread up now
>>
>>2870238
Yeah, I guess that happens, doesn't bother me.

Most of the time when James talks about a bad game, it's genuinely bad and was considered as such before he ever mentioned it. He also tends to pick games famous for being bad and hated, so inevitably, a lot of the stuff he covers would probably end up on a Top 100 worst games list, coincidence or not.

It's always funny to me when someone says shit like "NES Dragon's Lair wasn't bad at all, s-stop parrotting e-celebs" which is probably ten times more pathetic than actually parrotting e-celebs for real.
>>
>>2870294

Never heard shit like that here, and I spend a considerable amount of time in /vr/. But I can relate what you say when we see the Bubsy defense force saying the game isn't shit though
>>
>>2870430

To be honest I'm kind of sick of them talking about this on every podcast. James especially seems way too eager to make a joke about Mike's dick size. Mike just gets that look like "okay, they get it, James" but James is already sweating and rambling on about it. Like "I bet my wife would love it, haha" and you see Mike's just looking uncomfortable as James stares at him with his face all red. I don't know, I just think all this discussion of Mike's huge dick is affecting the quality of the podcast. Like, just talk about Zelda or something.
>>
>>2870440
in their defense, Mike's cock really is incredible
>>
Its funny how all these tryhards are getting mag at op for watching a video yet they all know about the video themselves and have seen it. Tryhard hypocrites tBh
>>
File: 1325803086287.jpg (36 KB, 360x267) Image search: [Google]
1325803086287.jpg
36 KB, 360x267
>>2870430
>>2870440
>>2870463

>There are people who take the time to write these things and still think they are better people than James Rolfe
>>
>>2870484
merry christmas James.
>>
Can't wait for people to claim everyone who hates Mythologies is just parroting AVGN now despite the game having a shit reputation for nearly two decades.
>>
>>2870440
>To be honest I'm kind of sick of them talking about this on every podcast. James especially seems way too eager to make a joke about Mike's dick size. Mike just gets that look like "okay, they get it, James" but James is already sweating and rambling on about it. Like "I bet my wife would love it, haha" and you see Mike's just looking uncomfortable as James stares at him with his face all red
I literally lold thank you
>>
I liked it when AVGN reviewed games he actually played as a kid. Gives it a whole different perspective.

Now he's just any bad game reviewer.
>>
File: basedmike.jpg (116 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
basedmike.jpg
116 KB, 900x900
>aging like a fine wine
>getting more handsome every day
>thick full head of beautifully groomed hair
>hot girlfriends
>solely responsible for AVGN and James' paychecks for the last 10 years
>funnier than james
>smarter than james
>bigger penis than james
>his hot girlfriends are all faithful
>better at making films than james
>dresses nicely
>10" diamond hard thick penis
>can fuck for hours
>fucks like a machine
>more interesting opinions than james
>better at video games than jmes
>lets james come over to his awesome apartment because he's such a killer nice guy he won't leave this shell of a man in the dust
>nothing but good things ahead
>confident enough in himself to release embarrassing videos of himself and laugh it off because he's that alpha
>actually has talent in multiple areas (drawing, video editing, wed administration, etc.)

Mike Matei general?
>>
I want /tv/ to leave.
>>
File: Welcome_to_Cuck_Island.png (814 B, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Welcome_to_Cuck_Island.png
814 B, 256x240
>It's a stealth AVGN thread.
>>
>>2870096
lol
>>
>>2870582
>Rages at games like a 10 year old.
>>
>>2870238
>kind of like how most of the Top 100 Worst Movies on IMDB is all stuff reviewed by MST3K

That's because bad movies usually don't get popular
>>
>>2870874
see

>confident enough in himself to release embarrassing videos of himself and laugh it off because he's that alpha
>>
>>2870115

It's the old Mortal Kombat control scheme, you dingus.

>>2870092

It isn't. I can beat it in a single seating.
>>
>>2870582
What is this meme about Mike's cock? Asking honestly
>>
HE'S GONNA LET YOU FUCK HIS WIFE'S ASS
>>
>>2870294
I can understand why people hate James. he doesn't know that much about games but he has a big influence on people. There's kids thinking Silver Surfer, Friday the 13th on NES and Indiana Jones on N64 suck. Thinking the Genesis has no games and thinking all games with tank controls are bad. Etcetera. Just because James said those things. James is right about a lot of things but he's also wrong about a lot of things, so you get two groups, who either parrot everything he says or claim everything he says is wrong. It's like nobody can form their own opinions, they have to take them from some guy on the internet for some reason.
>>
>>2870582
dude wed lmao

mike matei is a wimp though, he sounds like a high pitched homosexual man and has a weird accent, most of his sentences are like questions
>>
>>2871061
Basically his impressive bulge was visible during a video and after people asked about it all the time he stated on YouTube that it was 10 inches.
>>
>>2871316

Is there proof that he talked about his dick on Youtube?
There are kids watching his stuff, maybe we can work some denounce? Imagine seeing Mike in jail for sharing his cock with children online, it'd be glorious.
>>
I don't watch YouTubers and everyone who does and gossips about them is a fucking faggot who needs to go back to their >>>/v/ containment board, but that game fucking sucks.
>>
>>2871060
And the MK control scheme is abysmal for platforming.

>>2870438
Oh yeah, that's the worst autism.
>B-Bubsy isn't bad, t-that's just a meme

It's just people with shit taste trying to use e-celeb worship as a crutch for justifying their shit taste.
Bubsy was always bad and always hated, only the first game can be said to be even mediocre.
>>
>>2870515
This, just fucking wait.

>>2871142
>Silver Surfer
Not the worst, but it really isn't a very fun game.

>Friday the 13th
Genuinely an interesting game, but it has a few flaws.

>Indiana Jones on N64
I don't think they gave it a good chance, but I can see how a bug like poison remaining after a game over is offputting.

>Thinking the Genesis has no games
I don't think I've ever heard that one.

>and thinking all games with tank controls are bad
I think that's a little misleading.
I hated tank controls, still do, I think they're Awful with a capital A, but that doesn't make say, Resident Evil bad games. To the contrary, I think it's a testament to how good RE actually is for remaining so popular when it had such terrible controls, it was good enough that people looked past that. In my opinion, tank controls were atrocious and I'm glad we don't do them for games anymore.
>>
>>2871142

Outside of the AVGN videos, Jakes has actually admitted that he likes Silver Surfer and Friday the 13th. Simon's Quest, too.
>>
>>2870438

I actually played Bubsy 3D when it was brand new. It was the very first game I got for the Playstation, for my 9th birthday. Like most kids, I was very non-critical, and every game I played I assumed it would be great, and I would expend any amount of time or patience on a game to get the most out of it. I didn't even really think there were 'bad games'. Just games that I got stuck on and stopped playing and didn't pick up again. I loved and am nostalgic for absolutely horrible Playstation games like Simpsons Wrestling, Reloaded, Crash Bash, and even South Park.

I have every reason to be nostalgic and defend Bubsy 3D. But I won't because there is no defending it, not even within the context of the time it was released. Anyone who defends Bubsy 3D is either a troll or an idiot. What the developers of that game did was indefensible. It has zero redeeming qualities. The entire thing is an insult to video games. It was the only PS1 game I ever sold; about a month after my 9th birthday.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.