[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magazines, Scans, etc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: BSF0497.jpg (1 MB, 1650x2208) Image search: [Google]
BSF0497.jpg
1 MB, 1650x2208
I just found this over in /t/ and thought you might enjoy it:
>>>/t/686313

Also Magazine/Advertising thread? I used to read the Bravo Screenfun alot because it was the first mag here in Germany wich had covered all consoles and PC and i liked to read about games i couldn't play because i didn't own the console.

You can download a few Volumes here
http://www.kultcds.com/index.php?lang=en&id=bsf&only=1
>>
>DJ Bobo

those were times, lol
>>
File: 1440640167422.jpg (62 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1440640167422.jpg
62 KB, 500x349
>>
File: 1422393532017.jpg (161 KB, 394x431) Image search: [Google]
1422393532017.jpg
161 KB, 394x431
>>
>>2869717
Couldn't be more mid 90s if it tried
>>
Used to have this great Nintendo Australia magazine poster that had the skull mascot and "Sport sucks and I'm not doing it" in op's 90s font. Wish I still had it.

British Official Sega Magazine has all been scanned and is a good read

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/other-consoles/sega-saturn/0--official-sega-saturn-magazine-complete-run-37-issues/
>>
I'm Mexican. We had Club Nintendo (still kindda do. No, really), Video Tips, a very bad translation of uk's N64, and eventually a mexican version of EGM led by a Club Nintendo ex-staffer. I'm sure we had a couple of other rubbish ones, but those are the ones I remember.

I think I have at leat one issue of each.

Mexican video game mags. Mexican video game mags everywhere.
>>
>>2870081
I always remembered this ad specifically because of how goddamn comfy it looked.
>>
File: 005.jpg (395 KB, 741x999) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
395 KB, 741x999
>>2869717
>it was the first mag here in Germany
Nope, first multiplattform mag including arcades was ASM and Powerplay if I remember correctly. Screenfun was one of the worst of all mags out there imo. Man!ac and Videogames was the wannabe-otaku lecture.
>>
>>2871397
Imagine that cover today.
>>
>>2871397
I remember reading this issue on the bus to/from school... like it was yesterday.

ASM was a great magazine although the content was "scattered" and chaotically arranged. In my mind it intimately connected to the review of "Game Over", "Barbarian", "Narc" and the Amiga computer.

Those were the days.
>>
File: img252.jpg (2 MB, 2460x3425) Image search: [Google]
img252.jpg
2 MB, 2460x3425
>>2871397
Well i may be a bit too young for this one. I'm born in '86 and i don't remember that Magazine at all. Was it published long? I only also remember the Club Nintendo and something like PC Games or so but both had only covered their specific Platforms.

I think for Otakulecture i read AnimaniA the most.
>>
There are some scans on archive.org

https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Aktueller+Software+Markt%22
>>
>see this thread
>check again some old magazines of mine
>super metroid review
>shows the broken tube
>"well, I guess some people might find it hard..."
>shows mother brain
>shows mother brain final form
>shows mother brain with metroid attached

Wow fuck the past
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.