[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If games were made with scanlines in mind, how come press release
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 1371141996507.png (153 KB, 356x467) Image search: [Google]
1371141996507.png
153 KB, 356x467
If games were made with scanlines in mind, how come press release and magazine screenshots didn't have the scanlines baked in?
>>
Are people really this stupid? You may as well be wondering why black and white photographs aren't in color.
>>
>>2867106
>calling people stupid
>when you don't even understand proper analogies

Only stupid one here is you, dummy
>>
Who cares?
>>
>>2867107

>calling people dummies
>when you don't even know how to formulate a proper thought
>>
>>2867121
I should be saying that to you, dummy
>>
Forget scanlines... The only thing BAKED IN here is OP and his dumb stoner brain farts.
>>
>>2867127

Well, I'll have you know that I created an entire line of books for "dummies" like me a few decades ago and am now swimming in cash like Scrooge McDuck. So enjoy your happy meal while I go fuck your high school crush in my Ferrari. PWND
>>
is it the same person making these fucking threads? if you rather play your games on an lcd, then go out and have fun, stop making these shitty threads
>>
File: 1449699830416.gif (16 KB, 467x397) Image search: [Google]
1449699830416.gif
16 KB, 467x397
>>2867128
I'm a stoner and I take great offense at being compared to OP, who is clearly a massive fucking faggot.

PLEASE let this thread die. No one wants another from fucking scanline thread. This shit is cancer.
>>
>>2867131
>So enjoy your happy meal while I go fuck your high school crush in my Ferrari

You wanna know the funny, ironic thing about this if it was actually true? These people who go through high school, get rich, fuck bitches, et cetera 9 times out of 10 probably never get the fuck that one girl they always wanted, so in the end every hole they stick it in will always fall short.
>>
>>2867136

Every time someone gets butt-hurt and loses their marbles in one of those daily CRT threads here, they then feel the need to start a separate thread as a desperate attempt to seek approval for their nonsense.
>>
>>2867141

Not when I know I'm fucking YOUR high school crush.
>>
If you were meant to be loved or respected by anyone, why do you shitpost an internet web forum for autists?
>>
>>2867097
Because film doesn't work that way

>>2866172
Use the catalog

Not retro
>>
Because Shiggy-poo been cuckin' Eugene Knocka and fart.
>>
>>2867131
HA! Joke is on you, my high school crush is FAT AS FUCK NOW!
>>
I never would have thought scan lines in old video games would even be a factor to consider for retro gamers. It blows my mind that it is something that people actually care enough to talk about on a regular basis, but I find it nothing short of ridiculous that people are so venomous about it.
>>
File: ufouria2.jpg (556 KB, 700x1024) Image search: [Google]
ufouria2.jpg
556 KB, 700x1024
>>2867097
Loads of games in magazines and even box art had scanlines, though.
>>
>>2868003
Post examples then. There are none in your image.
>>
>>2868010
Actually you can see if you look at the upper screenshot the dimming of the CRT phosphorus on the upper half of the screen. Not my fault you're blind, bud.
>>
>>2867591

Yeah, I made sure of that detail as well. Enjoying life? :D
>>
>>2867097
I'm going to pretend this thread isn't a fishing expedition for a moment.

Have you ever actually looked at a magazine from the 80's or 90's up close? You would have to print a screenshot either zoomed in a lot or take up the whole page before you started actually seeing scanlines.
>>
>>2868017
You're using "scanline" in a misleading way. On /vr/, "scanline" is always slang for "obvious visible scanline, clearly separated from other scanlines". Your screenshot only shows that the camera wasn't synchronized with the raster scan. It does not show scanlines as the word is used on /vr/.
>>
File: 2368990-genesis_alteredbeast_jp.jpg (2 MB, 1404x1920) Image search: [Google]
2368990-genesis_alteredbeast_jp.jpg
2 MB, 1404x1920
>>2868010
>>2868027
>>2868017
How about this?
>>
>>2868349
Visible scanlines, but very little horizontal blur, which proves the anti-dithering people are wrong.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (41 KB, 317x463) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
41 KB, 317x463
>>2868027
Look at the background.
>>
Scanlinefags blown the fuck out
>>
Clearly game designers made their games for LCD screens that weren't around for 30 more years or so.
What a foresight.
>>
Because line art is lines and not pixels. Holy fuck, talking about apples and oranges.
>>
File: 2361178-nes_blastermaster[1].jpg (4 MB, 1533x2100) Image search: [Google]
2361178-nes_blastermaster[1].jpg
4 MB, 1533x2100
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.