[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Light gun games on PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ControllerCollection026.jpg (90 KB, 900x618) Image search: [Google]
ControllerCollection026.jpg
90 KB, 900x618
Like all people I like me some light gun games Time Crisis, Virtua Cop, House of the dead, etc., but as CRT isn't an option for me i'm limited to the PS3 and Wii releases (which is a good selection but limited).
So i'm looking for emulating on PC and getting a Light gun to use and i'm looking for some advise.
I've seen some products online and theres a way to get a Wii remote running so i was going to start there but doess that work just as well as the dedicated products?
>>
>>2866641
The Wii isn't a lightgun, so its going to work exactly like it always does. If you've been fine with it then just do it.
>>
>>2866641
Some arcade emulators allow mouse input in lieu of light guns. If you can't get a gun working, try Mame++ o something
>>
Time Crisis 4 first run had a HDTV Light Gun.

Plugged into the USB and had Sensors next to the screen
>>
>>2866836
I went out of my way to get one of these about a year ago. I assumed there MUST be a way to make it work on PC.

There is not.

It is faster and more responsive than the PS Move, however.
>>
>>2866814
This here is your best bet, unless you plan on dropping $100 for one of those Aimtrak guns. Wii remote as a light gun is possible, but from what I understand it's not exactly %100 error-free. It's actually making the Wii remote function as the mouse, and I've heard of accuracy issues as well. Either go ahead and use your mouse and save yourself the trouble, or spend the big dollar and get a quality light gun that will work with pretty much everything. I don't own one myself but everyone online swears by them, and they look like the Namco Guncon, so that's pretty cool.
>>
>>2870970
Can't you get the circuit board alone for the AimTrak significantly cheaper, and pop it in any cheap lightgun you're willing to sacrifice and gut?
>>
>>2866641
> dat micro uzi lightgun
where can I get one?
>>
I guess using lightgun with a projector won`t work?
>>
>>2870970
Aimtrak isn't a lightgun. It uses motion controller technology and emulates a mouse.
>>
I'm not OP, but I want to ask: If I have a large CRT around, can I rig it up to MAME and play lightgun roms on it? Is such a thing possible? if it is I wouldn't even know what equipment I would need.
>>
>>2866641

I want to play this again so bad....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SMGJf84Ltw
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.