[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who played Galactic Battlegrounds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: EF_EArmor.png (326 KB, 1024x562) Image search: [Google]
EF_EArmor.png
326 KB, 1024x562
Who played Galactic Battlegrounds?
>>
For an AoE reskin, it was pretty good.

Jedi were broken though
>>
I am seeing now there's another RTS called Empire at War. Was this any good?
>>
Used to play lan games of it with my cousin when we got bored of AOE2.

Great fun. I went back to it recently and aside from the resolution limitations and scratchy jarring sound effects, it still holds up as a fun AOE2 Clone
>>
>>2866246
Only the space battles, the ground battles are absolute garbage
>>
>>2866190
It was pretty cool for what is essentially AoE: Star Wars Edition, and had some ideas that AoE didn't.

Feels slightly awkward in a thematic sense every once in a while, but it's fun.
>>
>>2866190
It's Age of Empires and Star Wars, two of my favorite things put together. You can get a seemingly legal download on the first page of google if you wanna give it another shot. The expansion too.
>>2866246
What the other Anon said. But there's a shitton of great mods for it. I can recommend Thrawn's Revenge and Awakening of the Rebellion.
>>
>>2866190
Got it recently, because I felt like playing some AOE2 but didn't want to pay $30 on steam so i went with $6 on GOG instead
>>
>>2867578
Dude, it's free
>>
Played it to death. Use to love making walls. But between it and all the games like it I'm burned out.
>>
>>2867634
>star-wars-galactic-battlegrounds.en.softonic.com/
>
>Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, free and safe download.
totally not a virus
>>
>>2866190

I did. It's fun. Mostly because pf ghe AoK mechanics. It had to much of a focus on the shitty sequels for me to fall in love with it. After all, 5 of the 8 factions are:

Royal Naboo
Gungans
Trade Federation
Galactic Republic
Confederacy

I mean... ZZZZZZ

The Trade Federation and Galactic Republic were somewhat fun but gungans, naboos and confederacy were annoying.
>>
>>2868857
The tutorial between Chewbacca's tribe and the Trade Federation was a fun crossover. I liked the missions that took place between movies, like one where you play as the Empire and have to protect the AT-AT prototype.

And then I think the expansion pack was mostly just Confederacy VS Republic in every mission. And a plot involving some stupid overpowered unit called decimators.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.