[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parappa the Rapper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Thoughts on this series?
>>
only played the first one..

great song but sparse on content
>>
>>2864880

I never thought it would-a be like dis, I am de numbah one rulah of de seven seas.
>>
>>2864989

I can sell a bottle cap like this.

I can... sella... bott-le... caplikethis.
>>
Only played the first one so far, and it was all fun until the final level showed up and halfway through it just goes FUCK YOU NOW YOU AIN'T GONNA KNOW WHAT TO DO AND YOU'LL HAVE TO REPLAY THE WHOLE THING JUST TO MEMORIZE THE PATTERN, which was a poor choice in my opinion.

Also car drive best song.
>>
File: Kaigetsudo_Chop_Chop.jpg (288 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Kaigetsudo_Chop_Chop.jpg
288 KB, 640x800
>>2864880
Lammy's my favorite, but that's only because of my musical preferences and the amount of content.
>>
Lammy > Parappa
>>
Liked Parappa 1 and 2. I didn't like Lammy.
>>
The first Parappa is kind of broken.
The music doesn't quite sync up right and it makes certain levels a nightmare. (3rd level in particular is very difficult to follow exactly)
Um jammer Lammy improved this immensely.
Parappa 2 is in my opinion very unsung and is arguably better than the first and almost on par with Um Jammer Lammy. (Better in some ways, worse in others)
>>
CRACK CRACK CRACK THE EGG INTO THE BOWL
>>
RIBBIT RIBBIT ME CAN'T HOLD IT
LAST TOILET THAT ME HAD
ME ALREADY SOLD IT
>>
>>2866819
Third level is easy as shit for me, if something, it's my favourite. Instead, the third segment of the first one and the last one were nightmares to me.

And improvising the fourth one was kinda difficult too, really, the sync of the game wasn't that important but it seems like the PSP version suffered from this in a longer scale.
>>
File: 1450397561809.jpg (44 KB, 432x594) Image search: [Google]
1450397561809.jpg
44 KB, 432x594
>>2864880
Generic shitty rythm game
>>
>>2864880
first one best one
>>
File: 418432-parappa_the_rapper_2_1.jpg (35 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
418432-parappa_the_rapper_2_1.jpg
35 KB, 400x308
the second episode on playstation 2 is really cool, i bought it on amazon 3 weeks ago and in my opinion it's superior to the 1st one
>>
>>2864880
I thought it was alright, the timing window was a bitch though. Lammy was a bit better and I haven't played the second one yet.
>>
>>2864880
It's hilarious. First was best.
>>
Gameplay-wise, Parappa 2 is the best in the series.

Content-wise, Lammy is the best in the series.

Soundtrack-wise, Parappa 1 has the most memorable tunes.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.