[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good Star Wars retro games? I just saw my first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: SOTE-N64.png (553 KB, 575x400) Image search: [Google]
SOTE-N64.png
553 KB, 575x400
What are some good Star Wars retro games? I just saw my first Star Wars movie last night anf it was pretty good so now I'm wondering about the franchise.
>>
Play the Famicom emulation. It is superb. Trust me.
>>
Star Wars (1983 arcade game)
X-Wing vs Tie Fighter/Balance of Power
Dark Forces
Star Wars Episode 1: Racer
>>
>>2864620
Plus 1 for Namco Star Wars on the Famicom
>>
>>2864616
Stop shitposting.
>>
>>2864616

I am not a Star Wars fan (in my country the Star Trek tv show was more popular than Star Wars until the 2000s Star Wars movies with Ewan McGregor)

But Star Wars has a lot of great videogames

the 2 great N64 Star Wars games are Rogue Squadron and Episode 1: Racer (if you like futuristic racers like F Zero or Wipe Out)
these 2 games are not retro but great

Star Wars Rogue Leader (Gamecube) metacritic 90/100 from 2001

Knights of the Old Republic RPG (metacritic 93/100)
year 2003 (pc)
This one has a sequel that is also quite good

The SNES games are also very good, but are extremely difficult action platformers.
>>
>>2864616
Dark Forces
Jedi Outcast
Episode 1 Racer
>>
File: Swtiefightercd.jpg (118 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
Swtiefightercd.jpg
118 KB, 300x375
Nothing is more GOAT than TIE-FIghter.
X-Wing and X-Wing Alliance are also strongly recommended.
>>
How about Rebel Assault 1 and 2?
>>
The easier question is which are the not so good ones? Because the majority of the games are pretty good... if anything some of them are rather difficult (SNES games come to mind).
>>
>>2864781
How is this shitposting?
>>
>>2867190
What about the NES games based on A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>2867543
>I don't know how to search
>>
>>2868684
The on based on a New hope isn't that bad. There is just those few levels that are utter shit. I'm gonna finish that damn game someday.
>>
>>2864616
None of them since none of them are canon.
>>
>>2864616

32X' Star Wars Arcade is a gem.
>>
File: teras-kasi.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
teras-kasi.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>2867190
This.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbHHz9ZP3Tg
>>
>>2864616

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_video_games

I personally recommend the Star Wars: Dark Forces series (PC), the Super Star Wars series (SNES), the Star Wars: X-Wing series (PC), the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series (N64/GC), the Star Wars: Jedi Knight series (PC), the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series (PC), Star Wars Episode I Racer (N64), and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (N64).

The platforming portions of Shadows of the Empire is painful to play by today's standards, but it's an interesting game.
>>
>>2864616
If Force Awakens was your first Star Wars movie, I'm sorry.
>>
>>2868692
Getting educated recomendations from your community is a worthy use for this board
>>
Super Star Wars series for the SNES or Rogue Squadron on the N64 are your best bets.
>>
I haven't played SotE in like ten years. I'm reluctant to play it again because I'm afraid I'll hate it.
>>
>>2870891
It could be worse. OP's first could be one of the prequels.
>>
>>2871565
Yeah but it's still choosing to eat either a shit sandwich or diarrhea soup.
>>
>>2871015
i liked it as much as i did as a kid. fun but not godly. few annoying bits
>>
>>2865075
+1 for tie fighter, make sure you have a joy stock though.

My favourite is the original Jedi knight
>>
>>2867190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHh9v8LDZ9w

It's not good
>>
For KOTOR 1, are there any mods/patches similar to those made for Bethesda games where they seriously clean up a lot of glitches and performance issues, that you'd actually want to use the first time playing?
>>
>>2864781
This pretty much.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.