[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more fun beat'em up game? >neat graphic,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: One-must-fall-cover.jpg (36 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
One-must-fall-cover.jpg
36 KB, 325x325
Is there a more fun beat'em up game?

>neat graphic, details and shadowing
>simple and effective controls
>actually gets environment hazards right
>challenging but not utterly impossible difficulty level, with relatively short fights that never drag out
>pretty good sound effects *kling* *klong* and 9/10 music
>serviceable storyline in story mode, nifty little details revealed in the pre-fight dialogue

The only problem I can think of is the weird difficulty curve in tournament mode, which starts easy, gets pretty difficult and then becomes kindergarten simple once you progress and unlock various robots.
Also the AI isn't always awesome and it's possible to win flawlessly by spamming kicks with the Jaguar.
>>
>by spamming kicks with the Jaguar.
Overhead throw is all you need.
The other robots don't have shit on the Jaguar in tournament mode. It's cheaper to upgrade and has useful hidden extras and simple destruct moves.
>>
File: omf.png (50 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
omf.png
50 KB, 640x400
>>2864285
And once it gets boring move to Nova and become literally invincible.
>>
Great soundtrack. The thing that killed it was how easy it was to find a way to exploit most characters, so there was no challenge.
>>
Had tons of fun with this game and the tournament and all, but the most fun to be had was playing 2Player with a friend. I remember playing this and MegaRace for a short while with a friend on an old 486 with some Gravis Gamepads or whatever they were called. Then we got distracted by Warcraft 2 and the PS1.

Shadow, Chrono, and the gargoyle one are OP as fuck if used right.
>>
I remember playing it on a weaker system and the combo timing was much longer than usual, resulting in something like 125 hit combos with a Shredder in the tournament end game.

Also, I can't help but think that the game would've worked pretty damn well as a cartoon or animu.
>>
I played it entire night on PC. Was my first Robot game in Street Fighter Mode. The best Robot was Jaguar and Nova the boss one.
>>
>>2865876
You can still tune down speed in the game.
>>
One Must Fall 2097

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15bvpznQP5M
>>
Battlegrounds is the most disappointing sequel in the history of gaming since Skyward Sword.
>>
God I love this game. Best soundtrack ever.
>>
>>2865712
Shadow an absolute shit.

Gargoyle is OP except for the fact that Nova can squash it like a bug. If you disallow Nova then sure.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.