[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Traveling with .... ROMS !
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1449590244973.gif (348 KB, 240x155) Image search: [Google]
1449590244973.gif
348 KB, 240x155
Hey /vr/

I am going on Vacation this week and I want to bring my Gameboy DMG and flashcard with me to Cuba. I was wondering if the airport people will loose their shit if I have a devices like this ?
>>
File: 254044-fzero.jpg (37 KB, 335x293) Image search: [Google]
254044-fzero.jpg
37 KB, 335x293
>>2863943
You only have to worry of there are ROM sniffing dogs OP. If that happens prepare for some Midnight Express type shit to go down.

Remember, winners don't use ROMs. -Some FBI Asshole
>>
>>2863943
They might think it is an explosive/illegal device honestly. Or they might realize what it is and simply confiscate it from you. Good luck with that - drink a Cuba Libre for me.
>>
>>2863943
I think even with the new relaxed restrictions a GB is considered too high tech to import to Cuba.
>>
>>2863943
Mate, it's a fucking Game Boy.
>>
nah
>>
>>2863943

Would it be gay to get blown by pepsi man?
>>
>>2863943 (OP)
alright serious answer

the flashcart itself is perfectly legal in pretty much all UN countries, which includes Cuba. But possession of ROMs is punishable by death via snu-snu here in Cuba, good thing is we rarely do full-body cavity search on hairy man, if that's your case, use a microSD to SD adapter, so you can just copy the ROMs to a microSD and hide it in some cavity where you think agent are less likely to find it.

alright srsly now, just save it in ur smartphone's memory as an encrypted file, then go to a cyber cafe, (we call it "LAN House" aroudn here) to download crypto software, decrypt and copy it to the flashcarts sd.

last tip, be sure to usa veracrypt with the strongest options, use a diceware password with 6+ words, that way should your material be found and confiscated, you will still have some 20 years of decrypting in government supercomputers until they can prove you had ROMs all along.

and remember, dont carry the software only the data, and never admit to what it is, dont even say that its an encrypted file
>>
>>2863943
I really don't think there would be any issue. I've never heard of anyone flipping shit over a Game Boy. And, as far as the flash cart goes, unless a person knows what it is specifically, they'd just assume it's a regular cartridge with unique casing, since a lot of GB/C games ended up having weird or colorful cartridge designs.
I'd imagine you're overanalyzing, then again, I'm no customs officer.
>>
>>2863943
>Gameboy DMG
Since when did people start calling this model by that name instead of just plain old "Gameboy"? Is this a meme or something now?
>>
>>2865343
He probably makes/listens to chiptune. Us chiptune artists call everything by model.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.