[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got this game from a bundle, and I tried it with the expectation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I got this game from a bundle, and I tried it with the expectation it would be shit, but actually it's not as bad as I thought.

It's actually better than Wolfenstein 3D in some ways.

First of all it has an automap which removes most of the frustration with playing Wolfenstein 3D. Second, it actually has has a rocket launcher type weapon which doesn't share ammo with all the other weapons, pic related.

What do you think /vr/?
>>
>>2862789
Looks interesting, Is it true ID gave Wisdom Tree
the source code to Wolfenstein 3D as a fuck you to Nintendo?
>>
isn't this worth a bundle
>>
Actually the automap was added to the Steam port.

Still makes the game much more fun to play than Wolfenstein though, but I'm sure some sourceport adds that to Wilfenstein too.
>>
>>2862794
From what ive heard, no, they bought the licence just like any other company in the day who wanted the wolfenstein engine for their FPS
>>
>>2862789
The problem I have with this game (and Wolf3D) is that the damage you take seems so variable, and so are the enemy's reaction time.
>>
>>2862854
A few versions have it.
The SNES one has it, and I think maybe the Jaguar and 3DO ports too
>>
>>2863020
It's almost entirely random. Both the enemy's chance to hit and the damage you take is based on just obstruction, range, and RNG
>>
>>2863047
I can tell. The game was pretty difficult at times even on easy
>>
>>2862789
yeah I agree atleas in regards of music and sound design this game is way more advanced. I mean wolf3d sounds are cool when in combat but I am talking about the pickup sound and all that
speaking of id games
sorry for a bit off topic but I am retard and didn't find a more fitting thread
so I just got my hands on keen dreams
since it's an id game I thought this is a place if any to ask
is it really considered a good game or is it nostalgia? the autoaim, controls, leaps of faith and even the graphics are not too enjoyable.
I try to be constructive here and I know it's a fucking ancient game but still, I cannot find a guy who would agree with this.
so enough with the blog post and just ask
am I the only one?
>>
>>2864291
Keen Dreams was a throwaway game id made for Softdisk Publishing. Commander Keen 4-6 are the good ones.
>>
>>2864303
ah okay, I knew some history about dreams but I didn't know that
cool thanks
>>
>>2864303
I still enjoy keen dreams, its not a bad game really
>>
>>2862789
All those pictures of Noah on the wall really freak me out.
>>
>>2867084
Then y'all need to get right with Jesus.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.