[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst Video Game Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Awesome_Possum_cover.jpg (76 KB, 280x397) Image search: [Google]
Awesome_Possum_cover.jpg
76 KB, 280x397
Anyone else ever have the misfortune to play this piece of shit?
>>
Just picked this up recently. Haven't played it yet, but from your description I'm glad I didn't pay much for it.
>>
>>2861893
No. It was creation to cause pain in you.
>>
Looks pretty awesome to me.
>>
It is Godawfull. First off, it came out during that era when every Genesis game wanted to be like Sonic the Hedgehog, only this game managed to get EVERY fucking thing wrong (Worse than Bubsy)

Main character moves far too fast to avoid hitting half the obstacles you are suppose to. You have to just tap the Dpad on and off to keep yourself from running.

Jumping controls are garbage. It doesn't matter if you lightly tap the dpad while you are in the air, or if you hold it down complexity, your character will hurl themselves across the screen. Its impossible to do any sort of persuasion jumping because you have to keep jostling the dpad left and right just to try and fall straight down.

Ok, so I know this sounds like the typical lazy side scroller, but trust me it is far worse.

Remember how the early 90's was obsessed with teaching kids to be environmentally conscious? Well Ferngully isn't half as self righteous as this piece of shit. From the beginning of the game to its end you are nailed upside the head with every pandering environmentalist message possible. Fuck being subtle about it, the creators of Awesome Possum must have figured that the best way to make small kids environmentally conscious was to just hit them upside of the head with it at every possible second.

Speaking of every second THE MAIN CHARACTER NEVER FUCKING SHUTS UP! Every time you get hurt, kill an enemy, get an item or even sit still for too long the main character always has something to say, and it is never anyone with half a functioning brain cell would ever say. The main character is the most cocky, smug shit stain I have ever come across in a video game. "IM AWESOME" "IM SO COOL" still rings through my head in that squeaky high pitch voice whenever i hear the name of this game. They even have him go "NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH! as if he were some cocky 7 year old.

Imagine if the South Park Al Gore was a fury and someone told him to make a video game. This is what he would make.
>>
Awesome Possum
Doctor Machino

Sometimes I dont really miss the 90s at all
>>
>>2861937

Chill out homie.
>>
>>2861893
I feel like /pol/ could have a lot of fun with this cover art.
>>
>>2861937
>hold it down complexity
>persuasion jumping

I felt compelled to point out these mistakes because they are interesting to me
>>
>>2861976
How are they interesting?
>>
>>2861893
Mediocre at best. The only redeeming qualities it had was the mute character setting and the comic in the manual.

Otherwise it was pretty poorly designed any way you look at it. The screen's too zoomed in, the enemies are too large (though you could just avoid them, but that's no fun), you pick up momentum way too quickly, the bosses are complete pushovers once you know their pattern, and the quizzes are shoehorned in for the sake of being called edutainment. They actually expect you to get a high score picking up trash (that's right, trash is the collectable item in this game).

Very "blah".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.