[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This shit How do you remove this stuff with as little damage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-12-18 01.44.02.jpg (211 KB, 702x1159) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-18 01.44.02.jpg
211 KB, 702x1159
This shit

How do you remove this stuff with as little damage as possible
>>
That shit probably makes it more valuable brodog.

You never know.

Don't do it buddy

seriously dude
>>
>>2861649
Heating it up with a blow dryer and every slowly peeling it off.
>>
>>2861652
It's just a product tag from a shop in Akihabara, how could it make the game more valuable.
>>
The tags from Trader usually peel off just fine, they don't even leave any glue behind.
>>
invest in some Goo-Gone
>>
>>2861757
That is a cardboard box

As for OP, throw it in the freezer. Hopefully it'll freeze the glue and should come off with no ripping. Still, be careful.
>>
>>2861660
This. You have to exercise extreme caution when removing stickers from cardboard.
>>
Ronsonol lighter fluid
>>
>>2861697
If it's recent it'll peel right off. If it's old enough the glue has hardened it adds to the vintage appeal.
>>
>>2862774
I second this. Even though it's cardboard, the Rosonol will evaporate almost immediately. Put a bit of fluid on a piece of paper towel and moisten the label.

You will assume, at first, that the cardboard is ruined. Do not freak out no matter how it looks. The alcohol has not stained the glossy surface of the box or whatever. It will return to normal.

Do not attempt to peel the label.

Wait it out. Wait until it dries and reapply. Very carefully using a fingernail or whatever you trust, peel the sticker gently off the surface. If there is resistance, repeat the above process.

If there is a gooey gluey residue, don't panic. Rub a bit of lighter fluid on your finger and gently make a circle motion to remove the residue. Be patient.

I've saved a dozen boxes using this method, including a beautiful Ogre Battle SNES box.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.