[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll make this quick, my 8 year old son is a genius at math,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 508da389e6355.jpg (121 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
508da389e6355.jpg
121 KB, 1024x768
I'll make this quick, my 8 year old son is a genius at math, He's at an 11th grade level, so I took him out of his school and i'm now homeschooling him, Since He knows math, We now do Video Game class and thats pretty much it, He has to research an old game then beat it..

This months game is Donkey Kong Country, He has to research the whole story, all the characters, all the names of everything, then he has to beat the game..

Got an emulator going now and hes loving it..

What should next months game be? It has to be from 1990-1997 and on the NES/SNES

I was thinking Mortal Kombat, any ideas?
>>
>>2861225
Demon souls
>>
Wolfenstein?
>>
Mortal Kombat is a little much for an 8 year old OP
>>
>since he knows math

How about all those other subjects?

Also nice job isolating your kid and making sure he will never have friends
>>
>>2861458
He's obviously joking.
>>
>>2861225
I don't get it. Was this suppose to be funny?
>>
>>2861225
A link to the past
>>
>>2861458
I'll take the bait.

Homeschooling kids tend to excel in college, beating their peers at a much higher rate academically.

However it's on the parents to take them to courses and events and sports situations to keep them from being isolated.

And since common core is growing more prominent and is dragging public education down further into the shutter I can't blame OP, even if he's full of shit.
>>
>>2861225
>on the NES/SNES
>no sega
kys sega does what nintendon't
>>
Not rly related but your kid might like programming/game dev.

Scratch from MIT is a good first programming thing for kids. He could probably get some cool shit going in Construct 2.
>>
chrono trigger or super metroid. Good for the sci fi aspect, good challenges and great storylines. These are SNES games from 1994
>>
>>2861463
If a father can force his son to become fluent in Klingon, a fake language spoken by a few dozen people, anything is possible
>>
File: bait.jpg (12 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
12 KB, 255x255
>>2861256
>>2861262
>>2861272
>>2861458
>>2861487
>>2861619
>>2861806
>>2861825
>>
>>2861827
except that guy was a linguist doing a case study on a legit hypothesis. OP is just an idiot damaging his child's social and academic growth.
>>
have your genius kid make us a new SNES game to play instead.
>>
>>2863126
Both are idiots
>>
>>2861924
It's called a joke, fucking cocksucker.
>>
>>2863126
That Klingon guy still possibly wrecked a child's future. Those ends (a case study? Who fucking cares?) do not justify those means.
>>
>>2861225
i hope you're just joking
>>
>>2861225

assuming for fun that it's not a joke:

simulations, war games, and puzzle games are the natural answer here

which on NES/SNES means SimCity, Tetris, those Koei things, and so on

a kid can actually learn a significant amount of real history (mixed in with fake history, for better or for worse) from Civilization, but that's not too good on old consoles
>>
>>2865208

oh and there's Mario Is Missing, many a boy has had his childish fancy honed into the keen, penetrating wit of a man by that underrated gem
>>
>>2861458
>Also nice job isolating your kid and making sure he will never have friends

I was homeschooled and I have one friend, I would probably have more if it wasn't for the fact I am autistic which is why I was homeschooled in the first place. Its ignorant to assume that homeschoolers can't have friends but who am I kidding, your an idiot like most of everyone else on 4chan. I bet you think I am retarded or like sonic because I am autistic too.

Kill yourself,
>>
>>2865220
now now kids , homescholling is not bad at all lel.
society now days believe in false deitys and worship a painted green paper called 'money' which they invented in the first place in other words we are not so distantly primitive than 10,000 years ago when the neolithic Revolution first struck upon us homo sapiens.

to add most 'autistic' people in history if you of course do a simple review you can quite obviously see that there were alot of genius that were autistic , as einstein is a simple example considered autistic in early childhood, was he?.
it all goes down to our 'perspective' , most likely your child can develop asperger which is not so great , but not so bad either as i said society right now is ironically autistic themselves without realizing it..

the ideal teaching method for a child the ultimate way you should teach is.. are you ready?
most likely nothing.
well we should teach them basics stuff like math and Literature but if we liberate our children's mind we would be amazed as how much they are naturally curious about the world, as we forgot ourselves when we were younger but the community/environment destroyed that by telling us not to ask questions about the reality we are seeing and just keep on living.
in your son case, i guess that you did not stop him from researching/curiosity at all which made him what you could a young ' genius'

i have much respect for what you're doing raising a child is not a child play.
that why we should limit our fucking over pollution problem which is not really a problem since the there is enough geographically space to house everyone in large countries like russia but.. that's another topic for another day.
^^
>>
>>2865220
I'm probably autistic (was expelled in 6th grade for a variety of behavioral things) and homeschooled through high school, and was also friendless throughout all of college (aside from a guy that molested me). But I also scored 99th percentile on the state's proficiency exams, so there's that.

Gave me a lot of free time for vidya as a kid though. Overall I'd say the experience was worth it, and with the right social activities pushed during homeschooling I think the op's child could turn out quite well. I think >>2865284 covers the positive aspects well, it allows children to think more independently and stay curious/away from the daily grind.

Op, you should have your kid move away from the SNES. Make him research Alpha Centauri, writing a paper on the various factions in the game and their relation to real historical figures and the philosophies that inspired the game. Then make him beat at least one faction on Transcendent difficulty. I have a math genius brother who could wreck shit in Alpha Centauri at age 10-11, so your child should be capable if not now then very soon. The SNES will hold him back.
>>
File: c1.jpg (51 KB, 640x641) Image search: [Google]
c1.jpg
51 KB, 640x641
>>2861225

Crash Bandicoot should be a pretty natural followup to DKC.

He could also have some fun with the story and make up his own theories if he does some research.
>>
rendering ranger r2
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.