[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Stupid shit you did as a kid Pic related. The only CIB game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: conkers1.jpg (42 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
conkers1.jpg
42 KB, 500x335
ITT: Stupid shit you did as a kid
Pic related. The only CIB game i ever got from my parents was Conker's bad fur day (they tough that the game was for kids), it was a birthday present, the first thing i did was rip the box open and i threw the fucking box and manuals to the trash can, now it just hurts, because now im the kind of guy that collects that shit.
Any stories you can share with this fellow anon ?
>>
I threw away all my boxes like 10 minutes after getting games as a kid too. But I kept the manuals at least. As I got older I started saving my GB Color and GBA boxes when i bought new games, but at some point when i had lost interest in gaming i threw the boxes away like an idiot. I also took a knife and SCRATCHED my name into almost every console and controller i had back then, and when i got mad at my NES games i would BITE the controller as hard as i could like an autistic tardbabby, so all my original controllers and systems look like they've been thru hell and back. I've took some plastic polish and removed most of the scratches and i use the bitten up controllers for parts but it does make me shake my head at how stupid i was as a kid.
>>
Even though I kept the jewel cases for my PS1 games, I still just stacked the discs in piles when not using them. Scratches galore

I also scratched some of my favorite PS1 games recently by playing them in a shitty PS2 slim. Even though they still work, they now have ugly ring scratches on them.
>>
>>2861096
it's a terrible way to go through life being afraid of what you'll throw away. that's the road to hoarding.

a few years ago I just gave away my copy of conker to a coworker. you know why? because it's a shitty game. after using cheat codes to see all the levels, I never played it again because it was unplayably difficult.

if I still had it, I'd absolutely sell it. it's worthless to me as a game.
>>
>>2861535
Where'd you get stuck dog..lol
>>
>>2861096
CIB game?
>>
>>2861765
Complete in box
>>
When I was 7 or 8 I traded my copy of turtles tournament fighters on NES to a friend for another NES game....that game was fucking lode runner.

I still have that lode runner cart.
>>
>>2861096

I'm actually quite glad to hear that you were a normal child and not some OCD autist like most lurkers here. You should be proud.
>>
File: 1440708212461.gif (835 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1440708212461.gif
835 KB, 499x281
When I was 12 I traded in my entire PS1 collection, which included boxed copies of shit like Megaman Legends 1 + 2 and the first 3 Digimon world games in exchange for a PS2. I probably gave them at least 600 dollars worth of games.
>>
>>2861535
>it's a terrible way to go through life being afraid of what you'll throw away. that's the road to hoarding

This. Don't beat yourself up about it. In the end, a huge video game collection with boxes isn't useful at all. Unless you win the lottery, you should probably stick to only buying games you really like. You can always save up a shitload of money over time and buy an expensive CIB copy. Such a purchase will be a lot easier if you didn't blow all your money on a thousand irrelevant games already.
>>
>>2862787

agreed. life is about collecting experiences and special moments... not shit in boxes. a happy friday to you all.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.