[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a comfy controller for emulation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14
File: DualShock_4.jpg (2 MB, 3120x2760) Image search: [Google]
DualShock_4.jpg
2 MB, 3120x2760
Is this a comfy controller for emulation?
>>
It's got a fantastic D-pad and the analogs are very suitable for PSX games especially.
Not a fan of the shoulder buttons though but all in all it's a solid controller for emulation.

imo
>>
Been pretty happy.

Sound/headsets doesnt work on pc and probably never will.

Touchpad works if you get inputmapper.

You need a Broadcom or intel Bluetooth card for shit to work...

Two controllers have reasonable input lag. Like 4-8ms

Adding a single a2dp headset bumps it up by 5ms.

Having several seoarste keyboards mice have been fine.
>>
I hear the f510 is pretty good.
>>
Yes

You should also look into the Hori Fighting Commander 4 which is basically a saturn pad with some actual weight and size to it
>>
my dpad is gone all mushy, and I only got it in august.
I play a shitload of super turbo though.
>>
Yeah, I don't have a PS4 and prolly never will but I got one of the anniversary controllers and I'm pretty happy with it.

The only thing is I absolutely hate the location of the start/select buttons and how it feels to press them. Mapping the left/right sides of the touchpad to be start/select makes that not a big deal, though.
>>
File: 2015-12-17 09.50.50.png (127 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-17 09.50.50.png
127 KB, 690x388
>>2860131
How does it compare to the DS3? Is it worth $50?

Also, I heard the Xbone controller is better, but I prefer the PS layout, especially for retro games that use a d-pad, because I like having the d-pad and face buttons on the same plane (see pic).
>>
>>2860405
>because I like having the d-pad and face buttons on the same plane
Mah nigga.
>>
File: controller list.jpg (2 MB, 1200x3774) Image search: [Google]
controller list.jpg
2 MB, 1200x3774
>>
>>2860131
Its pretty great yeah. Id say x bone controller is better though, ds4 in number 2. 360 controller would be the greatest ever by far is its d pad wasnt vomit
>>
>>2860487
Everytime I see that shitty Wii-U pro controller in god tier and the DS4 in good tier I want to murder whoever made that image.
>>
>>2860487
Biased as fuck list reflecting v's modern anti Sony meme. 360s d pad is utterly terrible and to say its the best for recent games is utterly retarded. Ds4 should be in good tier with 360 in good tier. And hell for retro dpad games 360 shouldn't even be in good tier.
>>
>>2860551
*ds4 in God tier
Fucking phone
>>
>>2860405
I like the PS's design too but I chose the Bone for PC use because it was built for PC compatibility in mind. Games recognize it no problem, whereas with PS4's controller you have to use some fan software to make it mimic a 360 controller. I had enough hassles with that in the past where I couldn't get the sticks to work no matter what using my PS3 controller. You can get whatever and they will be good, but honestly the Bone's is really nice, and that's coming from someone who said Xbox has been shit since its inception 15 years ago. They finally got it right this time. I got over the misalignment of the d-pad to buttons pretty quickly. I did have some bit of trouble installing the drivers, but only because I was an idiot and never did it before so I was accidentally picking the wrong one from the list. For some reason the auto install failed so you have to do it manually, but it takes 2 minutes assuming you pick the Bone's driver and not the 360's like I did (don't know why it downloaded both).
>>
>>2860487
>the 360 controller is the best of all time!
Hate this. The d-pad is non-functional. It's a piece of shit. The rest of it is pretty good but the d-pad brings the quality of the whole thing down.

I've actually resorted to using the analog stick even for 2D emulation because it's so much easier to use than the broken ass piece of shit d-pad.
>>
>>2860487
Xbox One controller problems:
-The thumb-grating grips on the analog sticks.
-Feels like it's going to fall apart any second.
-Not as ergonomic as the 360's design.
-The D-pad is just as bad, just because they made it a plus sign doesn't change that it still plays like shit.
-and the worst offender of all, the shoulder buttons, holy fuck are they terrible.

This is coming from a guy who bought an xbox one within the first month of release and went with the OG xbox and xbox 360 instead of the PS2 and PS3 respectively.
>>
>>2860131

Plug and play nothing beats the the xbone controller. And there's a wirless adapter now. Dpad is actually really nice now since they copied Nintendo and the bottom triggers are butter smooth with the design based off Saturn/DC.

360 is pretty meh.

DS4 I don't know why you'd bother. If you're going to use 3rd party drivers use a Wii U Pro controller.
>>
>>2860567
You haven't touched a XBone controller.
See
>>2860569

Unless you just hate Nintendo dpads and the SEGA controller triggers. Those two things are literal copies on the XBone controller.

I actually mentioned this in /v/ when the XBone was first released and it holds true.

I have no idea why Microsoft did the changes they did. Their main demographic of teens and tweens don’t give a fuck about and even hate it because they don’t understand.
-The dpad is a single pivot just like Nintendo with a cross just like Nintendo. They even went farther and used tactile switches with it. It’s a very nice dpad.
-The bottom triggers use magnets just like the Saturn and DC controllers did.

Microsoft is taking the best of everything and even with me not being a fan of isometric design got to admit the XBone controller is fucking nice.

That stuff is lost on underageb& like you though they think it’s just a 360 controller.
>>
>>2860574
>I disagree with him, better call him underageb& to establish my dominance!!!
>>
>>2860567
>This is coming from a guy who bought an xbox one within the first month of release and went with the OG xbox and xbox 360 instead of the PS2 and PS3 respectively.
JUST
>>
>>2860487
stop fucking posting this
you're only posting it because other idiots are posting it all the time and you're just parroting it

i bet you've used less than a third of the controllers on there

its a bad fucking list
>>
>>2860405
>I heard the Xbone controller is better

I can't agree with that at all. Xbone still has a dead zone issue, the bumpers are awkward/bad, and I find the space between the left analog and the d-pad too distant, mostly due to the fact that the d-pad is pretty high and the d-pad is grooved in making alternating between the incredibly awkward.

Just go with the DS4
>>
>>2860558
>it was built for PC compatibility in mind.
That's just MS pushing Xinput and slowly phasing out other legacy controllers for you. I've got DDR mats which are blacklisted on Windows 10 now and will likely never work again on a MS OS.
>>
>>2860659
All sticks with pots have a dead zone.

I would hope a controller thread on /vr/ would be better than /v/. Was wrong with that that. Too much underageb& here now.
>>
>>2860405

The asymmetrical sticks are only good for FPS
>>
>>2860668
Just because someone has a different opinion than you regarding a controller doesn't mean he's underage b&. Just listen to what youre getting upset about for a second here you retarded manchild.
>>
>>2860685
An opinion and technology limitation are two different things my underageb& freindo.
>>
>>2860668
>All sticks with pots have a dead zone
Oh, didn't know that, still the dead zone on the Xbone controller is noticeable and worth mentioning.
>>
>>2860697
Can you post some graphs to prove this?

XBone seems to be average from the graphs I've seen.
>>
i have had my ds3 for 9 years still works great
>>
>>2860704
He's talking about a deadzone in the dpad of all things because the SNK forum people are retarded and don't know how buttons work.

Deadzones on sticks and triggers are adjustable.

I still preferred ds4 because I hate having more than one radio dongle (Bluetooth) hanging off my computer. 360 and xbone require a dongle afaik. DS4 is just Bluetooth and doesn't even need any drivers for some games. Almost full functionality if you get one of several DS4 apps. You can even get profiles setup for specific games, like I had one for Dust Force which is supposed to be a keyboard game but I can get it on my DS4 just fine.
>>
>>2860720
>He's talking about a deadzone in the dpad of all things because the SNK forum people are retarded and don't know how buttons work.

Sounds like a special group of people.

Xbox controllers just use a wire. I prefer that but there are wireless adapters. I know the XBone is proprietary with that though. No idea on the 360.
>>
DS4 > xbone controller

Ignore the sperg.
>>
File: wii-u-pro.jpg (85 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
wii-u-pro.jpg
85 KB, 1200x877
>>2860669
I actually think a layout like pic related would be the best for FPS unless you're going to be using the face buttons a lot, although I heard the controller itself isn't that great for some reason.
>>
>>2860736
The controller is amazing for ergonomics and it's Nintendo so you get a nice button layout and the dpad.

It uses button triggers. Some people don't like that.
>>
>>2860739
Button layout looks horrendous. Call me traditional but yeah
>>
>>2860740
It's a standard SNES layout... Traditional is far from the word I use to describe your opinion.
>>
>>2860131
I use it all the time for newer games that require more buttons, but you should enjoy using it for emulation nonetheless
>>
>>2860736

It's a super awesome controller, but it lacks analog triggers. I personally don't care, but that's the main reason people don't care for it. The face buttons and D-Pad are god-tier.
>>
>>2860746
>SNES
fuck no. the only thing Snes about it is the bottom half. the rest is pretty much garbage because of the layout and shoulder buttons.
>>
>>2860746
>analogs higher than buttons
Yeah so traditional have a free fedora tip on the house
>>
>>2860405
This picture sums up why Xbone has the worst modern controller. I cringe when people swear by them, because the only other controller they've held was probably an N64 controller
>>
>>2860760
>L R
>XY AB
>dpad
>start select
It's a standard snes layout with sticks and modern z buttons.

I really don't get the criticisms for this controller.
>>
>>2860704
If you can't find one on google I can't provide one since I don't own mine anymore.

>>2860720
>He's talking about a deadzone in the dpad of all things
What no I wasn't I was talking about the analog.
>SNK forum people are retarded and don't know how buttons work.
I've never seen someone get so worked up over an opinion.
>>
>>2860765
>>2860760
>fedora tip

Ah it's /v/ who hates the controller. Will then. Explains it
>>
>>2860768
as >>2860739 said, the triggers use buttons instead of the standard axis triggers like a DS4 or earlier models. Not to mention, no controller since the gamecube (nintendo at least) has used the correct type of button switch for XAYB, which makes it feel like I'm playing on a micro-switch type pad.
CLICK CLICK CLICK instead of push push push. not to mention the action is better for pushing with the older style switches.
>>
>>2860784
I'm pretty sure everything Nintendo outside of the mobile consoles uses the standard membrane buttons.

What is wrong with button triggers?
>>
>>2860775
Must be nice to only see what your neckbeard eyes allow you to see. I've heard denial is bad for mental health though so good luck with that.

>>2860769
>I've never seen someone get so worked up over an opinion.
First week on 4chinks?
>>
File: pokken.jpg (28 KB, 580x468) Image search: [Google]
pokken.jpg
28 KB, 580x468
There is this Pokken Tournament controller for the Wii U that is going to be released in Japan, I wonder if it would work on PC.
>>
File: IMG_4349.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4349.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
From personal experience and the controllers I own:
1) Buffalo SNES Pad - This is the best controller for NES/SNES and even GB/C/A games hands down. It's easy to use software-wise, looks and feels perfect.
2) DualShock 2 - Works great for PSX emulation as well as obviously use on a PS2. Not a perfect controller (too small, dpad doesn't always feel right) but for the games it's designed for it more than does the job, especially compared to alternatives. Using a DS2 to USB adapter meant for PS3 it works perfectly on my PC.
3) Dualshock 3 / Sixaxis - I've never quite been clear on the naming for these, but I greatly prefer the DS2 due to the L2/R2 buttons being made into "triggers" on this controller which never felt nearly as smooth as the 360 ones. Sort of an unnecessary upgrade from the nice buttons on prior controllers. If you use one of these make sure you get one with vibration, as a lot of the early models don't seem to have it. Works with a MicroUSB cable for PC, Bluetooth has always been funky with them for me but others express no problems with it. I'd recommend a DS2 over this for PC use.
4) Logitech F710 - I actually prefer the dpad on this to the DualShocks, but the buttons are a bit sticky at times, the L2R2/triggers are a bit too heavy, and the analog sticks don't seem to be very accurate and quickly started to scrape uncomfortably against the edges of the plastic. However all of those are not major complaints, and for a lot of people this controller will probably do the job, especially for those who play mostly PS1 games and want a more solid dpad than the DualShocks offer.
Continuing...
>>
>>2860798
That thing looks pretty cool. I'm really hoping it's a reshelled Pro controller so the drivers are already available.
>>
>>2860793
>what is wrong with button triggers?
everything, but mainly it's preference. Have you even played with a gamecube controller? that's the best example of how shoulder buttons should be, just update them to newer and more reliable hardware with a better full depth click.
>>
File: IMG_4363.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4363.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2860802
5) Wii Classic Controller - This one I quite like. It has a great dpad, very responsive face and shoulder buttons, and the only weak part is really the L2/R2 and analog sticks, which are more or less irrelevant if you're using it for the old Nintendo games it was designed for. I only wish it worked better on PC, as the only adapters in existence don't properly recognize the analog shoulder buttons (e.g. they activate on ANY pressure rather than being fully pressed, causing lots of accidental presses) and also seemed to have a lot of ghost inputs. Highly recommended if you're using the Wii, not so much on PC.
6) Xbox 360 Controller - This is my go-to controller for any modern Steam games I play, but I don't think it's very useful for retro games. Everything about it feels and works great except for the dpad. In my experience with them, each model's dpad feels a bit different. They've ranged from mushy but perfectly accurate to borderline useless because of how often they hit diagonals unintentionally. Because of this, some may be more viable for emulation than others, but unless you're trying to emulate games with primarily analog input, I'd stay away from it.
7) Steam Controller - This one was odd. It was advertised as being able to perfectly emulate a dpad, but even using emulators through Steam and configuring the controller to work like it had a big dpad on the left touchpad, the haptics really couldn't match the feel of a real controller. Oddly I didn't even like this for modern FPSes, it made the slight input lag on my TV unbearable, whereas before with analog sticks I never even noticed it. But that aside, I really would not recommend this for emulation.
8) GameCube Controller - Great for GameCube games, that's about it. The odd button layout and tiny, useless dpad make it a poor option for emulation of any console other than the GameCube itself.
I think that's all I've used. Hope that helps.
>>
>>2860814
GC triggers aren't very good and have a deadzone like any trigger of that design.

I'll take button triggers. Nothing wrong with button triggers.
>>
>>2860567
>-Feels like it's going to fall apart any second.
compared to?
>>
File: cmRw1SB6.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
cmRw1SB6.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
>>2860551
>>2860550
>>
File: 61DrnXtLMUL._SL1000_.jpg (93 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
61DrnXtLMUL._SL1000_.jpg
93 KB, 1000x1000
>>2860798
>>2860804
Bruh
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wii-Nintendo-U-6304900/dp/B009O3WU2A/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450380292&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=wiin+u+retro+controller
>>
>>2860886
In case you are thinking of buying, That controller is the biggest piece of shit I've ever bought. Don't even bother. Was a struggle to even function on a WiiU, let alone a PC for emulation needs. Shame because I'm a sucker for SNES style controllers
>>
>>2860886
>>2860910
Yeah that one looks nice but it's really a terrible knock-off. Best to avoid it.
>>
I tried using those SCP drivers for a DS3 controller and for some reason they fuck up my entire computer to the point where I have to do a system restore. What's up with that?
>>
>>2860926
3rd party drivers and questionable websites.
>>
File: scammed again.png (110 KB, 847x431) Image search: [Google]
scammed again.png
110 KB, 847x431
>>2860926
You got scammed.
>He felt for the DS3
>>
>>2860798
Is that pad going to be USB, or will it plug into a Wii Remote?
>>
>>2860567
>This is coming from a guy who bought an xbox one within the first month of release

Okay well since last July they re-designed the controller to fix up the d-pad and shoulder buttons, so you should head over to Best Buy and try the demo model and see if you like it better now. It's pretty good.
>>
>>2860405
I like the DS4's overall feel and button layout better.

The XBoner is a pretty solid controller, but the DPad feels like it doesn't register inputs very well for some reason, I had more trouble getting the drivers working on Win 7 than the DS4's (worked out of the box on a Win 10 PC, though, so it might just be MS not supporting older OSs or something), and the bumper position is too forward for me. Like, my fingers go automatically for the triggers, not the bumpers vs. the DS4 where R1 buttons is as natural as the R2 trigger.

All this IMO, of course.

Both are pretty decent overall, but I'd still go with DS4 unless you're on Win 10 or something.
>>
>>2860802
>Dualshock 3 / Sixaxis - I've never quite been clear on the naming for these
Sixaxis is the name of the original controllers without vibration. They were made when Sony said that having motion tracking with vibration would fuck things up.

DS3 are the revisions that added vibration.
>>
>>2860802
>Buffalo controls

A thousand times this, I bought one of the super famicom ones after binge watching Arino play games, and I could not be more satisfied, good quality and I spent 20$ on it, and it still works perfectly after a year of using it.

If it ever does konk out on me, Im going to pick up another famicom, and an SNES version.
>>
>>2860740
People complain a lot of Wii U Pro controller's button layout, but the one time that I used it to play Smash and MK8 on a friend's Wii U I didn't even felt the difference from a DS3 after 10 minutes.
>>
>>2860767
>Yeah because when I play games I use a d-pad.

If you use a dualshock or an xbox controller, you're always switching from pressing buttons to sticks. so it doesn't matter if the buttons and a stick are parallel or not. you're not looking at your hands
>>
>>2860669
I disagree, FPS feels way better with symmetric sticks, both old and new ones.
>>
>>2860487
>360 Controller
>God Tier

I like the way the Xbone controller handles but the D-Pad is still too clicky

Playstation 4 controller is better than both of them desu doe
>>
>>2860886
bought it and the usb port was broken when i got it
such a piece of shit, just get a snes to usb adapter and get the originla controllres
>>
>>2860131
No, the split dpad sucks.
The only reason people praise the dualshock dpad design is because they're comparing it to the even worse xbox dpads and have no experience with any other controllers.
>>
Yes, I use it all the time.
>>
>>2860487
Awful list.
>>
>>2861612
What do you mean by split d-pad?
>>
>>2860926
You used Motionjoy, didn't you? That's chinese malware which fucks with your bluetooth drivers. Don't use it.

I use this, never had any problems: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
>>
>>2861683
As in all the buttons are separate
>>
>>2861612
There's nothing wrong with the Sony d-pad. They're on par with Nintendo and Sega d-pads.
>>
>>2861683
The touchable portion is split into four parts, with gaps between them.
>>
>>2861703
It's painful to play on. Tears up my thumb.
I guess it depends on how you move your thumb around, but a smooth connected surface like on that Hori FC3 in >>2860487 is what I like.
>>
>>2861703
Segmented dpads are okish. Much prefer Nintendo or SEGA dpads.
>>
>>2861692
He outright said he used the SCP drivers, which is what exactly you linked him to.

The question is if he used the original (the one you posted) or the continued development version from here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded

That said, either one shouldn't be causing BSOD
>>
>>2861708
I move my thumb quite a bit and I've never really had any issues with Sony's DPad's.
>>
>>2861692
I use Motioninjoy and never had a problem with spyware, but then again I got it in 2011. I heard the spyware got added in later. It's still not a great program though since it doesn't always work.
>>
>>2861729
I used the version linked on the emugen wiki. It's been a while since I've tried installing it, but It doesn't BSOD, the installer just runs forever (upwards of 40 minutes or so whereas youtube tutorials take seconds) and seems to be failing some part of the install over and over again and just keeps going until it either gives up or it says it installed correctly (this is with the PS3 controller both plugged in and not plugged in, with bluetooth drivers and without so all variables in the install options) then when I reset the boot into windows just doesn't work and it takes me to system restore.
>>
>>2861612
The DS Dpad is fine. Not the best or anything, but hardly bad.

>>2861708
I had that problem playing Twisted Metal Black on the PS2, but somehow the DS3 controller doesn't rape my thumb.
>>
>>2861493

It doesn't matter if you agree or not, that's what they're designed for.
>>
>>2861702
But they aren't, it's all one piece.
>>
>>2861819
Both are linked the in the wiki now, but yeah, it might be worth trying the newer version and seeing if that helps.

Alternatively, it might be something else wrong, too. Running windows repair or something might help.

If I were you, I'd make a new system restore before installing given the troubles you've had in the past, though.
>>
>>2861954
The port for the cord on top my DS3 is damaged and it will pop out really easily, so maybe it's some kind of connection problem but it doesn't seem like that would cause my computer to not start up.
>>
>>2860798

I want this thing
>>
>>2860131
I like it more than the PS3 controller, D pad works pretty great for me even playing shit like guilty gear xrd on steam with it
>>
>>2860131
Owner of 4 Logitech F310 controllers. Would have been the perfect controllers if not for the D-Pad and with triggers as stiff as a corpse post-rigor mortis.
>>
Need a bluetooth adapter for my PC, suggestions? Are the cheapo ones gonna cause higher latency?

Plan on using a PS3 controller, might get a PS4 one down the road.

http://www.amazon.com/Komingo-Bluetooth-Wireless-Adapter-Support/dp/B00GL00VY8/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1450427523&sr=1-2&keywords=bluetooth+usb
>>
>>2862226
A lot of the Amazon reviews said the sticks had dead zones. C/D?
>>
>>2862268
Intel 7260 because it has a real antenna instead of a smd component that is like 15 mm long.
>>
>>2862387
But as was stated earlier that seems to top out at two wireless players. Besides that the inputnadder guy says Broadcom chipsets but I have no idea how to find those reliably. The quality always seems like shit
>>
>>2860131
Doesn't this controller not have the pressure sensitivity that the PS2 controllers did?
>>
>>2862408
No, it doesn't. They took it out of the DS4 because only like three games actually used it on the PS3 that weren't ports from an older system and there weren't that many games on the PS2 that used it either.
>>
What is the best PC compatible controller for platformers?
>>
>>2862408
>>2862424
There were loads of games that used that feature. It's either tutorials that never told you or people never looked at the back of the box.
>>
>>2862280
All four of my controllers accelerate properly when moving and looking in games like Gunscape, Borderlands or Unreal Tournament III. The most probable reason for the deadzone they are experiencing is that the game's movement input is digital, they mapped the analog to what is normally for d-pad on an emulator or they mapped the analog to the keyboard keys.
>>
>>2862790
>>2862226

So would an f510 (the wired rumble-capable version of you guys' controllers) be a good choice?
>>
File: PS1-Controller.jpg (41 KB, 600x507) Image search: [Google]
PS1-Controller.jpg
41 KB, 600x507
>>2862703
Anything with decent D-Pad should work well in platformers. I personally like the classic PSX controller or 3rd party clones of it
>>
>>2860487
Why JP saturn and not the other ones?
>>
File: DualAnalog3PackProduct800x600.png (208 KB, 513x378) Image search: [Google]
DualAnalog3PackProduct800x600.png
208 KB, 513x378
>>2861612
I always thought this was the best about Playstation controllers in general
>>2860802
DS2 used to be the perfect shape for my little hands as a kid but it feels so tiny in adult hands. I'd like to get some 3rd Party DS-style gamepad if possible or pic related

Pic is the best 3rd party controller I've had the pleasure of trying. It fits perfectly in adult hands and the build and responsiveness quality is great, specially compared to the cheapest equivalent in the thrustmaster line of products wich has the worst D-PAD I've ever used and very cheap-feeling shoulder buttons
>>
>>2862821
F510 is the best version of this series.
>>
>>2862876
The euro one have a weird design and dpad.
>>
>>2862940

Oh thank god. So I don't need to purchase this as a backup?

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-EX-Controller-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B003VWXV50
>>
>>2862972
to top it off, you can use the F3/5/710 controllers on a PS3 in DirectInput mode.
>>
>>2862771
Outside of Evergrace, the MGS games, and Grand Turismo, I can't really think of any games where having pressure sensitive buttons really mattered outside of it being a neat gimmick. Even in the above mentioned ones, it really didn't matter in the long run (aside from Evergrace because the whole combat is designed around how hard you jam your finger on the square button).
>>
>>2860487
Cannot believe people are still posting this unironic bias image macro.
>>
>>2860137
I actually really like the shoulder buttons on the DS4.
>>
WIP doc I am writing about controllers.

http://1drv.ms/1ULia3K
>>
>>2860487
What makes the DS3 merely "OK" compared to the DS4's "Good"?

SCP? Its installation takes less than a minute.
>>
>>2865407
>SCP? Its installation takes less than a minute.
good goy
>>
>>2863360
great argument.
>>
What drivers should I install to get the best expirence for the ds4?
>>
>>2866042
you must a noob with computers
install gentoo
>>
>>2866198
Install Safari.
>>
>>2866198
>learn to google
Go away faggot.
>>
File: MadCatz SF IV Fightpad PS3+360.jpg (169 KB, 756x800) Image search: [Google]
MadCatz SF IV Fightpad PS3+360.jpg
169 KB, 756x800
Great build quality and handling, precise and comfy D-pad, buttons feel nice, good weight and size, wireless variants, multiple different paintjobs, feels really good overall and it's 20-30 bucks on eBay.

I really can't recommend these highly enough. It's like a mega-evolved Saturn controller.
>>
>>2865407
Aside from that whole list being bullshit, I'd say the DS4 is better than DS3. It's bigger which is a good thing because the DS3 is rather small (I have tiny baby hands and even I think it's small), the D-pad is slightly bigger and feels better, the sticks are better because your fingers don't "slip off" as much, the triggers are a huge improvement over the DS3's triggers and you get a touch pad (which you probably won't use but it's nice anyway and you can use it as a button). You don't need to install anything to get it to work unlike the DS3, although DS4Windows lets you do some cool stuff.
The only real complaint I have about the DS4 is the battery life. It's crap, so get used to having it wired all the time or recharging it every few hours.
>>
>>2862878
I have this controller. It was cheap but I never had any issues with it. Last time I used it was years ago (I now use Playstation controllers) but I remember it being nice.
>>
>>2866198
ds4windows
>>
>>2867074
D-Pad dies after a month though. Fightpad SD model suffers the same. You can tell if your D-Pad feels a little loose.
>>
File: 61qItTcisGL._SX425_.jpg (20 KB, 425x319) Image search: [Google]
61qItTcisGL._SX425_.jpg
20 KB, 425x319
Has anybody tried these Zhidong controllers? They started popping up on my Amazon searches recently and got me interested. I already own a quad set of Logitech F310 controllers but my curiosity has been piqued since they also have both directinput and xinput.
>>
>>2860405
The Xbone controller is realistically what the shape the SNES controller should have been.
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.