[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games to play with your girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: Bomberman_and_Pommy.png (207 KB, 452x378) Image search: [Google]
Bomberman_and_Pommy.png
207 KB, 452x378
Hey guys, im looking for something fun to play with my not-really-a-gamer girlfriend.

Any ideas as to any retro games you think we may be able to enjoy together? All i really have in mind right now is Bomberman and Hello Kitty World (she's a pretty big fan of hello kitty and cats in general)
>>
Splatterhouse.

On a Retron5.
>>
wild guns
sunset riders
pretty much any capcom beat 'em up
>>
donkey kong country 1 & 2
turtles in time
>>
Tetris attack, on snes. That one with the Yoshis.
>>
>>2859795
>something fun to play with a girl
My girl literally plays anything, and usually enjoys it. Last game she played and loved was Contra Hard Corps
>>
File: Sonic3_003.gif (10 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3_003.gif
10 KB, 320x224
>>2859795
Play Sonic 3 & Knuckles with her.
Let her play as Sonic and you play as Tails. If she finds a hard obstacle, take her in a flight, or take her to secret places. Help her with the bosses. Teach her tricks.
This game can be very fun with Sonic + Tails.
>>
File: TwinkleStarSprites_frontcover.png (230 KB, 232x348) Image search: [Google]
TwinkleStarSprites_frontcover.png
230 KB, 232x348
>>2859795
Twinkle Star Sprites

It's so girly looking that she won't even notice it's a hardcore competitive game. My ex-g/f used to like playing this even though she'd always lose.
>>
>>2860207
could get awkward when the swimsuit cutscene comes up
>>
>>2860209
It's obviously only worth playing in multiplayer, and I don't remember any cutscenes in multiplayer. And I don't remember a swimsuit cutscene in single player either.
>>
File: world-of-illusion_0.png (101 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
world-of-illusion_0.png
101 KB, 640x448
World of Illusion
fun and quite easy even for beginners. also christmas level.
>>
>>2859795
sex
>>
>>2859795
You could just let her play missile command while you finger blast her violently.
>>
>>2859795
Me and my girl usually play Columns or Ms. Pacman on Mega Drive. We've played Streets of Rage a couple times too.

I've got her to try a few single player games as well, namely Mickey Mania, Sonic 1 and Mega Bomberman. Surprisingly enough she was the best at Streets of Rage (which isn't saying much) and did the worst in Sonic and Mickey Mania. I guess I'll let her stay away from platformers.
>>
>>2859795
Killer Instinct
>>
>>2860214
Wait what? I don't remember a Christmas level.

Turns out that it's two-player only. Explains a lot.
>>
File: 250px-Space_Channel_5.png (148 KB, 250x262) Image search: [Google]
250px-Space_Channel_5.png
148 KB, 250x262
>>2859795
grill here. Been playing shit since I was five. I'm that piece of shit that keeps talking about Cyber Sled and Mansion of Hidden Souls.

Answer is more just find games that are more accessible for somebody since were who hasn't really been into games all their life and such. Simple controls and preferably lower difficulty are important. But simple controls are more important because once somebody GETS it and gets into it, difficulty can be a non-issue.

If this is a thing you're doing together, then definitely skew towards multiplayer games. Go for co-op if you can! Skill difference won't matter as much and you can guide her through stuff. Pull out those beam 'em ups and Legend of Mana and such.

Puyo Puyo is probably a good choice. You can play it together and everyone can general get enjoy match puzzles games like that. And Puyo Puyo is the fucking best anyway!

Fighting games aren't too daunting for CASUAL play. Hit button, punch/kick happens, even if there's probably way too many buttons.

Racing games can be pretty easy to get into because it' a concept people already KNOW.

A lot of people who generally aren't into games that I know are really into to get into games via rythem games.They're exciting, often challenging, but also intuitive. So if you think she'd be down, get out Parappa, some DDR, or Space Channel 5.

When I was just getting into games, point and click adventure games, JRPGs, and some turn based strategy stuff (because I already knew board games) were all pretty straight forward for me and thus stuff I was really into when I was younger. But obviously this is gonna vary per person.

Otherwise, ask her what's she's interested in terms of genres, themes, etc. Or just think about what she's got an interest in outside of games.Maybe show her Clock Tower if she likes horror movies, for example. Obviously, it's super important to ask for her input. You don't want to push people into playing shit they don't want to play.
>>
R E T R O N 5
E
T
R
O
N
>>
>>2860349

underrated post
>>
>2011+4
>having a gf
>>
>>2860520
>it's only bad when John Oliver does it

I still don't get this.
>>
OP here, thanks for the suggestions. We spent most of the the night playing pop'n twinbee, probably look into a lot of these in the near future
>>
>no one suggested Super Mario Kart

Battle Mode alone makes it worth it.
>>
Kirby Super Star

I honestly have no idea why it hadn't been mentioned until now.
>Easy
>Co-op
>Player 2 has infinite lives
>Cute graphics
It's kinda like playing retro Lego Star Wars (in that it's an easy, lighthearted co-op game)
>>
>>2859803
The record for Splatterhouse is held by a girl btw.
>>
>>2860618
>no one suggested Super Mario Kart

That's because it goes into the "Do not play unless you want to get into a fight IRL" pile along with Mario Party and Monopoly.
>>
File: RetroArch-0822-005041.png (21 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0822-005041.png
21 KB, 320x224
>>2860209
>>2860212
It shouldn't be that awkward if your gf likes lolis.
>>
>>2861169
I love Pedocat.
>>
Yoshi's story
>>
>>2860078
Lucky man. See what she thinks of Alien Soldier.
>>
>>2861023
This.

Kirby Superstar is God-tier casual co-op. Dreamland 3 is pretty good too, but player / can actually die so it's a bit harder.
>>
>>2861147
But that's half the fun.
>>
>>2859795
NiGHTS Into Dreams
It was marketed towards girls in Japan.
Colorful as fuck, cutesy and good music.
Aimed at girls but definitely accessible to men.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.