[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ff 7 battle system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 120x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 120x144
Talk about how the battle system might work, what do you guys think about it?
>>
>>2859520
Materia System a shit.
ATB a great.
>>
What do you mean "might"?
>>
As if the mechanics of the battle system
>>
mash x to win, it's fun if you're twelve
>>
In*
>>
Probably auto attack while choosing type of attack
>>
>>2859529
heal if necessary, keep your armor up to date
>>
So I learned from watching a speedrun that leaving the limit bar full lets you cut down on cast time when using spells. You can use a deathblow materia or something similar to attack freely I guess.
>>
It'll be like 13 or 12
>>
Ditch the Materia and give every team member a spellset based on a role.

Seriously, I didn't know who to make a healer a who to make a mage or support.
>>
its ok

grandias is my favorite
>>
>people shitting on Materia

Certainly beats fucking drawing and junctioning, and certainly beats grinding for ability points, not to mention having stats that actually increase BEFORE you find magicite.

Materia is a great system. Once you find Sephiroth in the shinra basement you can basically have auto-attacks dealing the death status for no MP. It even works when the attacker is Mini'd. The materia combos are a great way to customize combat.
>>
>>2859624
>this shit system is ok because this other shit system is more shit than it
>>
>>2859624
The only real complaint that's valid against materia is that nothing truly differentiates the characters gameplay-wise besides limit breaks. I didn't mind it much personally, but perhaps they could have guided characters more with stat growth or some type of other restriction to make the characters more unique.
>>
>>2859624
you still have to grind for ability points
>>
>>2859587
Yea that's cool until your healer fucking dies.
Not gonna bother using spoiler tags, if you don't know that plot point not my fault.
>>
>>2859520

I really enjoy it. It's so fluid to me, even when compared to other FF games. The battles are all on the easy side, but it's still a lot of fun playing around with material combinations.
>>
>>2859856

This is where a role playing aspect comes in, though. You can make the characters whatever you want.

When I was younger, I generally gave every character a different type of magic. Barret always got earth and enemy skill (because he's brown), cloud always got bolt (because of his yellow spiky hair) Tifa always got ice and cure etc
>>
>>2859520
If the remake is actiony they better inclde gambits for my allies
I like to have control over everyone, so turn based combat is my favourite, but gambits are a nice compromise
the worst thing they could do is make it like xenoblade IMO

Oh, and they better not dumb down the materia system
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.