[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy Remnants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 1403492033948.png (11 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
1403492033948.png
11 KB, 544x544
Anyone remember playing this BYOND fangame of Final Fantasy 4/2 as a multiplayer rpg on here?

byond://remnants.redirectme.net:777

It's back.

https://warosu.org/vr/thread/1706789 An old thread for a refresher and a screenshot as a reminder.

It got taken down last time for copyright claims by square enix, despite it not being hosted officially, try to do the host a favor and not spill spaghetti everywhere.
>>
File: triggering-intensifies-6a1c8b.jpg (55 KB, 300x302) Image search: [Google]
triggering-intensifies-6a1c8b.jpg
55 KB, 300x302
>>2859314
>redirectme.net
LOOOOOL nice try
>>
File: 1251935460115.png (14 KB, 546x566) Image search: [Google]
1251935460115.png
14 KB, 546x566
>>2859318
That's the address you put in the BYOND client.

Are you retarded.
>>
>>2859324
Cute. I'm still not downloading that fucking virus
>>
>>2859326
Delete win32 while you're at it.
>>
File: vmasterrace.png (24 KB, 853x314) Image search: [Google]
vmasterrace.png
24 KB, 853x314
I said it before, I'll say it again. Are there more than 10 people playing this or not? I've played every previous iteration of this game on and off for some time and it really doesn't work without a decent population, so you can always get a party together.
>>
>>2859516
Part of my point of this thread was seeing if enough people remembered to wanna play again.

But we have retards like >>2859318 who are computer illiterate today.
>>
File: scrnshot135.png (9 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot135.png
9 KB, 544x544
>>2859913
Well back when I first started playing with 4chan we essentially made up 60% of the server, but that was with /v/ like 6 years ago, I'm not sure we even have that kind of viewership on /vr/ to be frank.

Should the playerbase maintain a peak of around 40-50 I'd join, and probably make daily threads like I used to. Until then, goodluck. I hope it pans out.

Have some sexy leg for the effort.
>>
>>2859314
Too late for me tonight. I have work tomorrow.

God, I miss being a NEET.
>>
>>2859927
It's not as gratuitous as it used to be. There's lot of new classes and whatnot though.

I was leveling a samurai with some people just now, and there's some post-content once you do the main game's dungeons.

I can't promise the glory days though, BYOND lost the majority of the JRPG fangame community when Squeenix hammered down.
>>
I actually made a thread about this game like a month and a half back. I might try to play during Christmas break from uni. Glad you reminded me of this game, OP. I hope more people show up.
>>
I would get into this, but what promise do we have that Squeenix won't shut it down yet again?
>>
Im interested at least, but Im mainly wondering about >>2861068
>>
>>2859314
I played it and loved it. /vr/ had its own chat that made forming parties easy. I've been trying it ever now and then and it just wouldn't work. It's worked a couple times, but nobody else was there so there wasn't really a point.

If we can rebuild a community here again, that'd be wonderful!
>>
>>2861068
>>2861087
None, unfortunately.

To be honest their means of shutting it down are lackluster as I don't think BYOND can shutdown private games from being hosted.
>>
Good times. Teaming up against Gilgamesh for custom sprites and finding what moves won't make him wipe the party, grinding cactuars (and that one lucky guy that got the cactus jack drop), and all around easygoing rpg action.

I don't remember names of who I played with, but we had a 2hu bucket loli, Waluigi, and pic related.
>>
>>2861326
Also to clarify. I don't think it was Squeenix that shut them down, it was an internal issue and some drama that caused the shutdown. This is the exact same server from a year ago so if you unlocked stuff from then, you should have it now.
>>
>>2862086
fun meta until tail grinding. lame
>>
>>2861326
>>2862168
Let's see if I can remember this correctly.

Originally the game was called Final Fantasy Legacy and that game was sent a C&D from Squeenix, forcing it to shut down sometime in... 2009 or 2010. Somewhere around there.

Final Fantasy Remnants arrived somewhere around 2014 and was very popular with /vr/. I would say better than half of the playerbase had some ties to /vr/ and for better or worse introduced some of the other playerbase to /vr/. While the majority of the gameworld was relatively peaceful, there was some drama that occurred, as is bound to happen in any community-based game such as this.

Long story short, a certain player was being kind of a douche, got butthurt when people retaliated against him, and decided to threaten the game owner with bringing the game to the attention of Squeenix. Having already faced one C&D, the owner was reasonably afraid of the threat and sent the game underground, killing off a vast majority of the playerbase.

Now the game has returned, so the likely assumption is that a certain troublesome player has moved on and that the game is safe from the litigious grasp of Square Enix.
>>
>>2862210
It could use that boost of players.

This is a fun game to ditz around on.

My main character is Avis. He's a 99 Paladin with a custom sprite meant to look like the Warrior of Light. I'm trying to eventually get him into a shrine party to hunt down some gear upgrades.
>>
File: dolph.png (104 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dolph.png
104 KB, 1024x768
>>2862210
Slight correction, the player that was kicking up a fuss was a "dev" for lack of a better word, he wanted to take al the game assets and make his own fork so-to-speak and the then owner Andrew wasn't having it and told the community.

Community then ripped the piss out of that guys trailer and called him a loser, etc and he went nuclear and actually reported FFL. As far as I'm aware they never received a C&D formally but they made it private when ownership changed hands just to be safe.
>>
>login to the game
>nobody around
>uninstall byond

Seems laggy as fuck for some reason to.
Well it was worth a try anyways.
>>
>>2862332
Well it's kinda fuck o' clock and the game's more active in the afternoon and evening.
>>
I'd be down for a party if anyone was around.
>>
File: PIERCE THROUGH THE TITANS.png (326 KB, 533x461) Image search: [Google]
PIERCE THROUGH THE TITANS.png
326 KB, 533x461
I gave this a couple hours of play and i have to say its pretty interesting. Very fun to do while playing something else on emulator. First you have to wait for someone to log in at your level then just walk up to them and hit the talk button while facing them. This will ask them to invite you.

Whoever is party leader gets to move the party in a line while progressing to the next boss. They made the game linear but the leveling, getting new skills and equipment to make the turn based combat better is enjoyable.
>>
File: swtgwwe.png (12 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
swtgwwe.png
12 KB, 544x544
>>2865984
A few additional notes from a long time player. You can influence your stat growth by equipping certain accessories while levelling and they work like EV's in Pokemon. You can force yourself to get +however much strength at max level which is quite cool.

Furthermore there are side bosses scattered throughout the game, one of which allows you to unlock a new job (for new game+), another one lets you change your sprite entirely and upload a custom one.

There are other hidden things, jus for fun that have nothing to do with 4 but it was very fun unravelling all of them with friends.
>>
>>2866107
>You can influence your stat growth by equipping certain accessories
See, now last time I played it was changed to a Byond menu option to select your boosted stat growth instead of the items. Was that reverted back?
>>
>>2866123
Oh no, very likely my info is just outdated. I only briefly played the last incarnation due to lack of players.

I remember you buying the accessories from Fabul castle and you being able to check your stat growth by talking to the old man in a cave to the north. He would also tell you how many battles you've run from and pinktails you've found.

To be frank if they made it into its own menu that'd be cooler, so long as they don't scrap the system.
>>
The last time the game went down was because of some manlet dipshit cosplaying Sabin. The game got a C&D from Square and had to move locations. Here's a question - is there even an active staff or development team there? When I played there were usually staff members that could answer questions
>>
>>2862210
>>2862293
These are separate instances completely. This game has an issue with inviting entitled buttblasted babies, for some reason. If it's not one person bitching because they didn't get their way, it's another. The sperglord from last time was actively posting threads on /vr/ about his victory in taking down the game. He used a Yoshi sprite haha and a Sabin sprite and was a massively irritating douche.
>>
File: Gobot2.png (10 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
Gobot2.png
10 KB, 544x544
>>2866268
The only post I've genuinely considered reporting in this thread is yours. Everyone else has been rather polite and on-topic.

Relax and have a robot.
>>
Huh, this seems pretty neat, actually. I'll just it out.
>>
File: ahaha.jpg (23 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
ahaha.jpg
23 KB, 480x472
>>2859326
>>2859318
>>
>that Mega Man themed party
>>
>>2866268
This thread very much is viral by the creator of the game but i gave it a try and i would love if a handful of people started from scratch like me. Then we can have some parties progressing through the game.
>>
>>2866863
I want to play it but since it's privately listed there are barely going to be any new players, that means even if 5 of us decide to start right now eventually somebody is going to play when others are offline and then the rest play catch-up.

It needs to be publicly listed to even hope to stand a chance, or have the link passed round a hell of a lot more.
>>
>>2866314
This anon.

Fuck it, downloading now. What's the protocol here?
>>
>>2866948
>https://warosu.org/vr/thread/1706789
Aaaaand the stupid site won't send me the email. Waste of time apparently.
>>
>>2867103
What do you need sent to you via e-mail? Just download BYOND and access the server.
>>
>>2867154
You need a BYOND account.......
>>
File: tumblr_m2mrh2IVFD1qas1mto2_1280.jpg (385 KB, 863x1200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2mrh2IVFD1qas1mto2_1280.jpg
385 KB, 863x1200
>>2859314
I miss playing this with you guys like mad in 2014
>>
What is everyone's favorite class? I like Red Mage quite a bit.
>>
>>2868191
Young Caller is by far the best, it was a little sad unlocking the other classes because they were all worse.

You have high MP, access to decent white magic, including teleport, you get the summon Sylph which not only does AoE damage but drains and heals your entire party, usually with amazing efficiency. You get black magic up to an ok point, the best combo being Stop+twister which is great for clearing out dragons.

In essence you're the best healer, who can also kill things in 1 or 2 hits in a crunch. A few fun alternate classes to play:

Dragoon - We made an all dragoon party years ago and by co-ordinating our jumps and item usage we beat every boss and extra boss.

Mechanic - At pretty much every stage in the game your bombs are stronger than equivalent black magic and cost no MP.

Blue mage - Healing the parties MP is really the best part of this job, but you also have a great stat spread which was nice for PvP for those who cared.

I think I finished Archi with every job, back when we played. I'm not certain if they've made new classes by now though. The most fun was when we did single job challenges though, all Bard was hilarious.
>>
>>2868214
so it's already a minmaxing overplayed to death shitfest? stopping my download right now
>>
I may just be dumb but I'm having trouble finding the spot to download this. Do I have to download/install a client then look for it or can I find it through the byond website?
>>
>>2868232
You download the Byond client from their website, and then once you launch it there should be a place under the games tab where you can type in: byond://remnants.redirectme.net:777

The game isn't publicly listed, so you just have to add in that link, only once though, once it's in there it gets added to a list.
>>
Well got it installed and played a bit. 7-8 other people were on, one was lvl 94 and the rest were lvl 99. If any more newish people start playing or if anyone starts new chars I'd be down to give this a shot.
>>
>>2868225
Usually staff members were willing to divulge information on good stat-building based on how they had developed the classes... So, yeah. There was one staff dude that would randomly get bored and join parties and just wreck everything but I don't remember who it was, he was usually the one giving that information out.
>>
How much of this can be solo'd / when do you really start needing a party?
>>
>>2868487
You can solo the whole game based on your class, youll need to grind a bit though.

At certain times of the day there is a good bit of people on, just talk in w-say till people start appearing then ask who wants to party.

To see who is online click the social tab and click Player Details.
>>
>>2868307
I've been trying but it won't send the registration email and all I've gotten is "HURR DURR WUT R U REGSTRG FUR?"
>>
>>2868314
Sounds like Szenkar to me. He was a pretty cool guy and was typically the bridge between the players and Holy Knight, the Admin.
>>
File: rtu.png (8 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
rtu.png
8 KB, 544x544
>>2869292
>>2868314
For as long as this guy played I don't think I ever saw him on anything other than Paladin.
>>
>>2869302
He changed it up now and then. I remember seeing him with a sword master and an alchemist but generally you're right.
>>
>>2869292
>>2869302
Yeah, that's him. I know he used basically an Orlandu class, he would kill everything with Holy Explosion

Do any of those guys even show up anymore?
>>
>>2869921
Not from the sounds of it, I can't say for sure since I haven't been on in some time. I'm waiting for the playerbase to pick up a little first.
>>
I remember playing this last year as a dragoon with ye guys. Good craic and everyone in vr chat was sound out, ended up dropping out since I wouldnt be able to get on that often. But I would give it another go again if you need someone else on.
>>
I really really want to like this, but it just seems really slow trying to play solo. Is there a starter class that will be able to nuke a screen of enemies somewhat early on?
>>
>>2870471
Dark Knight if I remember could do that
>>
File: cat waffles.jpg (244 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
cat waffles.jpg
244 KB, 1124x1024
join in
>>
I would love to play it with you guys.
I don't have my good computer until the 4th of January ;_;
>>
>>2870569
This has almost no requirements, if you can run windows pinball I'd say you're good.

>>2870471
Engineer, if they still have it is pretty great for that and has good stat values. You'll need to spend your money on healing items mainly though.
>>
>>2870575
I am on a shitty ACER Iconia tab with Lubuntu on it so that I can browse some 4chan on a shitty connection while I am at my folks' place during the holidays.
>>
who else is coming on, there is 3 people at the moment
>>
>>2870594
Im already in
>>
>>2870605
Mudzap?
>>
>>2870612
yup
>>
File: manlet monk.png (1 KB, 158x79) Image search: [Google]
manlet monk.png
1 KB, 158x79
>>
>>2870735
whos this guy
>>
>>2870740
that's the guy that got the game taken down last time because he did something to piss off some people, got banned and reported the game to square
>>
>>2868214
>played a White Mage
>was rendered useless in every party I joined thanks to Blue Mages and Bards
>>
>>2859927
>>2859927

Those were great times. I remember one mod got assblasted by the >quoting. Good times.
>>
File: 1389175961268.jpg (117 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
1389175961268.jpg
117 KB, 525x700
Oh wow, it really has been a year since the last thread on /vr/ about this. I can't believe how fast time flies.

How many people are usually playing? I'm only on at odd hours now due to work.
>>
I would play if I could register. They're not sending the god damn registration email.
>>
>>2872274
You still haven't gotten an email? BYOND doesn't take that long.
>>
>>2872274
>>2872598
I never got mine either. The most I got from anyone was "LOL ur a fucking idiot just download BYOND and click play"
>>
>>2873303
>>2872274

check your spam mail
>>
>>2869921
>Orlandu class

Okay, you have my attention. Lay down the details famslice.
>>
>>2873309
it's not a class you saw very often because I think the unlock required defeating one of the superbosses. The class basically had Orlandu's moveset from FFT though and I swear I saw General Leo's Shock too
>>
File: luso senses someone from vg.jpg (8 KB, 86x136) Image search: [Google]
luso senses someone from vg.jpg
8 KB, 86x136
/vg/ here coming from /ffg/, this sounds interesting.

I think if I brought this to /ffg/'s attention some of them might at least be interested, if that's fine, or should I leave it alone? I swear we're not the ERPing faggots from /xivg/, some of us rediscovered XI because of free login campaigns and have been playing semi-seriously since then.
>>
>>2873418
I'd still love to try it. How does it look? Is there a way I can find that out besides going through the game? I have to admit I'm interested...
>>
>>2872274
If you are using hotmail certain emails wont even get to the spam folder.
>>
>>2873449
well like I said, he was killing everything. the boss with the unlock is really hard though
>>
Merry Christmas, /ffr/!
>>
Why the hell am I being forced to redownload all of the game assets every time I log in?
>>
>>2875216
It's an issue with the BYOND cache, it's a piece of shit. It always has been. Not much can be done unless it's reprogrammed from the ground up, and since BYOND's admins are idiots, it'll probably never get fixed. They should bring on developers from popular games...
>>
>>2875309
Idiots is beyond an understatement. They pulled a RP game from the hub because of an accusation that someone was grooming kids, an accusation from a legitimate pedo who goes by the key GyroGun. They also allow doxxing, ddosing, spamming, and all kinds of other bullshit and refuse to listen to any form of criticism.

The admins need an old-fashioned lynch mob at their doors.
>>
>>2873304
Was the first thing I did.
>>
>>2875696
Did you try just making a new gmail account to register a BYOND account with?
>>
>>2875798
No. I tried using my regular AIM account.
>>
>>2875802
So... Were you even going to try my suggestion, or just flat-out reject it? I practically spoonfed you a solution here and if you can't even figure that out then I definitely wouldn't want you shitting up the game.
>>
So for those of you who haven't noticed yet, /ffg/ in /vg/ appears to have fallen in love with this game. The number of players have been slowly rising so now might be a good time to get into this.
>>
>>2876115
Ya they are filling it up pretty quick.
>>
>>2875808
What suggestion? You asked a question and I answered. Not my fault BYOND doesn't know how to properly manage their mail servers.
>>
>>2876115
Not sure how that's possible when it won't send registration emails and the only people who admit it's a problem are sperglords like >>2875808 who offer no solution and get butthurt about it.
>>
>>2876484
well im not sure it could be that byond is shitty. try a differnt email service or just keep trying, sorry if its not working
>>
>>2876484
It does send registration emails - other people are getting them, it's just you that isn't. Sucks to be you.
>>
>>2876554
>Other people are getting them

Prove it. Pretty sure this is one of those retarded memes like /b/'s stupid fingerboxes and dumb ass frogs.
>>
/ffg/ was kind enough to include a startup guide.
>>>/vg/126548471
>>
>>2873541
Gmail. Not in inbox, not in spam folder. It isn't sending the email.
>>
>>2877053
well im sorry to say it seems your fucked till you get the email, I cant think of any other solution
>>
Maybe someday, work will stop being flat-out ridiculous and allow me to come back to the game. Maybe I would be able to talk to everyone again, too. I don't get to talk to HK anymore, really. I can't promise anything, but we'll see what the future holds - the best part of the game is seeing what players do with what you've designed.
>>
>>2877410
Hi Szen.
>>
I'll be playing in a few minutes, afk for a moment. Name's bumlie and I'm a new character farming outside of Baron, if anyone new wants to party up.
>>
Oi vey, first time in /vr/

It's nice
>>
>>2873445
So long as /ffg/ isn't full of faggots who will shit up the server, go for it. We need the players.
>>
>>2877917
>>2873445
Never mind, I just read the thread.
>>
Played this before.
It got very boring, very quickly, because all you did was follow the path of FFIV with absolutely no plot what-so-ever, then stop in the desert and grind on Cactaurs for days, then head to the moon and kill Zeromus.

Basically, worse than Korean MMOs
>>
>>2877927
yeah the game tends to end up more about community and camaraderie. there's less to min/max but everyone likes to find their favorite class and get all the best stuff. the equip list has some pretty nice looking gear. the last time the game had a bunch of players, updates came pretty quick
>>
>>2877927
It's one of the make your own fun kind of games, years ago I used to host hide-and-seek, trivia quizzes and PvP tournaments. The prizes I offered were pretty good as well.

You definitely need to talk to people or the experience will be ass.
>>
Anyone know what tail a Samurai would use? Is it Moonsilk, or Gladius?
>>
>>2878714
all of them
>>
>>2878714
The only tail Samurai uses is the Pink Tail for Adamant armor, like every class.

Samurai uses katanas and its best weapon is dropped by Breaths in the Lunar Core.
>>
So Hero, Devout, and Elemental are the new classes

Any idea where to get?
>>
So what's the best class for solo operations?
>>
>>2878714
Knives (Gladius) are for dancer, ninjaknives (Moonsilk) are for ninjas. Samurai uses katanas (Mutso no Kami, you can't get Daidouji I guess)
>>
>>2878943
bad game
>>
>>2878894
red mage. you get some white/black spells for pinpointing weaknesses and patching yourself up, and you get access to magic blade at level 35. runic can also save your ass. their gear options are also very, very good. by the end of the game you'll be having more trouble killing stuff unless you build yourself to specialize in damage, but whatever you try to specialize toward has gear for you to help you more.
>>
>>2879675
Aw crap, it had to be the literal fedoracore class
>>
>>2871347
Rydia best Rydia
>>
I remember making a custom sprite that had my cool character in a magitek machine. Custom animations for everything, even melee attacks and ranged attacks. I also had fully working sky armor.

I was a big junkie on that kind of scene, but that was long before, and times have sadly changed.
>>
Any 99s want to run through Shrine at some point? I really need the chests from it and save points.
>>
People still play this literal shit?
I am amazed.
>>
>>2881140
salty ff6 fanboy, please
>>
>>2881195
You don't even know how wrong you are
>>
>try to connect
>connection failed

I think it's dead Jim.
>>
>>2881337
I'm in along with 17 other people.
>>
>>2881343

How do you connect? I try the link above, but it fails every time.
>>
>>2881814
I'm afraid you've been banned, then.
Is what I'd like to say, but I have no clue.
>>
>>2881814
>>2881823
BYOND tells you if you've been banned though, whether it's through IP, hardware ID or account
>>
Don't forget to log into the client with your byond account, just being logged into the website won't cut it.
>>
ded game
>>
Anyone know where to unlock Hero?
>>
>>2884498
in ze shrine of dooooom
>>
>>2884498
hero's an OK class at endgame. just wish it did more damage.
>>
How do you unlock the Devout class?
>>
File: triggered.jpg (35 KB, 301x318) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
35 KB, 301x318
>>
>>2884954
Talk to the guy who resets your stats north of Damcyan. I don't know how many kills you're supposed to have but I know that he's the one that gives it to you.

Only classes I don't know how to unlock are Fiend and Hero.
>>
>>2885290
Thanks.

To return the favor, Fiend is unlocked by beating the 4 fiends + Golbez redux and I think Hero is unlocked by beating Archimus.

I tried the 4 fiends redux fight but Golbez kicked our shit around quite a few times. I don't even know what he's weak against.
>>
>>2884806
For as difficult as it is to get the Meteor spell, it should be stronger than it is
>>
Where do you get the summons? Only have Chocobo
>>
>>2886850
Most are through leveling... Goblin, Bomb, Cockatrice, Mind Flayer and Jumbo Cactaur are rare drops. Asura you get through the story, Leviathan and Bahamut are optional bosses.
>>
>>2886864
Thanks anon
>>
File: Tempo.jpg (39 KB, 272x355) Image search: [Google]
Tempo.jpg
39 KB, 272x355
>>2886864
>Asura you get through the story
>Remnants
>Story
>>
What's up with item grabbing? Am I getting them or not?
>>
>>2885318
its 1000 battles with any character that unlocks devout.

neat class
>>
>>2886887
That's the street term for "you can't miss it"
>>
Grinded green, yellow and pink tail today.
Not sure if lucky or crazy.
>>
>>2887042
in general, the loot goes to the person that defeated the monster that dropped it. If loot is...
Greyed out - you didn't get the item, someone else in the party did
White - you got the item
Yellow - this only occurs when someone who obtained the item passes it, which gives the whole party the opportunity to take it. only one person can get it though. If an item is yellow you can take it by hitting confirm twice. if you want to pass, you hit confirm, arrow over to pass, and hit confirm again
>>
is there a wiki / main site?
I got too many questions about stats and classes, and differences between the original game (and after years) and this.

I read the pastebin ones and stuff.
>>
>>2888005
there is a FAQ in the game. check the social tab. It answers some questions, but there is no wiki that I'm aware of
>>
new classes fucking when
>>
>>2890276
never
>>
>>2866250
He was a douche, and that's why the community condemned him. He was also my friend and showed me screen shots the day he was banned. He made some type of distasteful joke a dev found offensive and perm muted him. He took it up with the owner who threatened to ban him for questioning the situations permanence. My douche FFR friend then said something like"If you banned me for questioning something out of game in pager, I'd report this game to SE legal. If you banned me for my in game actions, I'd leave in peace." The community of course immediately went full butt hurt over the words Square Enix and completely ignored the context of the threat being reasonable because douche Yoshi was usually unreasonable. It's easy to forget that he was a douche in the chat, but still spent 50+ hours helping players beat bosses they couldn't and unlock things they couldn't and never wanted anything in return from me or the others he helped. As far as I an see, the game survived the entire time. I played it on and off the past year on the private server. It's pretty obvious douche Yoshi didn't end the world for being unreasonably banned.
>>
>>2895527
>He made some type of distasteful joke a dev found offensive and perm muted him.
Do you or anyone else remember what he said?
>>
>>2895581
Yoshis abort there young for self defense. It was in a joke form. Sven perm muted for it. Dhythos was an autistic guy, like Sheldon Cooper without the geniusness. Tries to tell a joke. Perm muted. Had to go talk to the harshest guy in FFR to appeal. A guy so harsh we called Sven the social side of FFR. Harsh guy was harsh, autistic guy literal on his view of right and wrong. Harsh guy labeled autistic guy the villain and we cheered. Source. Me. Have an autistic nephew that wouldn't have faired better as a player in that situation. Never thought I'd see anyone else agree Yoshi wasn't at fault thst day.
>>
>>2895601
He was a douche in chat, but he shouldn't have been banned or perm muted the way he was. He was muted because of a recent falling out with his former friend Svenkar, who of course muted him forever first chance he got post fall out. Douche Yoshi was accused of lying about something by Szenkar and offered to prove he wasn't lying. Szenkar refused to look at said proof, and douche Yoshi hated him from that day on and Szenkar no longer got along with Yoshi. The joke happened and violated some minor rulke and Szenkar rushed a perm ban knowing he'd have to take it up with HK. Yeah, that ended well.

All I know is when we came to FFR, we believed bosses like Zeromus couldn't be beaten. We got to 99, then bitched about balance and were stuck. We couldn't find most of the bonus classes. Douche Yoshi helped every one of us that asked, and iconed for every one of us that asked. Douche Yoshi refused to take money from me and another guy for icon work. Douche Yoshi helped us get classes, and learn how to beat those bosses while the smaller base of regulars refused to do it. We returned the favor by being pissed off that he was un relatable to chat with, and rallied at HKs word after the mess.
>>
>>2895601
>>2895612
We remember your constant takedown threads, Dhythos. Nobody gives a fuck. You fucked up by trying to take down a game people enjoyed. You openly admitted to making an distasteful abortion joke and somehow you expected not to be punished? Video games with public chat are not /b/.

The fact of the matter is, the game was fucking fantastic until you came along shitting it up. The playercount plummeted because of your incessant bitching, which more than outdoes any good you may have done by saying you spent hours helping players defeat bosses. Which, by the way, multiple parties had more than once complained that you had ditched out of things mid-fight when it looked like you were going to lose. It's retards like you that cause developers of half-decent timewaster games to leave, and it's why we don't receive updates in the game anymore. Fuck you.
>>
I installed BYOND and entered the address, but it fails to connect. Any help?
>>
>>2895714
You're a silly one, aren't you? Never saw him ditch on anyone. Player count fell because HK had the server go into hiding needlessly. Why don't you cry harder and reach harder still. It seems like you have something to say to Douche Yoshi. You should seek him out and resolve those feelings bro. Reach harder.
>>
File: ohrly.png (142 KB, 1845x833) Image search: [Google]
ohrly.png
142 KB, 1845x833
>>2895714
Next time you want to address two separate posters as one, don't. You look stupid when you refuse to believe one other person could agree with me or that two players could support the less popular opinion in a game.
>>
>>2895717
they may have turned it off for now or changed the link. when these assholes all start arguing they all get paranoid.
>>
>>2895740
Working fine for me.
>>
>>2895885
Good, good.
>>
>log in
>no one around
well
>>
>>2896634
I'll hop on. What level are you?
>>
>>2896637
>>
>>2896643
Well you need a friend? What kind of BFF do you want?
>>
>>2896650
anything goes
>>
>>2896652
Get on and then I'll pick something out.
>>
>>2896656
I'm in baron at the moment, what should I do? (first time playing)
>>
>>2896657
Getting on. Buy and equip equipment and unlock your party.
>>
>>2895719
>>2895726
You're an easily-rustled one, aren't you? I don't know why you deny samefagging when you made the same typos in both posts. It's not difficult to modify a screenshot, either, and everyone knows that. So, please, for the sake of everyone else in the thread playing the game and enjoying themselves, kindly go away and don't come back, whether you're Dhythos or not, because you are being just as irritating. We are here to have fun with a game we enjoy. If you're able to just shut your mouth and have some fun without starting fires, by all means actually play the game like the rest of us.
>>
>>2896946
>>2895726
Enough. Stop bitching over 2014.

I say unban Dhythos and leave the perm mute. Let him endure infinite shaming in the game and leave it off the boards.
>>
>mute in-game MIDI
>crank up some Celtic Moon
Pretty damn comfy. I feel I should be in a party, though.
>>
>>2898415
All the battle music is normal and loops perfectly, you'll probably hear that more than anything else while you're playing
>>
>>2899643
>log in
>no one around
damn, I wish I discovered this stuff sooner. Yesterday I had a good time going from the octopus to the mombomb with a random party.
>>
>>2899643
Yeah, the battle music appears to be recorded from ingame, and the midi honestly isn't that bad for MIDI, I just felt like listening to Celtic Moon. IV Piano Collections too at some point, I imagine.
>>
>>2899890
It sounds like the real issue wasn't just taken to pager but occurd entirely on it. You're in charge of FFR and can do what you want. Banning him when he threatened the game seems right, but my curiousity is peeked. Is it true that you threatened to ban him for questioning the mute and he responded with the threat to your threat? You can be as wrong as you want, it's your game and a long time ago. Admitting what happened without bias and enforcing your decision indefinitely seems leader like. I'm a fan of transparency but feel free to ignore the post.
>>
Good god, how are people still playing this?
It's fucking trash, m8s
>>
>>2899850
>>2900543
People still play now and again, I think that most players are going back to school and work so you won't see as many going all day as you would on the holiday. "Peak hours" give you 20-30 players as far as I've seen, but there always seem to be enough people to form a party with.

It's co-op FF4 with secret classes and bosses. What more could you want? I think the limited amount of players makes it better at times, I played through the Tower of Zot as a White Mage with two SS's, which means we had no tank and elemental damage was MP intensive. But we made it, and it was fun because it was hard.
>>
>>2900543
antisocial detected
the game is actually fun and most of that fun comes from interacting with people
>>
>>2900560
The game is indeed fun. It's most fun when you're the greatest player to ever grace it.
>>
>>2900574
holy shit get a load of this guy
>>
>>2900575
Yes. Take a load from me. I'll give you my load. :)
>>
This is now a "Best of FFR" thread. We will discuss the greatest moments in the history of FFR starting from the beginning of FFL until now. Gogogo
>>
>>2900574
>>2900580
if you're not Brettwong, you are not the greatest player ever. If you are, though... Sup dude.
>>
>>2900819
How about that time a paladin soloed Clan Wars by casting Hold on everyone? Or the time Shu got pissed off in Clan Wars because ancient caller was overpowered, resulting in Andrew removing its white magic?

Shu used to get so pissed off when he'd lose in PvP. He went back to the game a couple years later and mellowed the fuck out, though.

Maybe the time when >implying reached such critical mass that Dolph muted the world chat and started banning people for it? I remember when he banned Gollyzilla and that dude was the guy making the threads on /v/ for the game a few years back.

I also remember there being a sagetrain, with two full parties of sages 10sage lmao!!1
>>
File: 1420080630155.png (11 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
1420080630155.png
11 KB, 544x544
>>2901184
10sage lmao!!1
>>
>>2900819
SUPER FIGHTING ROBOTS
>>
>>2900819
That time when we beat the >invincible Gilgamesh.
>>
>>2900404
Being completely honest I don't recall if I did. Sounds like something I'd do however considering that if the reason for the mute was due to a poor joke about abortions he undoubtedly shouldn't be complaining to me when he was in a clear violation of rules. Whether or not that makes me "wrong" however is up to interpretation, but allow me to produce my pov on this subject how I believe and somewhat remember it going down.

Dhythos made a poor joke about abortions in a public chat. He attempted to reason with the GM that enforced the mute perhaps he didn't mean to cause offense. GM stuck with his guns cause obviously Dhythos is in the wrong here no way around that not to mention Dhythos has had issues in the past. Dhythos gets upset that GM won't listen and tries to talk to me about it at some point. I think it was a normal GM or perhaps it was szen that muted him I'm not sure which is the case but eventually it gets to my attention. I review the case to find that he made an abortion joke in wsay and is complaining that a GM is "unreasonable" in his response. However knowing Dhythos has been irritating the player base and staff and seeing as the joke was in clear violation of rules... He's wasting my time not only my time but the GM's time. I respond with a very abrupt and simple bother me with something like this again and I'll perma ban you (at least this seems to be case and I don't doubt I would say this due to my own irritation with this.) He retaliates with "If you do i'll tell SE!" with a person that can't obviously see that he's wasting peoples time and or thinks he can get away with making broad statements on a whim he deserved to be permanently banned afterwards since he can flare up with "Do it and I'll report your game!" at any moment. It's better for the community he get removed and in case SE would investigate it (unlikely) I moved the server to side on caution.

So you see whether or not I'm "right" is entirely up to interpretation.
>>
>>2900404
As a final thought on this too, I know parts of it was in pager mostly because he was obviously muted. Given the chance I'm sure the conversation would've been in game so whether or not the issue was in pager or in game to me is irrelevant. It only remember that it was a bit both starting in game with a mute and leaking to pager cause he couldn't speak in game.
>>
desu anyone that still cares about the situation with the shitstain in 2014 would do better discussing it in the game rather than here
>>
>>2901430
You used to be able to whisper GMs at least, while muted, unless that's changed.
>>
>>2900819
The all girl GM team under Franks leadership. Hell, most of Franks leadership was good times. The game advanced so much from what we knew before it.
>>
>>2901513
Maybe I have no clue atm it's been peaceful. lol
>>
>>2899890
>>2901417
>>2901430
>>2901698
>HK is here
panic
>>
>>2901210
You can have that many party members?
>>
>>2901742
nah, only 5
That screenshot is shenanigans
>>
Found a program that lets you assign keyboard keys to a game pad if using the keyboard is turning anyone off.

http://joytokey.net/en/download

Easy to set up, just load it up and press a button on your gamepad to see what the corresponding button is and assign the key you want to it.
>>
>>2900819
When that one group beat the Super Fiends before they got the nerf.
>>
>>2901883
joy to key sucks, use xpadder
>>
level 22 mature caller here and the only summons I have are chocobo and myst dragon am I missing something?
>>
>>2902150
Check the spell list under the info tab.

It'll give you all the information you need.
>>
>>2902150
Yeah, missing more exp. Grind you fucking scrub.
>>
>>2902201
The spell list, equip list, skill list, and FAQ will answer many, many questions that you have, actually. They don't have everything, though; the locations for blue magic spells, for example, aren't listed, nor are locations for equipment or methods of unlocking classes (mostly).

Also, the update list sometimes contains some information that's pertinent, make sure to check it out! Just make sure you're reading updates for the correct version of the game, the updates go back pretty far.
>>
>>2902150
How did you get chocobo?
>>
>>2902309
chocobo is a level one summon dummy
>>
>>2902320
Oh yeah. I was thinking it is one of those drops.
>>
File: scrnshot100.png (11 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot100.png
11 KB, 544x544
>>2901210
haha i remember this
>SAGE EVERYTHING
>FINAL ZEROMUS
>RECALL ONLY
>>
>>2902406
Except that party isn't five sages, and recall spam would get you killed by Final Zeromus's pattern. Nice story though. 5 Sages win easy without only recall.
>>
If you're new to the game, don't forget to ask for help in the chat!
I'm pretty sure someone will help you on your way through.
>>
>>2902413
Or maybe he was just sharing a screenshot of his own while remembering about the sage party.
>>
>>2902050
>>2901883
I recommend antimicro for pad to keys, you can probably set analogs to near pure on off also with the sliders, whatever works for you I guess.

still deciding which class to use, for me its between ninja, mage twin, or sage/lunarian depending on magic and stuff. would blue, or dancer for evade tanking but locked class.
>>
Mid-late teens level Paladin. Antlion pushed my shit in. Gonna need a party. Should I just loiter around Baron and wait for someone to show up? Is hanging around Mist, Kaipo, or Damcyan better? I don't see many people around Damcyan. Also, someone posted a link in-game yesterday to a test server version of the game. Felt a bit more polished. Should I just abandon Remnants for that one?
>>
>>2878797
For Devout, gain all 20 stat points by killing 2000 enemies total (party's kills count) then talk to the old man in the cave north of Damcyan

Hero and Elemental require that you beat secret bosses in the Shrine on Mt. Ordeals, I think.
>>
>>2902770
HK is the coder for FFR and FF4 is his own project he has built from the ground-up. It's not yet complete and isn't up all the time, he just opens it up to players for testing purposes every now and then.
>>
>>2902639
this

pretty sure one of the sceenshot's party members was in that sage group with me. I remember lots of blizzard recalls before we got wiped
>>
>>2901417
If you really want to impress the masses, try hosting Another World once a week. Even if the 3.0 version didn't pan out, 2.0 would blow away a lot of people that never got to experience it. You'd win fans simply by allowing access to more of your work.
>>
You fuckers are gonna get me back into this after I got bored fairly quickly the last time I tried it.

Maybe I should try something other than White Mage next time. If it happens.
>>
>>2903553
Probably. White Mage is one of the most boring classes for most of the game.
>>
>>2904427
Not him, but what's a fun class
>>
>>2904597
Depends on what you find to be fun. Samurai's weapons are deceptively strong because their power is doubled when not using a shield, and they output a lot of damage. They are very good for grinding Cactuars. If you want to play a more fun support class, Bard is quite good, and it gets access to some buffs that white mage doesn't. Paladin is a very good class too, they have high defense and offense and they have access to some buffs, but they don't really have multitarget.

My advice is to try Dark Knight, though. Hardly anyone plays it, which is a shame because it's a fucking powerhouse. Darkwave wipes random encounters at the cost of HP. When you level more, you can use Last Resort in a boss fight, and any white mage worth their salt will cast Bravery on you by hitting you with a power staff. You will end the boss fight before you die from the countdown effect. When you get Final Thrust, you can darkwave to kill yourself in battle in a party, and when you revive with 1 HP, you'll get into the next battle and one-shot moon mobs with ease by thrusting them with near-perfect accuracy.
>>
>>2904597
If you were asking me when you replied to me, you should know guy above me is not me. Samurai is alright and great for end game bosses if geared. It won't just be available to you till part of a play thru.

Now that we're talking about classes you can actually pick, Dark Knight, Monk, Engineer. Dark Knight is good for clearing battles and traveling solo easily. His end game falls off the closer you get to it compared to all the major alternatives for doing more damage without the risk. Monk can clear the weaker battles and eventually becomes a monster. Engineer has a useful mix of skills and tools that keeps him relevant.
>>
>log in
>8 players
>literally everyone level 90+

no thanks........
>>
>>2905320
Leveling up isn't too hard in this game. 99 can be easily achieved, the issue is being able to get far enough in the game so that you can grind Cactuars for their experience.
>>
>>2905426
God, grinding Cactaurs was so boring
>>
>>2905320
Logs in, doesn't speak to the 8 players. Doesn't attempt to get any of them to roll a new character. Takes the time to come to the forum to publicly express that he won't be participating. Fucks still aren't given. What a surprise, a closed mouth wasn't fed.
>>
>>2905452
It's a hard and boring hour or so. Watching them rapidly melt as your carried by people that instakill them for you.
>>
>>2903486
Sadly I no longer have the 2.0 source as I ad been working on it and never created a backup of that version. Maybe someday though.
>>
>>2905603
Plus you have to fit in a level range to join a party. Though I think admins can break that level range and force their way into your party, which can be very helpful if they're bored.
>>
>>2905598
>forgets meme arrows and line breaks
>>
It's dead, Jim
>>
am noob, I dont think there's any information in this thread on how to download and get running.
>>
>>2906479
make byond account
download byond
install byond
put address in op into byond
play final fantasy remnants
>>
I was playing it before and then it wasn't responding so I forced closed it. Now everytime I try to connect, it has an instant, "Connection Failed" but I can play other games. Please help me.
>>
So is anyone playing this?
Didn't play this thing when it came out but sounds fun, how are black mages here? Wanna be a wizard. I don't mind healing and all that but i don't wanna be 100% support.
>>
>>2907721
The server lost it's domain address.

HK is currently contacting the server owner I believe.
>>
>>2907798
Black Twin has sizeable damage output with proper gear and build. Plus, Bluff makes your spells do even more damage. Can't go wrong, there.
>>
>>2907870
How's red mage or blue-can't get monsters to hit me with their abilities-mage? Usually hybrids end up sucking dick but honestly i wouldn't mind going full on dark magic to kill shit and some white magic to heal\support my buddies when needed.
>>
>>2907884
Different guy here. I have no experience with current Red Mage right now, but Blue Mage is just amazing as a support piece. Having access to Haste, Protect, Shell, Faith and Bravery after getting all the abilities gives them a great toolbox. As you level, you'll get plenty of use from your damage dealing ones, but they just don't seem to scale so well late game. Magic Hammer is a pretty good MP drainer. White Wind is, as expected, a worse heal the more it's needed, but still handy to have.

Overall, I've always liked having a Blue Mage in the party.
>>
>>2907884
Blue has excellent utility. Fantastic buffs, decent damage output (10000 guaranteed, defense be damned), and they take low damage when geared for evasion. Red has an interesting stat block that lets you build it into a white or black mage, with the proper gear. Or you can build for spellblade and do a lot of single-target damage. Like blue, they are best when geared for evade, and they have access to a huge range of gear, more than any other class.

If you manage to get any of the overpowered gear (Galantine, Hero Shield) from the superbosses, it will definitely help your build significantly.
>>
>>2907904
>>2907915
I don't remember much about blue mages from original games, honestly. Is it hard as fuck to learn his skills? I remember that you need to get hit by an enemy skill to learn it. Is there some way to taunt them into using their skills on you? With 4 or 5 people chances aren't high you'll get hit by a learnable skill, unless it's an All-Enemies one.
I'll give them both a try once game's up again, love being a utility guy, long as it's not a huge pain in the ass to get said utility under your tool belt.
>>
>>2907921
A BM doesn't need to get hit by a skill to learn it, only witness the enemy do it.

Some of the skills like Ultima, Dragon Force, Lunar Force and Black Hole are end-game stuff. Last time I checked, White Wind was exclusive to Asura.
>>
>>2907921
it's not that hard. you only have to see the enemy use it, and then you'll get it. you don't have to be hit by it. sometimes you'll wait around for a while before an enemy uses a spell though, and most parties are full of assholes that hate waiting for blue mages to learn something. but you can refight bosses by fighting with someone that hasn't yet killed the boss (as long as you're within 20 levels of their level/party average level), and get another opportunity to learn something if you've missed it.
>>
>>2907945
>>2907951
Either 2D FFs i played were different with "have to get hit" or i just remember wrong.

See-to-learn sounds much, much better, thanks.
>>
>>2907958
games like ff5 ARE get-hit-to-learn. FFR just does it differently.
>>
>>2907904
>was a white mage in a group with a red mage and a blue mage
>was rendered virtually useless
felt bad man
>>
>>2908154
at least you had curaja and arise. WM has their place, though devout pretty much does their job better.
>>
>>2895714
>You openly admitted to making an distasteful abortion joke
It's like I'm really on Tumblr!
>>
>>2901417
No community can thrive and be fun if the people with administrative powers are shit heads, and you guys are shit heads. That's really all there is to it.

Let me ask you this: Is there an "ignore" function built into the chat engine? Yes? Then muting someone for anything other than advertising or flooding (ACTUAL flooding, not "he's really talkative and I don't like what he says") is completely indefensible. Now add to that the fact that the "offending" statement was a "distasteful" joke about the reproductive habits of fictional creatures, and it's pretty clear that you and the GM were having a nice little power trip over someone you resented for questioning your completely asinine decisions. (But by all means explain to me how a joke about Yoshis constitutes either "spamming" or "harassment".)

>>2899890
>I'm not perfect by any means but I respect people more when they can own up to their mistakes and above all not let it get to them.
Is that an ironic way of saying you have no self respect? You are slime, dissembling about rules and nonexistent "harassment" when all you're doing is banning people who dare question your pompous and self-serving authority. What really irks me is that you appeal to 4chan for your user base when the only philosophy congruent with your actions demands trigger warnings and "safe spaces" from distasteful jokes. SE is the type of big, fan supported company that has to pay homage to that shit; something advertised on /vr/ shouldn't. So maybe it is time that SE heard about your endeavor so they can more efficiently manage this safe space free of abortion jokes. I think it's time their lawyers got an email with all the appropriate links and info.
>>
>>2908817
Give it a rest, Sheldon.
>>
File: lame.jpg (82 KB, 389x446) Image search: [Google]
lame.jpg
82 KB, 389x446
>>2908817
>>
>>2906418
FFR or /vr/?
>>
>>2908884
both!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.