[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game has very plesant music. Anyone disagree? I guess Zelda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Zelda_II_Box.jpg (864 KB, 1512x2100) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_II_Box.jpg
864 KB, 1512x2100
This game has very plesant music. Anyone disagree?

I guess Zelda II general thread
>>
>>2857309
Nice music, but I really only love the Temple themes. The game isn't that bad, you can grind if you feel like it, and the combat is fun. Just don't avoid encounters
>>
>>2857396
OP here, pretty much feel the exact same way. It's actually my second favorite NES game.
>>
It's my favorite zelda for that reason
>>
>>2857413
OP here, overall favorite zelda for music is impossible to choose for me since they all have incredible music.
>>
I fucking love this game.

I wish we had another official Zelda like it, right down to the difficulty level (which is just the right amount of tough).

The Great Palace ism my all time favorite Zelda dungeon and the Ocean Palace isn't too far behind
>>
>>2857309
The only thing that really kills Zelda 2 for me is that all the palaces are way too similar. Like, there's more variance in room construction in the first game's dungeons! They're just so lifeless and bland and even the different brick textures didn't help at all.
>>
This game was way ahead of it's time. I absolutely love action games with RPG elements.
>>
File: you-could-be-a-big-pig-too.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
you-could-be-a-big-pig-too.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>2857309
Always thought it sounded a little drunky; it's the slightly on the slow side beat and all those wavey high and lows maybe. Still, iconic stuff.
>>
File: Z 001.png (120 KB, 250x361) Image search: [Google]
Z 001.png
120 KB, 250x361
Parents bought this game for me and my brother somewhere during the summer of 1986. This is one of the only games I remember that made my jaw drop at the start-up menu. The only game in my opinion that comes to a draw is Mega Man :)
>>
Fun factoid:

The man who tells you
IF ALL
ELSE FAILS
USE FIRE.
Is supposed to say
When the 3 levels
of power align,
their true strength
will be realized!

According to LLTVG Wiki “This refers to the fact that continuing after a game over or even a saved game, causes your attack, magic and life levels to drop to the lowest of the three levels. If you level them up evenly, you have less to lose. (This level up system is unique to the Japanese version.)” This message was presumably replaced by an unrelated message in English when the system was no longer used in the overseas release.

http://www.glitterberri.com/adventure-of-link/retranslation/
>>
>>2857309
Best Zelda right here
>>
>>2858564
Makes sense, since Japan had no enemies that could be damaged solely by Fire magic.
>>
This is probably my second favorite Zelda. People usually hate it though.
>>
Playing it emulated currently, but twisted:

Save state in the palace where Zelda is sleeping. Go out, do whatever, but only one life to live. Die and reset to the last state.

Trying to get the Hammer with level 4 sword, 1 and 1 magic and life. Is infuriating but fun.
>>
>>2858828
Why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>2858832
Fun. Challenge. Autism.
Pick two.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.