[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, is it dusty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: all-snes.png (161 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
all-snes.png
161 KB, 800x400
Now that the dust has settled, is it dusty?
>>
I don't even have my SNES anymore.

It did use to be pretty dusty though (dusty environment in general).
>>
Dust now the that settled has
>>
Thx for asking.
>>
>>2856992
jp/pal model looks the best.

The US redesign was a mistake. I don't know how the hell they came up with that ugly brick.
>>
>>2857034
i prefer the US design to pal, it does look clunky but the console is as little as the european so it ends up looking pretty nifty and attractive to the eye
>>
They aren't, but that's because they're all hugging each other. So I guess that's mainly my genesis that's dusty
>>
>>2857034
>I don't know how the hell they came up with that ugly brick.

It was not edgy enough for the American market. Or that's at least what NoA thought.

http://www.nintendojo.com/archives/interviews/view_item.php?1130801472
>>
>>2857062
I live in EU and prefer the US design overall. The EU/JP is so grayish it feels dull and sad. I still prefer the colorful pads with no concave buttons though.
>>
File: setup.png (34 KB, 665x696) Image search: [Google]
setup.png
34 KB, 665x696
I have a PAL SNES in tip top shell quality, kept in a dark closet for years with little to no exposure to sunlight. Even today I keep it inside an IKEA shelf and the cables go through the back of the shelf to the TV. Pic related. Dust never, UV light never.
I performed a sacrilege and put a SFC PCB inside it though, but I'm still happy.
>>
>>2858053
>I keep it inside an IKEA
thats your mistake, because even before bit rot render your cartrigdes useless, glue rot from ikea' s reconstructed wood will result in the SNES being crushed by that 50 kilograms tele-vision
>>
>>2858160
fucking hell that's a good point
>>
If it doesn't have 4 colours on it then it's craaap.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
No, but that picture is.
>>
I don't honestly care for super nintendo all that much. I feel like the NES had more games I enjoyed and that the big sequels on SNES are not as good or overshadowed in my eyes by later sequels (I prefer prime and return of samus to super metroid, mother 3 to earthbound, etc.) still love mario world and super picross but I've played the former to death. I'll finish the latter and feel fine giving the SNES to my bro, who can pass it on to his kid when the time is right.
>>
>>2862947
>I prefer Prime over Super Metroid

Oh good, I'm not alone.
>>
The American SNES design is very clearly taking its cues from the (just as fuck-ugly) American NES design.

In both cases, the JP design was better. Oddly, more people agree SFC design>SNES design than FC design>NES design though.
>>
>>2862964
I don't agree on either front desu, I find the curvy dark grey of the sfc to be unappealing. I think the buttons are cool but I'm fine with having those on my 3DS instead. Purple is goat console tone, glad they chose it for SNES buttons.

As for the famicom, man that this is weird looking. The NES is a fat brick of a console, but at least it's not the clown car monstrosity that is the famicom.
>>
In retrospect I shouldn't have kept my SNES on the floor next to the couch. It was probably disgusting by the end.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.