[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Dreamcast game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: 71LEOKRqYkL._SX425_.jpg (52 KB, 425x420) Image search: [Google]
71LEOKRqYkL._SX425_.jpg
52 KB, 425x420
What's the best Dreamcast game?
>>
I don't think there can be just one best game.

I'd say my personal top games are:
Grandia 2
Skies of Arcadia
Bangai-O
Bomberman Online (it was so much fun when the servers were up, and there were so many modes)
Guilty Gear X
And of course JSR.
>>
Maken X is pretty underrated
>>
JSR or Shenmue II. My two favorite games full stop desu.
>>
>>2856982
my top popped in games:

1. Outtrigger: International Counter Terrorism Special Force
2. Capcom vs SNK 2: Mark of the Millenium 2001
3. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
4. Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
5. Ikaruga
6. Heavy Metal: Geomatrix
>>
>>2856982
PSO, easily.
>>
Soul Calibur
>>
>nobody mentions ChuChu Rocket

Hours of fun for the family, F@M
>>
>>2857027
>Outtrigger
I've been meaning to get this for a while. The Japanese version comes with a mouse, is it needed or does it play fine with a controller?
>>
>>2856982

JSR
Super Magnetic Neo
Sanic Adventure (I'm ready to fight you contrarian turkeys)
Soul Caliber
>>
>>2857130
this
>>
Typing of the Dead
>>
Is there anyway to still play DC games online?
>>
>>2856982
YA YA YA YA YA
>>
>>2857013
>shenmue 2
But wait anon, Shenmue 2 wasn't a DC game it came out on the xbo-... Oh wait. That's right.. it DID come out on the DC just not in the states. THANKS Sega.
>>
File: peter_moore_12.jpg (371 KB, 2390x1560) Image search: [Google]
peter_moore_12.jpg
371 KB, 2390x1560
>>2857329
Problem?
>>
>>2857343
Nah, not so much anymore. Really pissed me off as a kid tho. Shenmue was my all time favorite game at the time and knowing that everyone else got it for DC and I would need a new game system really did a number on me. Refused to buy any newer made Sega games for years and still haven't played Shenmue 2. I assume that is what a lot of the fans felt after they ditched the 32x and Saturn early.
>>
>>2857329
Don't blame Sega, they rushed it so it could get on DC in Europe (no English dub, which imo turned out better) and they added many bonuses on the DC discs to thank their customer base. Blame Microsoft who bought the exclusivity, and Moore who sold out and killed a brand for a bigger paycheck.
>>
>>2857420
Yeah not a big deal to me anymore so not pissed off at Sega or Microsoft and even tho I still disagree with the decision as a fan, I can see why they did it.
>>
My top 10 in no particular order:
Shenmue
Rayman 2
Border Down
Bangai-O
Crazy Taxi
Ferrari F355 Challenge
Gundam Side Story: Rise from the Ashes
Tech Romancer
Code Veronica
Maken X
>>
>>2857343
Officially /vr/'s persona non grata.
>>
>>2857464
>Ferrari F355 Challenge
Fuck yeah. Gran Turismo was so popular at the time for its massive amount of cars, so instead just focusing on one car and getting it down absolutely perfectly was an inspired idea.
>>
>>2857134
my inner Quake says mouse will give you the best experience, but it's fun enough with the controller alone. Bots go up to Level 3 in versus and break.
>>
Dynamite Cop
>>
Code v
Res evil 2
Res evil 3
Sf3
>>
>>2856982
the best racing game is san francisco rush 2049
>>
>>2857585

yeah fuck Gran Turismo... simulator, my ass.

The arcade cabinet for F355 was pretty awesome. They were supposed to have VMU compatibility so you could keep track of your high scores along with you DC version of the game, but I never saw an arcade cab with the VMU hookup...
>>
>>2858080
>best racing game

Are you trolling? With all the awesome racing games on the system, this is the one you think is best? Here are 5 off the top of my head that are better than that floaty cartoon game.

F355
Tokyo Xtreme Racer (and TXR2)
Test Drive Le Mans
Metropolis Street Racer
>>
POWER STONE
>>
>>2857328
this is the DC game I've put more time into than anything else
Crazy Taxi and Virtual On Oratorio Tangram are easily my top DC games.

>>2859762
If you're looking for ace arcade racing on the DC, you're not looking at any of those far more sim-style games.

>better than that floaty cartoon game
also, this is why racing games are dead now

>>2857169
>Sanic Adventure (I'm ready to fight you contrarian turkeys)
I've posted my SA1 rant repeatedly. I can't be arsed to again.
game's pretty fun at times though
>>
Am I alone in thinking Crazy Taxi 2 is better than the original? The level design is slightly better in 1 but the crazy hop is just so much fun. I love them both though.
>>
>>2860000
I massively prefer 1's stage layouts, but CT2's hop is a shitton of fun, and I think the other mechanics (like mulit-stop pickups) are pretty cool.
I don't think you're alone (it's a pretty reasonable opinion), but I'm not with you.

oh, and the fucking Crazy Pyramid in CT2 is so good, much more fun that CT1's Crazy Box
>>
File: 69.png (24 KB, 102x104) Image search: [Google]
69.png
24 KB, 102x104
>ctrl-f rez
>0 results

I want off /vr/'s wild ride
>>
>>2860042
>tfw I forgot that was a DC game
even though I've only ever played it on the Dreamcast
kill me

shit's pretty fun though
kind of wish it was more intense as a whole, even if it's clearly a design decision to be somewhat relaxed
last stage is better than the rest combined, partly because that song is fucking great, partly because it's the most exciting to actually play of the lot
>>
>>2860042
It never got a US release for the DC, so that's why it's not a popular choice. Great game though, HD version is amazing.
>>
>>2860050
Have you seen the VR version they're making for the PS4? It looks insane.
>>
File: tumblr_msndn2oDom1rkrwaco4_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1775) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msndn2oDom1rkrwaco4_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1775
Truly one of the best mech fighters out there
>>
File: pic8[1].jpg (86 KB, 520x372) Image search: [Google]
pic8[1].jpg
86 KB, 520x372
>>2860042

> tfw no trance vibrator for the DC version
>>
>>2859762
wow, thanks for the advice, master retro dude, i'll play these instead of my shitty, floaty cartoon games
>>
>>2859762
Rush 2049 may not be the best game for racing, but its stunt and battle modes make it the GOAT party game.
>>
Chefs love shack
>>
>>2861459

Why?
>>
File: Phantasy_Star_Online.png (116 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy_Star_Online.png
116 KB, 300x296
>>2857061
Legit only one person mentioning PSO?
>>
>>2856982
Easily Shenmue.

Toy commander and JSR is also cool.
>>
>>2861040
this
>>
>>2857325
broadband adapter, if you want to dish out the 200$ for it
>>
>>2857325
>>2863115
You can bridge with lunix PC to use the default modem besides a lot of games didn't even support bba
There has been a lot of progress on assembler games with the pre loaded raspberry pi image
You need a v92 USB modem still though either way
Several new games online functionality has been added like toy racer and soon some others
>>
>>2857169
>Super Magnetic Neo

I just picked up this game recently and it's such a fun little platformer. Feels like a breath of fresh air compared to the bloated AAA garbage we get today.
>>
>no Cosmic Smash

what a SHIT thread.

baka
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.