[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What game is the best example of FMV done right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: ra3.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ra3.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
What game is the best example of FMV done right?
>>
File: 6pOmwEkJ9xQm.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (40 KB, 610x307) Image search: [Google]
6pOmwEkJ9xQm.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
40 KB, 610x307
Spycraft: The Great Game

Even included cameos from Oleg Kalugin (former KGB Major-General) and William Colby (former CIA director),
>>
>>2854062
>>
The 7th Guest
Realms of the Haunting
Corpse Killer 32x
>>
Soldier Boyz
>>
>>2854062
Whats wrong with the RE3 scenes?
Hell there and in C&C3 Tiberium Wars was a blast to watch cheesy lines and plot.
>>
>>2854112

Nothing wrong with them at all, they are funny and you can definitely tell that all of the actors they hired for RA3 had a load of fun doing it.
>>
Braindead 13
Tex Murphy: Overseer
Rebel Assault
>>
Chrono Cross
>>
WHY MR PRESIDENT

WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN
>>
MegaCD Silpheed
>>
Crusader No Regret.
>>
Wing Commander series
>>
>>2854062
FF7. It ushered in a new era of storytelling in RPGs and brought millions of new fans to the genre. You watch the old commercials and the entire thing was just FMV clips. It sold copies, and PS1s, like hotcakes.
>>
>>2854515
This basically, it was great marketing for that time even though it's completely obsolete now
>>
File: President Dugan.jpg (20 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
President Dugan.jpg
20 KB, 450x338
>>2854112
Tiberium Wars had pretty crap movies.

RA2 and RA3 have been pretty damn fun though, and they are even pull serious scenes out better. The RA2 intro is incredibly ominous even when it is being cheesy as fuck. And RA3 had TIM CURRY as the Russian president, I don't know if they could cast that any better even if they got Putin himself to play the role.
>>
>>2854528
Saw President Dugan in "Rising Sun" the other day, playing a sleazy senator, funnily enough.
>>
File: silents.jpg (112 KB, 1041x702) Image search: [Google]
silents.jpg
112 KB, 1041x702
>>2854805
also "Silent Steel" has my vote for classic FMV gaming.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.