[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the most memorable vidya moments to you, /vr/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12
File: ff6destruction.jpg (5 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ff6destruction.jpg
5 KB, 480x360
What are some of the most memorable vidya moments to you, /vr/? And I don't mean personal moments like when you and a friend double KO'd each other three times in a row in Street Fighter II. I mean plot point kind of moments.
>>
When Master Miller takes off his glasses.
>>
>>2854014
End of PDS when (major spoiler coming up) you find out that you(the player) are the "divine visitor" who was the external outside force guiding Edge thru out his journey. Broke the 4th wall in a very "whoa!" Kind of way.
>>
>>2854014
>I don't mean personal moments like when you and a friend double KO'd each other three times in a row in Street Fighter II

But that was pretty fucking dope, though.
>>
>>2854113
One time playing X-Men:Children of the Atom as Cyclops on the bridge stage(not sure of the name. I think Mutant Hunting) I caught Colossus in mid air then shot him back into the ground with a huge laser breaking the bridge on his impact and then both falling into the boat. It was such a "holy shit did that just happen?! fucking AWESOME!" moment. I looked around the room in awe to see if anyone else saw. Then I remembered that it was just me. Alone playing in the dark kek
>>
Raziel getting thrown in that lake at the beginning of Soul Reaver. Actually, that entire intro is amazing
Cloud throwing Sephiroth into the lifestream in the true flashback
Lisa's death in SH1

also this>>2854024
>>
>>2854204
forgot to mention
>body switch in Chrono Cross
>Jowy's betrayal in Suikoden 2

ah, the memories
>>
Every event surrounding the Zeal Cataclysm in Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>2854014
Joseph holding off the rock to save you in FFII

Discovering the reason of the apocalypse in Metal Max

Finding out who was behind the temple and figurines in Mystic Ark

Gerald fighting Kujinshi in Romancing SaGa 2

Seeing Gustave's sword amidst the ruin in the burned down fort in SaGa Frontier 2

Ashley saying he's the reinforcements to Merlose and him meeting his wife and kid in the limbo before BTFO Guildenstern in Vagrant Story

Hrist being called in Lenneth's body in Valkyrie Profile

The entire opening sequence in Daggerfall

Discovering Gray Fox was your secret fan in MG2

Gray Fox destroying the Radom and his whole speech in that cutscene, that's the best cutscene ever in any MGS, only the showdown with Boss in MGS3 comes close

Finding out the truth about Nineball in Armored Core: MoA

Rikimaru holding off the rock to save Ayame and Kiku in Tenchu(yeah, I like holding off rocks, it's manly)

Grand Master Ending in Wizardry IV
>>
File: 1267307314408.jpg (210 KB, 1072x1500) Image search: [Google]
1267307314408.jpg
210 KB, 1072x1500
>>2854014
When Rydia comes back.

https://youtu.be/V6strV0XGdI?t=79
>>
Can I just say the entirity of final fantasy tactics?

The dialog between Wiegraf and the dialog in Balk II are two highlights for me.
>>
File: 1995_556996.jpg (48 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
1995_556996.jpg
48 KB, 600x586
>>2856638
I remembered when Algus killed Teta.

I was fucking furious.
>>
>>2854014
SEGA collapsed....yeah....that was good...
>>
>>2859807
Replaying that, watching Delita agonize over Teta knowing what's going to happen... It's painful. Delita's one of the best video game characters ever.
>>
>>2856623
Also self-petrification of those simblings (same game).
>>
File: 1325575689643.png (14 KB, 497x501) Image search: [Google]
1325575689643.png
14 KB, 497x501
>>2856623
dat music when Rydia enters the battle.
>>
Kharak is burning...
>>
I really like the "lol you thought you had just beaten the game/lol you thought you were almost done" moments that reveal how much more you have to do...

Killing Agahnim and being transported to the dark world in LttP comes to mind. And in C:SotN when you find out the "wear in clock tower" secret.
>>
the escape from the villain ship in Anachronox

still the funniest thing I've ever seen in a video game
>>
File: tumblr_llmb9hJJXJ1qfkbmm.jpg (28 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llmb9hJJXJ1qfkbmm.jpg
28 KB, 300x210
>>
Being able to go back to Kanto in Pokémon Gold.
>>
File: sephiroth.png (125 KB, 458x245) Image search: [Google]
sephiroth.png
125 KB, 458x245
Cecil becoming a Paladin
Ness powering up after defeating the Mani Mani statue in Magicant
Cloud finally killing Sephiroth with Omnislash
>>
Alys dies.
>>
>>2866286

This. I couldn't have been happier to have found out that I could only in Kanto too. Then I found out how easy the gym leaders were.

At least the final battle was challenging.
>>
File: Kohr-AhComm.png (18 KB, 243x107) Image search: [Google]
Kohr-AhComm.png
18 KB, 243x107
"Hold! What you are doing to us is wrong! Why do you do this thing?"

And they tell you, in great detail.
>>
>>2869982
>At least the final battle was challenging.
That alone was the hypest shit ever.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (25 KB, 418x128) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
25 KB, 418x128
Seeing Hitler's face explode in Bionic Commando.
>>
end of starflight. (genesis)

earthbound when they became robots I thought was pretty cool.
>>
File: 2-4002_SternViewLightHouse.jpg (43 KB, 552x336) Image search: [Google]
2-4002_SternViewLightHouse.jpg
43 KB, 552x336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcT1HHTGpIU

Finding out Red XIII's father didn't die a coward. Everyone always talks about how Aeris dying is the part that got them, but nothing in FF7 makes me tear up like this scene.

Stumbling through Silent Hill the first time and then unlocking THAT door in the school. A complete holy shit moment. I had no idea what to expect, and the sudden realization of where you are and how fucked up things just got was sublime.

Walking out of the first level in Unreal, and having this gorgeous and expansive vista in front of you, complete with a stunning waterfall and swelling music. There was nothing like it in video games at the time.

Myst. I had worked through the mechanical age, but it was going to the stoneship age that sealed my love for this game. Seeing the tiny, lonely island secluded in the fog, with the sound of waves hitting the shore at dusk utterly immersed me in a way no other game ever had before.
>>
>>2854145
CvS2 counts as retro due to DC being retro, so here's the hypest shit that ever did happen to me.

I was playing as r2 Shin Akuma and my friend was playing as r3 Geese and I activated Akuma's misogi move, thinking I had him. He, however, simultaneously activates Geese' Raging Storm. Now when you activate a super move there's this slight pause, so he and I both know that this was an unintentional coincidence and that one of us was going to get REKT pretty fucking bad.

The Raging Storm activates first and I'm thinking I'm fucked because I'm going to land square in it, but Shin Akuma will. Not. Be. Stopped. Crashes through the Storm, K.O.'s Geese and the replay was saved and rewatched many many times because it was the most awesome finish to a match that CvS2 has ever witnessed.
>>
Getting a confused boner over Freya in FF9 when I was 14.
>>
Visiting Esper Mansion for the first time in both Phantasy Star II and IV.
>>
File: 48-capture_21042011_152946.png (35 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
48-capture_21042011_152946.png
35 KB, 512x480
>>2859807
>>2859912
That ending tho
>>
>>2872409
>they both died

That game was depressing as fuck.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.