[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vectorman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: gen_vectorman_p_1w97nb.jpg (291 KB, 747x1102) Image search: [Google]
gen_vectorman_p_1w97nb.jpg
291 KB, 747x1102
I just got Vectorman. It's damn good, but I'm sucking hard at it. I just can't beat this plane boss of the first level. Any tips to help me git gud?
>>
git gud
>>
shoot the plane until it dies
>>
If you don't care about not getting the real ending, hit Start, then ABACABB, it refills your health.
>>
> powerup monitors don't respawn so it's sometimes better to avoid them if you're low on health or on your first run
> memorize where the weapons and checkpoints are
> memorize the levels that have a multiplicator item next to a 1up item in them
> there's a warp minigame at the sega screen, get good at it
>>
Sega games were "Nintendo hard" too. You just have to keep replaying until you start to memorize enemy layouts and boss patterns. Took me a while to get the hang of the first boss as well.

There's also a sequel if you're interested.
>>
>>2852928
play it for years as a child
>>
I beat this game when I was 10.

Step up OP.
>>
It really isn't a good game and doesn't rival DKC in any way.
>>
>>2852928
oh boy another Sega thread
>>
>>2852974

It doesn't need to rival DKC, Vectorman is more similar to Megaman, if anything.

>>2852975
And? both Sega and Nintendo are kings of 16 bit.

If you only had 1 system, you only had half a childhood (implying you were raised in the 90s and not the 00s)
>>
>>2852981
>Sega and Nintendo are kings of 16 bit
Only one of them came out healthy but there's a prevailing delusion on /vr/ lately.
>>
>>2852984

So you only had half a childhood, got it.
>>
>>2852984
did you know sega was dixie kong pink nickleson in iceland?
>>
>>2852928
You have to get good. Also see if you can find some secrets around the levels, there are a bunch, and they can give you upgraded health, or maybe you can find a better gun before fighting a boss - or sometimes a bonus level.

Extra guns are limited by ammo, not by time.

The strongest weapon is the Bolo Gun, the one that shoots two rotating orbs forward. They crash through enemies and can hit them multiple times. If their movement aligns with the enemies, they can do tremendous damage, even killing some bosses in a few shots.
I think there is one hidden near the plane in the first level, but it's been a long time since I played the game.

You can also find invisible platforms pretty often. Sometimes they are indicated by those little floating points you can collect.

And the best advice: you can damage enemies when you do a double jump, the beam that comes out of your legs will hurt them. It actually does a ton of damage too, and can put major hurt on bosses. But not all of them can be hurt by your leg blast (I think the plane on stage 1 is one of those).

>>2852956
>There's also a sequel if you're interested.

Stay away from that. It's crap. Crap levels, crap graphics, crap music (other than 1 song), crap weapons. Only play it if you are a huge fan of the first game.

>>2852952
> there's a warp minigame at the sega screen, get good at it

That's new to me. I only know of the hidden TV, that you can use to get super shot, that will "kill" the SEGA logo.
>>
>>2852975
>oh boy another Sega thread

Quickly, you must make another Final Fantasy topic to offset this!
>>
>>2853026
This is one of the attitudes killing /vr/
>>
>>2852984
If you think Nintendo's healthy you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>2853060
I wanna help kill it faster.
>>
>>2852984
>Sega and Nintendo are kings of 16 bit

completely ignoring Hudson (PC Engine)
>>
>>2853234
It was ignored when it was current. Might as well ignore it now too.
>>
>>2853241
No it wasn't. You weren't even born back then, how would you know?
>>
>>2853060

That attitude helps shut the console warriors' holes, so it's not a bad attitude.

>>2853234
Sure, PC Engine too. Sadly it wasn't really popular in the west back then, I only started playing PC Engine thanks to emulation many years later, but if you were a Segatendo idort AND had a PC Engine CD, then you had one of the best vidya childhoods for sure.
>>
>>2853412
>don't insult my machine!
that attitude is what keeps them around
>>
>>2853416

That's the thing, there is no "my machine", because I owned both, not just one.

Being a console warrior and hating on a popular system is just a sign of having had a very poor childhood.

Why would I want people who only had a limited amount of experience with video games posting here? People who only grew up with one console shit this place up with their lack of experience and knowledge. And on top of that, console warring.

No thanks.
>>
>>2853064
They still have billions to their name and credit yearly by their various properties. They're legal policies and practices may be odd and very backwards now but they still make bank.

Seeing as they've been around for over a century I think they'll do fine.
>>
>>2853617

Everytime people talk about Nintendo's doom and how they've fallen from grace, yadda yadda they're forgetting about something.

Not Mario.

Not Zelda.

Not Donkey Kong.

Not even StarTropics.

Pika pika!
>>
File: METAL-SLUG-X-images3.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
METAL-SLUG-X-images3.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
Go slow. It is easy to run into enemies or what ever projectiles they fire.

>I just can't beat this plane boss of the first level.
Move. It just goes from side to side.
>>
>>2853420
>the secret club
You keep coming up with stuff, this is part of why /vr/ is so easy to bait along and has problems. If you actually care about /vr/ please stop running through this practical checklist that enables shitposting.
No joke, if we don't respond, they get no rise. But that "us vs them" mentality is what gets them replies.
>>
File: 12.png (20 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
12.png
20 KB, 320x224
Did somebody know how to kill the boss of this level? It's a rolling robot. I never beat it...
>>
>>2854629
Double jump over it when it charges you. The jets on your shoes hurt it. Wait until it is on the far side of the room because it throws a bunch of random projectiles everywhere so you can run to the other side to be safe from the projectile spam.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.