[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Demo Discs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12
File: U-061-S-14370-A.jpg (51 KB, 551x549) Image search: [Google]
U-061-S-14370-A.jpg
51 KB, 551x549
Does anyone else miss these?

I still have some PS1 games that included bonus / demo discs. Too bad that practice died sometime around the sixth generation.

>tfw your Pizza Hut order will never again come bundled with free vidya
>>
>>2852613

Totally. The most nostalgic being the RE2 demo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyzymWa2gh8
>>
>>2852613
Demo discs were great when your poor and the only time you picked up new games were birthdays or at Christmas.
>>
>>2852631
I wasn't (that is, my family wasn't) poor and those were STILL the only times I got new games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6_iTk5RPAU

The demo I remember playing over and over the most vividly was Ape Escape.
>>
File: PS1demo.jpg (14 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
PS1demo.jpg
14 KB, 300x291
I had this CD, it's weird but I don't remember much about it, supposedly it included a demo of Street Fighter Alpha 1, I don't remember that.

I think I only remember the Die Hard Trilogy demo.

With the Saturn I got this demo CD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGEw0h6y_m8

and the Nights sampler CD (which would let you play the first level with Claire, and the snow level with Elliot).
I don't have the bootleg CD anymore, but I still have the Nights sampler. it's nice because it includes this video clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EApcYQxK5E

Since Nights is all about playing for score, I played the demo disc a LOT, just these 2 levels.
Didn't got the full game until much later.
>>
I'm looking for a demo disc that had Kye, Slicks n Slides, Swap, Ninja Rabbit, Dotso, and a whole bunch of others that I can't find any informtion about on the internet. If anyone knows the one I'm talking about I would be forever grateful.
>>
File: homer.jpg (33 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
33 KB, 448x336
>>2852745
>the 90s
>>
>>2852613
I still have a few left. I also miss when you could mail in whatever envelope was in the game case, you'd get items, games mailed to you for just buying the game. The days before everything became digital or www crap.
>>
>randomly get demo disks in the mail because why the fuck not
>>
>>2852613
ive tried several times to find which number disc I had when I was younger. Opening video was a race b/w a tortoise and a dude driving a dune buggy. Racer finds a demo disc in the sand and tortoise wins several hours later
>>
File: picks.jpg (18 KB, 300x288) Image search: [Google]
picks.jpg
18 KB, 300x288
Oh man, I remember saving up like crazy to get the original Playstation at launch, and didn't have enough to buy any games right away. That Playstation Picks disc saw a whole whoooole lot of hours. Speedrunning that Jumping Flash level over and over, memorizing every frame of the Tekken video, jamming out to the Toshinden stage music... Coming straight from SNES, that demo disc was pure magic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpAeHB7FjAQ
>>
I still own about 10 of the OPSM demos. Fuck, I have so many fun memories playing them with friends. THPS2, Spyro 3, Legend of Dragoon, Spiderman... I get so nostalgic I want to kill myself.
>>
File: jammin'.gif (848 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
jammin'.gif
848 KB, 500x381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxjUo5g60g
>>
>>2854343
Yes. I remember playing this one the demo disk with Klonoa and Dark Cloud....
>>
File: IMG_20151007_115857.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151007_115857.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
I really miss demo discs. I used to try and buy so many games based on a good demo for PC, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox etc.
Hell, this disc alone sold me so many games. Easily best demo disc I've ever had.
>>
>>2852613
I used to collect the Pizza Hut disk.
>>
>>2852613
Condemn me to every possible hell you can imagine, but I am the reason disk were missing from every single gaming magazine.
>>
File: uk001-2.jpg (111 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
uk001-2.jpg
111 KB, 500x503
Am sad that I cannot find a complete download of the Official UK Playstation Magazine demo disc (sometimes know as "Euro Demo") :(
>>
I remember having two of the Playstation Underground discs

I played a fuck ton of the demo for Spyro 3 and Medievil 2 and this Star Wars ship battling game of some sort.

Weirdly enough I got them in the mail randomly I think. young me thought it was just something that we signed up for when we bought it.
>>
File: wel.jpg (54 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
wel.jpg
54 KB, 600x800
>open your brand new PS2
>this classy motherfucker says hi
>>
>>2855098

keep it retro anon
>>
>>2852613
I remember my demo disc fondly, it had the MGS demo, Spyro, Gran Turismo, Medievil and NHL from what I can remember. It was a purple disc. Good times.
>>
>>2854563
Man that's a whole lot of great games on one disc.
>>
Does anyone remember the "Bootleg Sampler" disc that came with the Sega Saturn? I remember playing all the demos multiple times as a kid because we were poor af and couldn't buy a lot of actual games.
>>
Man, thinking about this, I have to commend whoever on the marketing team decided to stick Ghost in the Shell on one of those demo discs. It was only because of that demo that my dad pointed out the movie to me when I was a little older, and then my interest in the franchise just kinda spiralled.
>>
>>2855390

Yeah, I posted it here:
>>2852745
>>
>>2852745
I have that disk, it was a video not a demo. Pretty lame.
>>
>>2855156
Juvenoia
>>
>>2855639

I'm not afraid of a fat fuck like you, I'm just saying to keep it to the board's rules. I'm probably younger than you.
>>
>>2855792
Shut up, bitch.
>>
File: 20151215_161131.jpg (768 KB, 2064x1161) Image search: [Google]
20151215_161131.jpg
768 KB, 2064x1161
Ignore the rest of the cd's and not /vr/, but that Spyro demo disc is a Christmas present for my brother.
>>
>>2854563
How cute. I have something like 5000 magazine and demo disks at home.
>>
>>2855792
im the one who post the ps2 disc, not the "juvenoia" guy. Im aware of the board´s rule and still posted it because I found it relevant/related to the thread.
that said, "juvenoia" user can go fuck himself.
keep this nice anons
>>
>>2856806
What kind of sleeve is that on the Spyro disc? Looks neat.
>>
File: cd.jpg (20 KB, 315x236) Image search: [Google]
cd.jpg
20 KB, 315x236
>>2857217
It's just shiny cardboard. Not my picture but theres not really much to it.
>>
>>2857514
Err paper
>>
Best demo music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIjuOb4N3Dw
>>
>>2857557
Thanks for reminding me of the countless hours I wasted on each demo disc menu just listening to the music and watching the cgi background on every disc
>also actual best song
https://youtu.be/Y-N2vTP7uuc?t=25
>>
File: mag.png (3 MB, 1439x1644) Image search: [Google]
mag.png
3 MB, 1439x1644
>>2852613
I'm sat here editing a video of the demo disk that came with official playstation mag jan 1998,

GTA, pandemonium 2. frogger, dog tail (net yaroze game)
>>
These were the shit. One of the only ways you could see behind the scenes video footage at the time. And I mean the real discs you ordered in the mail, not the shitty Jampack discs.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.