[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultima Online Forever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 24
File: 264985734645234575.png (1 MB, 790x592) Image search: [Google]
264985734645234575.png
1 MB, 790x592
Lets play some Ultima Online Forever together.
>what is ultima online?
It is an MMORPG sandbox game based in the Ultima universe

>what is ultima online forever
a freeshard for Ultima Online. It is completely free, similar to freeshards for other games like Phantasy Star Online

>how can I join?
1.) Create an account for their forums
http://www.uoforum.com/
(this is the account you will login to ingame)
2.) Run this
http://www.uoforever.com/download.php
(razor is a separate program from ultima online. it is required to play, it points to their servers)
3.) Select Install Ultima Online
(this will download the actual client)

The installation of the client will require nearly 2 gigabytes of HDD space.

After that is all done, you can start it up, log in, play. While creating your character, after you choose your occupations (samurai, mage) or create your own combination, there will be a map with a couple large cities. You should go to Britain (the default) as it has a good starter dungeon. That is where I will be going, and in three hours (2 PM CST) I would like to run that dungeon with whoever is willing. My ingame name is Ayrin.

Also, you might want to restart your client once after you create your account, for some reason you can't hear music until you do and you will find the ambiance of Bard Tunes and animal noises to be pretty annoying.
>>
Can we roleplay our characters? Serious question.
>>
File: 24535758736.jpg (107 KB, 608x590) Image search: [Google]
24535758736.jpg
107 KB, 608x590
>>2852141
I had ONE JOB

>>2852149
I think that is fine, but personally I would rather erotic roleplaying not become a part of it. Roleplaying would only add one more layer of fun.
>>
>>2852141
Is this Vanilla UO, before Age of Shadows?
>>
>>2852156
Nothing erotic, mate. Just the thrill of adventuring with fellow adventurers. (Seriously, nothing erotic. True dungeons are far and few in mmo games these days.)
>>
>>2852158
I do not know, I will research as soon as I get back an about in an hour or two.
>>
created my account (my name's Pabbus) and am currently downloading.
>>
>>2852141
Stuck at trying to install the components for .net, has been downloading forever now.

Is that why it's called UO forever?
>>
>>2852181
You're asking people to play and you don't even know what expansion this is on?
>>
>>2852346
I am not experienced with the game, I just wanted to play it. Forever is one of the more popular freeshards and outside of basic gameplay that is all I know. Also made it back just in time, I will make an IRC channel in a little bit. Until then I will be waiting behind the bank in Britain
>>
Going to be downloading this as well, been on this shard before, still a lot of people playing?
>>
>>2852326
welcome on the ride

>>2852461
For now the irc is #ultimaonline on irc.quakenet.org, or we can organize for a mumble server or whatever for chatting, not necessarily through voice if you aren't comfortable just throwing ideas out there. I am idling ingame and in the IRC as of right now. Feel free to join.

>>2852480
There is still a considerable amount of people
>>
>>2852346
>>2852158
Ultima Online Forever is based in the Ultima Online: Renaissance era. So yes, before Age of Shadows

>>2852232
Where art thou Sir Pabbus?
>>
File: 5935_original_Fbxj8.jpg (79 KB, 560x419) Image search: [Google]
5935_original_Fbxj8.jpg
79 KB, 560x419
1) how comes the game is 2gb big? It was released on a single disc and I can't imagine the patches/updates being 1,3gb

2) what's the population of the shard?

3) It's been asked before, but is it Vanilla UO with no Trammel/Felucca bullshit?

4) Are there any shitty tweaks, like in IPY where you couldn't mine colored ores?
>>
>>2852487
Will be joining IRC shortly
>>
>>2852528
1.) I do not know. Apparently it comes with a few addons, and I am pretty sure there are some new dungeons but there is really nothing to justify that size. Its probably something like uncompressed audio and a few videos.

2.) Current players: 877
Average players: 551
Maximum players: 18916

Source: http://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=728&act=view

3.) The game is based on the second expansion, so I believe Trammel/Felucca could be a problem. However I don't know is what it all boils down to. It is a custom shard and isn't exactly aiming for complete vanilla play. Freeshards such as Ultima Online Origins aim for a pre-expansions vanilla 1997-era gameplay so that might suit you better, but it isn't as popular.

4.) I don't know yet. Here is their FAQ, it might answer this but I don't know what to look for.
http://www.uoforum.com/faq/
>>
>>2852149

Bloodrock Clan orc here. We have RP'd on many servers, usually get the GMs to make us a custom orc fort.
>>
I'm gonna teach you all an awesome trick...

1. Load up a pack llama with a shit load of explosive potions.

2. Activate an explosive potion on the ground until it counts down to 1 second left.

3. Place that potion into the llama immediately.

4. Go to the nearest bank with your llama (or wherever players hang out).

5. Have the llama drop all of it's items

6. Shout "ALLAHU AKBAR!!"
>>
Explo/Ebolt/Halbert

God that shit is still in my head after all these years. I loved the Lumberjack bonuses they patched in too
>>
>>2852572

OoOoOOOoooOO
>>
>>2852563

Thanks for the info, man!

I'll give it a look tomorrow.
>>
>>2852583

Another great one is breaking into player's houses, but you need a second person who has GM healing.

You basically suicide at a player's door (as close as you can), so that your ghost appears in the house.

You then have your buddy rez you, with bandages, and if your positioning is right, you will rez inside the fucking house.

We did this to this faggot in high school named 'SugarBoots'. He would always display his rare creatures and armor in town, all while bragging in everyone's face.

You should have seen his fucking face when he found out someone broke into his house and trashed ALL of his rare items.

He didn't come to school for 2 weeks. This was on a private server and the GM's had no way of reverting the items back.
>>
>>2852326
I gave up, it's been almost 3 hours with no progress.
>>
>>2852625
Try installing .net 4.0 through the Microsoft page. It must be having trouble contacting their server. It installed very fast for me, though I already had .net 4.0
>>
Anyone here Flint Hills?
>>
>>2852598

Nice lol.

My favorite moment on OSI (Chesapeake) when me and my friends played in high school one had a little brother that he made mine/smelt/smith all day for us.

Little Bro called my house one day histerical, told me to meet him at a tower on Ice Isle. He had been snooping around houses on his smith, and found an unsecured keg full of all types of ingots RIGHT NEXT TO A FORGE.

We spent the next few hours robbing this guy, little Bro would make the gear while I gated it back to one of our smalls near Vesper. He became GM Smith that day lol
>>
I've never played Forever, but played Second Age for a few years and have recently been on the Rennaissance free shard. It's run by a guy I knew on UOSA, Telemon, who has built an amazing server with plenty of staff - run events.

I accidently let my houses fall a few weeks ago and haven't been back on...
>>
>>2852141
lol shane (admin of UOF) UO reddit down on traffic you decided to explore other venues?

here are some freeshards up

nowadays it seems RunUo server emulator blocks speedhack and other game breaking cheats of the past.

freeshards use Razor/uoSteam as "agents", which obey server settings, basically makes impossible to auto loot / ultrafastloot

these shards let you connect 2~3 accounts, so you can alttab and go ressurect/moongate you dead characters, macro some skills for your next build on the other screen
i played for a few months last year, stopped in dezember, and havent had time to get back into it, I'll try to give out some info

there are 3~5 freeshards with a good activity

UO:R , UOF , UO An Corp , Hybrid, UOsa

UO renaissance
a.k.a.(s) UORen / UOR / UO:R
http://uorenaissance.com/
http://uorforum.com/

UOgamers shards
from the makers of the runuo server
a.k.a UOG / Hybrid (iirc its the Hybrid server that ppl play)
http://www.uogamers.com

UO Forever
aka UOF
http://uoforever.com/
http://www.uoforum.com

UO An Corp
http://www.uoancorp.com/

UO Second Age
aka UOSA
http://www.uosecondage.com/

All of these 5 operate somewhere between the original and firsts expansions ruleset, so no gay samurai skills, players as flying gargoyles chars.

None has the Trammel facet.

personally i recommend you try

UO An Corp

UO Forever
http://uoforever.com/

seeing as uof was slightly more populated several months ago, but has gone sorta pay-to-win with Butler ($250 usd) , and a few other donation items

but both are fun if you just ignore shard drama and greedy shane
>>
>>2852326
what dotnet components?!?!

i recently re installed windows 7 sp1, just copied UO folder and its running?!?!

i might have installed dotnet dunno, along with vcredist and other offline installer i keep at hand

just google .net redist or .net offline installer for the version you want

you donty even need activated original windows
>>
>>2852870
"downloading required .net components" presumably a precursor to "installing .net" and caused by the fucked up .net installer downloaded by the razor installer which is apparently required to download the uo installer. Manually downloading and installing .net 4.5 works, but doesn't let the razor installer bypass the download and install of the broken .net installer.
>>
>>2852598
is this the hack/bug/cheat known as "z-axis res" ?

i might have read that it requires 2 story houses somehow
>>
>>2852898
oh, then it must be requiring some other version nor 4.5

if im not mistaken, these kind of things are not incremental, a program that requires dotnet3.5 wont run with 4.0 or 4.5

just like with visual c++ 2010 dlls and vc2012 dlls

i checked and i only have net3.5.1 installed, but i didnt run any uof web installer
>>
>>2852862
No, someone mentioned Ultima Online in a nostalgia thread on /v/, and I suggested he play a freeshard. Then I made a thread because I wanted to play it too

It took me five minutes of rereading your post over and over again until I finally realized you were calling me a shill
>>
>>2852898
addendum

from uof site

Ultima Online Forever Launcher (09.17.2015)
The following link will download UOFLauncher.exe
.NET Framework 4.0 (If needed)
Latest Direct X (If needed)
Latest Ultima Online Client
Razor Assistant Utility (at request)
UOSteam Assistant Utility (at request)
Sallos Client (at request)
Tree Removal (at request)
PROCEED TO DOWNLOAD FULL CLIENT (2.65MBs)

oh damn, they dont have a full offline installer anymore, sucks balls,

anyway, it says dotnet4.0 not 4.5 that must be it, grab a net4.0 redist from microsoft, and try the UOF installer again
>>
How do I get small furnishings to stop reversing the z-axis order? A is supposed to be on top of B, but a few hours later it does the opposite for no reason.
>>
>>2852924
wut, never heard of this

are you securing or locking these containers?

items vanish from inside houses if not secured or locked
>>
>>2852924
oh, unless its just some weird "rendering" bug on sallos, if thats the client you're using.
>>
>>2852786
>GM Blacksmith in a day

Now that is nice..
>>
>>2852903

I dunno what it's named as but this does not require 2 stories. My friend and I figured it out like 12 years ago.
>>
>>2853004

He was high 80's or low 90's at the time. We had been playing for a few months
>>
>>2852935
>furnishings
Obviously locked in my house. I'm talking about simple stuff like fruit on a plate on a counter. The fruit and plate will flip order for no good reason after a few hours.

>>2852940
Using UOSteam.
>>
>>2852786
cool story, but why didnt you guys simply gated the whole lot of ingots in a matter of minutes instead of spending hours forging items?
>>
>>2853529

It was before some patch, you couldn't pick them up but you could use them. It's like they were locked down in an unsecured chest.
>>
>>2852141
UO is fab, truly a GOAT-tier game.

But UO:F is a shitty server. I'm constantly sad that it is so successful. Shane is a juvenile prick and a mediocre coder but he's very skilled at coercing people to play his server and stay there.
>>
looks like a fake tibia
>>
>>2855508
You're quite young.
>>
>>2852907
That was me, and despite the guy you're replying to those 5 shards he posted seem solid, the games best ruleset was before trammel really took hold. That way roleplaying was awesome but if you got people cybering you could deadly poison them, or purple bot bomb them
>>
>>2855462
>UO is fab, truly a GOAT-tier game.
sorry anon, i cant decipher those slangs

>Shane is a juvenile prick

>and a mediocre coder
!?!
shane is not a coder, he can barely controlV some ingame admin commands, he s just the owner and promotional video-maker,

>but he's very skilled at coercing people to play his server and stay there.
and a skilled marketeer, starting with the shards name.

even richard garriot's twitter advertised their week long event a few weeks ago.

and yes, once he managed to surpas the other current shards and acquire a big population he proceeded to slowly add monetary winning advantages, look at how he got people paying $250 usd for that butler thing, and then he was anouncing 140taming and a whole sorts of "metapet" additions some of which would require or be greatly dependent/improved (aha!) (by) some really expensive donation items.

i never knew if they actually went thru with it, by that point people were just calling out in shanes face @ irc that it was just a money grab, no one not even the rich tamers (both ingame rich and big time donators) wanted that.

>I'm constantly sad that it is so successful
then why dont you suggest a better option?
i guess you didnt advertise the shard you play on because that would make you just a shill and would take away the calue of your criticism?

but here it is
UO An Corp

not as big a populous as UOF, but the next best thing, and no money grabs so far

but to be honest, i like both servers, let the fools fill shane pocket i say, they kill me with their instantly butlerly restocked chars but i secretly pity them for paying for virtual goods on a pirate server and thinking
>>
>>2856651
>then why dont you suggest a better option?

I didn't want to make it into a UOF vs Whoever debate. UOF is objectively bad, irrespective of any comparison that can be made.

If pressed I'd suggest any of UOAC, UOR, or UOLL. SecondAge used to be good but it is too stale. They are so focused on a bug-by-bug recreation of T2A that they are missing what makes UO fun.
>>
>>2856837
>UOF is objectively bad

ive heard more than a few UOF players saying that UORen pvp was better, but nevermind that in any freeshard for the past 2 decades no amount of vets could agree on how any mechanics should work,

>irrespective of any comparison that can be made.
but anyways, why objectively bad, anything else irrevocably broken gameplay-wise?
(ignoring the pay-to-win)
>UOLL
http://www.uolostlands.com/about#rules

this?
hmm, says there it started 2014 october, whats up with these faggots starting new shards, we should all get together in UOAC or UORen or whatever

>FAQ
>If I donate can I have...?
>There is nothing you can buy from the shard. UO Lost Lands is completely free to play, and nothing is for sale.

lool, thats nice, i imagine it costs $100~200 to run the shard, uof is on the $1000~2000+ range last time i knew the providers name

if 1/5 player donated $10 per year the hosting would be paid for, which is why i never though badly of the "ethereal horse" for $10 on UOF, its a big advantage (but the only one in the beginning), everybody needs horses, and if every player simply makes a one time $10 donation its wonderful, keeps the servier online for everyone.

on the other hand, if UOLL keeps afloat with unrewarded donations, so much the better, you cant ress and ride off but so can't everyone else.
>>
if only any UOLL and/or UOAC staffers had approached the former UOF admin at the end of 2014

he had the entires shard saves

could have made a fork, i guess restarting is a considerable barrier to shard jumping, specially, if you're trying to be a prionner and wait for everyone else to jump ship as well so that you can enjoy a fully populated world.
>>
>>2857151
>faggots starting new shards
I don't play there but IIRC it was started because of how stupidly obstinate the UOSA staff have become in terms of never adapting their server to the realities of UO in 2015/16

It's like a slightly-less-rigid UOSA where they sacrifice small amounts of era accuracy for playability.
>>
File: 03-Zuluhotel-Canada.png (771 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
03-Zuluhotel-Canada.png
771 KB, 1024x768
who /zuluhotel/ here, either past or present?

It was such a weird, different type of UO but honestly some of the best fucking gaming moments of my life.
>>
File: 235916-the-realm-online.jpg (186 KB, 630x500) Image search: [Google]
235916-the-realm-online.jpg
186 KB, 630x500
Wish there were Realm private servers
>>
I never understood the allure of this game, to the best of my knowledge there's nothing to do in the outside of raising your skills, and once they're maxed out you either grief people in PvP or roll a new character.

Back in the day I think there were frequent quests and events led by a real person who was roleplaying but nowdays on one of these shards, what do you do?
>>
>>2859320
make one?

it seems made in javascript and pain, how hard could it be?
>>
>>2859320
*javascript and painT
>>
ok, how hard is it to start on these current most played shards? like, PVM wise, to grab some cash and a small house (along with house spot avaiability)

UOF with 3 houses per human has no stpo at all, u gotta look for a while to find places for small 7x7.

and it sseems at some point admins let on the reason they allow 3 fucking houses, the medium+big house market drives quite a lot of donations, its like $30usd to get 500-600k goldcoins worth of "donation coins", and like we know most ppl playing nowadays are young adults or estabilished old tards, who would raher just pay up and enjoy what they want,.. its just that i dont like being used to fill some lazy fucks pocket

i pay $10 on my first month if i decide to contion ua on a shard, its the minimum, and its fair.
>>
>>2857652
>It's like a slightly-less-rigid UOSA where they sacrifice small amounts of era accuracy for playability.

Accurate description.

I'm an ex UOSA player, but have been playing on UOLL for a while. It's a good shard. Daily events and PvP action.
>>
File: 97646345267549.gif (767 KB, 463x343) Image search: [Google]
97646345267549.gif
767 KB, 463x343
MEOWMIX, WHERE ART THOU?
>>
>>2859717
It's actually a modified version of sierra creative interpreter. People have tried :( It's still online for 8 bucks s month but the owners haven't done shit with it the last 9-10 years
>>
Depends on the shard. Yeah, if you play UOAC or UOSA it does tend to be a standard progression:

>macro -> pvp -> tower -> quit

But other servers have been trying ways to boost endgame. At the end of the day, UO is a sandbox MMO and that means you make your own fun.

If you need the game to hold your hand on the way, if you can't make your own fun and need to be told "press X to begin having fun" then you should probably stick to theme park MMOs that provvid a more linear and tour-guided experience.
>>
File: ostard.jpg (63 KB, 805x599) Image search: [Google]
ostard.jpg
63 KB, 805x599
incoming dump, inb4 "omg neons are le shit"

1/?
>>
File: quest2.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest2.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
2/?
>>
File: quest3.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest3.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
3?
>>
File: quest4.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest4.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
4/?
>>
File: quest6.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest6.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
5/?
>>
File: quest10.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest10.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
6/?
>>
File: quest12.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest12.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
7/?
>>
File: quest13.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest13.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
8/?
>>
File: quest14.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest14.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
9/?
>>
File: quest15.jpg (63 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
quest15.jpg
63 KB, 640x480
10/?
>>
File: testingthenewarena.jpg (34 KB, 487x301) Image search: [Google]
testingthenewarena.jpg
34 KB, 487x301
ELEVEN OF X
>>
File: tourn3big.jpg (120 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tourn3big.jpg
120 KB, 800x600
>tfw the captcha is a pic of steak and now you're hungry
>>
File: tourn3ybig.jpg (72 KB, 641x480) Image search: [Google]
tourn3ybig.jpg
72 KB, 641x480
I miss uo
>>
File: tourneynewbiewinnersbig.jpg (16 KB, 311x230) Image search: [Google]
tourneynewbiewinnersbig.jpg
16 KB, 311x230
>>
File: tourneywinnersbig.jpg (30 KB, 418x332) Image search: [Google]
tourneywinnersbig.jpg
30 KB, 418x332
I think that's it.
>>
>>2852569
Haha holy fuck I think I was in this back on UOGamers where I later became GM. How long have you been doing this?
>>
File: uo6.jpg (260 KB, 1292x754) Image search: [Google]
uo6.jpg
260 KB, 1292x754
Am I the only one in this thread who plays to upkeep a house? It's not roleplaying, but my entire UO career since 2010 was just slaving away in dungeons to make gold, collect any welfare checks if the server offers any, roaming for a plot, building my home, shopping all over the world for furniture and playing a maid.

I've been through rough times in the past losing houses and losing my mind over plots but it's all good and fun. Even to this day, I have never taken part of any PvP, anything beyond low level combat, never casted any spells.
>>
>>2861417
>never casted any spells

Bullshit. You've never casted Recall? Night Sight? GHeal?
>>
>>2861928
I've casted recall in my lifetime when I was given it as an advice but in a live situation it has never worked. I'm not really good at outrunning people but I have outrunned them without spells. I only heal using bandages. I only use stuff like hiding, making portals, marking runes and other tertiary shit.
>>
>>2861417
you sound so anal retentive, i guess one can recognize its peers, hehe

but my UO houses are just the smallest custom that gets max strorage, 1 floor, walls around, no floor tile no roof, teleport pads at front, and a "wall" of crates painted in indicative colors, small crates inside those, making a sort of 3 dimensional matrix for items.

while my normie friend who picks up girls weekly will waste hours playing UO barbie house,
>>
>>2861979
so youve been playing at least sporadically until quite recently?

how come you don't use an emergency recall macro on any sort of assistant? dont tell me you play on the original servers.

on freeshards nowadays you can recall outta runebook with 0% magery skills, and have NPC healers spread out.

because we arent 12yo with half an hour to spare to walk from destard to trinsic to ressurect and restock
>>
File: haters.png (36 KB, 512x478) Image search: [Google]
haters.png
36 KB, 512x478
>>2862182
I don't play everyday or even every week. Much like other MMOs I get really into it for a few weeks playing non stop and then take a break until the next itch comes.

When I was convinced to play UO in 2010 I hated it because anything interface related was too difficult to understand, so I only rely on the most basic things I can remember. I used to play on Hybrid until I was convinced to switch to UOF instead. I use UOSteam and I got recall on bind but it never works out for me under panic. I'm too lazy to carry any reagents so I leg it out of there manually.
>>
>>2861417
try this for slaying away at dungeons

music + provocation
hiding + stealth
magery + medit + evaluating intelligence

you can calmly find 2+ uber balrons/wyrms, position urself away from anyother thing, and add another monster to the fight every few seconds with provo,

you cant fight anybody really, and a solo archer provo only with bandages sounds

music + provo
archery + tactics + anatomy
resist spells + magery

no bandages but ur 35 mana will suffice to gheal incidental blast from nearby monsters, since resist skill + reflection spell will give you a few extra breathing seconds, and u got the spell invisibility, so you can safely ditch healing / hiding.

some will even reduce ANAtomy and MAGERY to get usable gheal, invis, gate, reflect, but be able to get 60 healing, which is the tier to bandage cure deadly poison iirc

music + provo
archery + tactics
resist spells (90)

70 magery
60 healing
80 anatomy (+-, 60 or 80, gotta double check the minimum for deadly poison)

i like fencing for parablowing unequal provoked fights and being able to kill anything as long as there are enough fruit flies surrounding it, but archery is so nice to selectively lure any single monster, specially with todays assistants making the game view 20" big and freeshards still leave dragons sight in some 10-12 tiles, so you dont get that old behavior where balrons and dragons will shoot you before you even see their sprites,

>inb4 cheating
>inb4 original experience
>>
slambamspacejam, i think ive seen you around uof in 2014 second semester, perhaps a similar name it was...

> I hated it because anything interface related was too difficult to understand

http://uosteam.thefoamingsquirrels.com/
(redirect to http://uosteam.28394.n7.nabble.com/ )

> I use UOSteam and I got recall on bind but it never works out for me under pani

ok, im sensing a sexual unedequacy towards your parents

*blows pipe*
[code]
//generic runebook
//usetype 0x22c5

//my specific runebook ( "!" skips action queue)
useobject! 0x0000
//example useobject! 0x404b50cf (use UOS object inspector on ur runebook)
// static part
waitforgump 0x554b87f3 15000;
replygump 0x554b87f3 2;

[/code]

set this macro to [F1]
>>
damn forgot to add

http://noctalis.com/dis/uo/m-1.shtml
http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Starting_Equipment

check the skill needed to grab the items you want, and use freeslots to make some temporary characters.
get a newbified weapon, shield, and some bandages

i dont recall if you loose newb when u dye the bandages, u can dye newb clothing
lets say u cant dye newb bandages, ink any bandages you stock, and keep the newb ones with u always.

use UOS macro to use non-newb bandages:
Example
usetype 0xe21 'any'; //uses bandages of any color
usetype 0xe21 '3'; // iirc uses bandages of the first color in that standard color selection

<macro loop="False" name="BandageFriend" interrupt="True">
if findtype 0xe21 '3';
usetype 0xe21 '3';
else;
usetype! 0xe21;endif;
//getfriend ('innocent'/'criminal'/'enemy'/'murderer'/'friend'/'gray'/'invulnerable'/'any') ['humanoid'/'transformation'/'nearest'/'closest'];
//getfriend 'friend' 'humanoid' 'closest';
getfriend 'friend' 'humaiond' 'closest';
target 'friend';
</macro>

for the last uncommented line above, the person must be in ur party (and checked in razor/uos the options "consider party members as friends")
OR you must go to UOS > friends > click [add friend] > select char in game
OR same guild is automatically considered friend.

getfriend 'innocent' 'humanoid' 'closest'; works with stranges but not alwasy iirc, its seems only 100% reliable the way it is there

<macro loop="False" name="bandageSelf" interrupt="True">
if findtype 0xe21 '3';
usetype 0xe21 '3';
else;
usetype! 0xe21;
endif;
target 'self';
</macro>

... then use no gloves, shoes, gorget or helmet, an a grey robe above like you just ress'ed, grab ur newb weapon+shield and bandages inked and newb, and work on loosing your fear of death, sometimes PKs that killed earlier and saw nothing on loot will even walk past you thinking you.

so after a while put a real arm+leg+chest armor under that death robe to be a better match to monsters and still be ignored by PKs
>>
or we could even make a macro to auto recall when a PK appears +- 16 steps away (+- max range and still out of screens)

PS
that emergency recall macro clicks the first location on the runebook
>>
whats upppp

UOLL sounds cool, starting shard, but with no so many estabilished players, lots of oportunities

older players are constantly helping newcomers with small and big things, like GM resist spells!!

awesome!
>>
Didn't think there would be a thread for this. I've got a GM thief on UO:F and my crafter was about halfway there. However, I haven't played in like seven months. Most of my time was spent stealing bullshit from people. My personal favorite is stealing instruments from bards and playing it in front of them. My bank is filled to the brim with random ass weapons with various attributes and poisons.
>>
>>2864085
>be new
>farm dangerous liches
>hard earned gold
>shopping for decor
>goes missing a minute later
>search through my bags
>realize what happened
>get upset on the forums
I guess you got your laugh...
>>
>>2864093
I usually do get a good kick out of it, especially if it's a day I decide not to use stealth. That way I gotta trick people into letting me sit next to them, like pretending I'm going to heal them. Or asking them a question that makes them think and might take a bit to type.
>>
>>2864098
The worst part about being a victim is wanting to take precautions next time by shopping stealthed, but some other innocent asshole runs into the shop, reveals the whole goddamn place and you look like the guiltiest motherfucker. You are trying to type to explain yourself but he's probably ready to one shot your face off.
>>
Haven't played in 6 months but this thread made me want to play again
>>
>>2864085
Always funny how people would cry but not bother getting a lockbox and actually bother keeping an eye on their shit
>>
It's too bad we probably wouldn't have enough people right now to do anything. Doubt we ever will at this pace.
>>
>thread is 95 / 23 / 24 / 5 as of this post

if everyone here joined the same guild, that guild would be unstoppable.

most guilds these days are like 10 people tops.
>>
>>2865608
I assume a good amount of people wouldn't know too much about what they're doing. I suppose some guides would help. Personally, I'm not a big PvP fan. Might as well call it Wizard Dueling: Garlic Festival. There are so many crazy ass scripts that it's like fighting perfectly timed robots. And oh God, the alts. People have so many alts just hidden away in case they die. It's madness.

But if we get enough mages and dexxers, I'm sure we could just zerg people down. It'd also help to have some crafters to make loads o' potions and throwaway armor and weapons. With those, we can PvE some hard shit without much fear and gather up enough gold for a sickass castle.
>>
>>2865661
That's really the reason I never got into UO, I loved the game and these threads tempt me every now and again to play but then I remember getting pk'd on spawn for 2 hours or having everything stolen from me and it's just not fun anymore.

If they ever had a shard where PvP had to be enabled per person then I'd join in an instant but I think most players would scream carebear\hugbox or something.
>>
>>2865713
There are retards on both sides. Some people want wild wild west PvP with no consequences, and then of course there are people who just want PvP to go away. If you're in the middle, some people just lump you into one of the extremes and dismiss your argument. Open PvP is so sacred to people that an ounce of criticism leads to pages of shitposting threads. It's really poisoned a lot of shards.

Probably one of the biggest problems that open PvP shards have is that there aren't really any consequences for murdering people. You can have a thousand alts hiding in the bushes. Killing a bunch of murderers does nothing, as they can just teleport right back in or have their alts in the waiting. They say UO is a social game sandbox where you need to interact with people, but if that were the case why can you become a one man army with alts that can do everything so you never have to talk with anyone? And why allow such POWERFUL scripting programs like UOsteam? There are scripts for thieves that just automatically steal scrolls and shit from people by simply walking past them. There are so many perfect healing and potion throwing scripts and all sorts of perfect things. Some UO vets have their heads up their asses.

I like open PvP, but the alts thing just ruins it. People should never be allowed to have multiple accounts. 3 characters max and they can't directly interact. That would solve a lot of problems.
>>
>>2852141
are private servers illegal?
>>
>>2866342
Call the police
>>
>>2866342
They don't care. The people playing in private servers aren't really lost customers since it's obvious they don't want what's on the official servers. Shutting down private shards would only serve to make people angry and would probably be a bad decision in the short and long run.
>>
>>2866342
no
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.