[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /vr/ getting/asking for Christmas this year? I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 584x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 584x416
What is /vr/ getting/asking for Christmas this year? I can't figure out what I want. Any suggestions?
>>
>>2852093
Nothing.I'm poor and broke as one can get.
I even steal wifi to post this,its embarrassing.
>>
PSIO to be send right before Christmas.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-15-38-47.png (957 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-15-38-47.png
957 KB, 1080x1920
Won't be here for like 3 weeks though cus shipping
>>
>>2852110
I'm sorry anon. I hope you have a good Christmas.
>>2852116
That's awesome.
>>
>>2852116
Nice!
Hope you enjoy your $60 emulated game collection!
>>
You need to be 18 to browse this website.
>>
Well last year I got a Genesis system. Nothing retro this year, as I've asked for Tri-Force Heroes and Chibi Robo Ziplash
>>
>>2852110
Slightly less poor. Am buying nothing for myself or my wife, we saved our money to make sure our son has a good Christmas, though.
>>
>>2852093
Nothing because my family stopped giving me gifts since I was like 16. Probably just buy myself a Saturn game and Space Adventure Cobra on bluray.
>>
>>2852119
So do I.But in reality the ride never ends for me.
>>2852137
If this is not the -my wife and I - meme than I hope things get better for you guys.
I seriously do.
>>
>>2852135
I'm 24 dumbass. I just have a girlfriend that cares.
>>
>>2852127

But they're 1:1 perfect ports, remade in sexy stereoscopic 3D bruh

I pirated every single one so far so I want to buy the physical collection card to actually support the series. The dev team M2 actually put tons of work into porting and tweaking these games.
>>
It's semi-retro, an original PS3 CECHA01 model for playing PS1,2 and weeb games on. Parents demanded something in the $100 range to give me, or I would have not asked for anything.

>>2852136
Both of those look really good, friend Anon.

>>2852110
>>2852137
I hope your luck turns around, friends and that your holidays are happy!
>>
>>2852135
I'm in my upper 20s and my parents still give me gifts for Christmas. I pretty much just buy games and then they gift them to me.
>>
>>2852152
>1:1 perfect ports
Not possible.

>>2852159
>Buying video games for Christmas
>Late 20s

I ask for vacuums and practical shit.
>>
>>2852165
No one cares you mean ol' grinch.
>>
>>2852152
How are Space Harrier and Afterburner in 3d? I've been considering those two, if they are on the eshop.
>>
>>2852093
My mom just keeps getting me pocket knives for some reason. I own like four of them now despite rarely going outside aside from work.
>>
>>2852191
Adventuring gear, my friend! But in all seriousness, a good knife is always a boon to have around, especially an utility knife. And she seems to love you, if she gives you gifts I guess?
>>
>>2852165
Sure, that's a good idea, but that's for practical adults. I'm a manchild who will keep wearing the same clothes for years and years to the point that they begin to fall apart just to avoid buying new outfits.
>>
>>2852145
>If this is not the -my wife and I - meme
No, and it burns my ass that I can't mention my family without people doing that.

Thanks for the well wishes, but we're in that special economic level where we can afford everything we need and aren't behind on bills, but can't really justify going into debt to pay for anyone other than our son to have a good christmas.

He's too young to realize how things are anyways, and we're not upset about it. Once my physical rehab is over I can get back to work and start earning money and stop browsing 4chan all day.

Honestly, that dude who's just canceling Christmas is in worse shape.
>>
>>2852187

Space Harrier is great. Yeah, looks real nice in 3D.

I never understood Afterburner. It controls like shit, I can't understand how people play it personally. But it looks good in 3D at least.

The 3D works really well with sprites and the sprite layers. More companies should have went that route on the system instead of ugly low res 3D models
>>
>>2852191
well, at least you know where you get your sense of being disconnected from society originates from
>>
>>2852137
I like you anon, you are a good parent.
>>
Starting to rebuild my old collection of vidya. At one point in my life I had to sell my collection to keep myself from being homeless. All I want this year is to find a copy of secret of evermore.
>>
snes desu. not sure what model though. i plan for RGB so i'm thinking the mini and modding it
>>
Last year my only christmas present was Balloon Fighter which I received in Animal Crossing for Gamecube

Hopefully this year they'll give me another NES game.
>>
>>2852116
Not retro
>>
>>2852359
Here's your (you)
>>
File: 1450023491993.jpg (119 KB, 584x416) Image search: [Google]
1450023491993.jpg
119 KB, 584x416
FTFY

Although it could probably use some Kwanzaa candles and black Mario Bros. sprites as well.
>>
>>2852381
do you think this is a motherfucking game?
>>
>>2852165
>I ask for vacuums and practical shit.
You're a really bad liar.

Btw, you're annoying going around every thread and posting

>over the age of 20
>still playing video games

You'll get more replies at /v/ with your shit stale bait friendo. Stay there too, please.
>>
>>2852584
You don't think you'll magically grow up and stop enjoying them, do you?
>>
Nothing, I hate Christmas.
>>
File: samsunggearvr.jpg (121 KB, 620x370) Image search: [Google]
samsunggearvr.jpg
121 KB, 620x370
Galaxy Note 5 & Samsung Gear VR

I can't wait. I've been wanting VR glasses for the last 25 years. SEGA cancelling their VR system was one of my greatest disappointments in gaming.
>>
I'm probably gonna get some non-/vr/ stuff because I'm behind the times as fuck and I've played enough old games recently.

Probably a PS4, since a new PC is just not viable for me right now.
>>
Shoes, clothes, huddling in a corner stroking my box of wizardry for Apple II/DOS while wondering how to tell my significant other that us getting married would fuck up any chance of her being able to use credit for anything with how my score is so maybe we shouldn't be a pair.
>>
>>2853030
Shit bro, good taste in games it seems even if your post ends on a tragic note.
>>
I wanted to find myself an Amiga 500, but I couldn't find any for a decent price last year, and now they've gotten even higher.
>>
Me and my gf are going 50/50 on a Wii U as a gift to each other, then getting 2 games we think the other wants.
im getting her Wind Waker HD adn Mario 3D World and hoping she gets me Mario Maker and Smash 4
>>
>>2852093
How are they going to open those question mark blocks? If they're on the floor they cannot be bumped with their skulls. Dick move Wario. Was that the plan, to give unopenable presents?
>>
>>2852386

Yes, it's Super Mario bros
>>
>>2852093
Gonna get myself an NES Game Genie, Sonic&Knuckles for Genesis, and maybe a trianglular screwdriver so I can finally fix a gameboy I bought several years ago. I'd like a SNES Super Boy too, but that might wait til later.
>>
>>2852093
Gbc + gb everdrive, maybe buy myself an n64 and complete my console collection
>>
I
JUST
WANT
SNOW
>>
I plan on getting a 3TB this christmas but if I had more money I'd like buying a moderately good small form factor PC from 120€ to 200€ for emulation. in the living-room
>>
I'm getting a new freezer. It's a little sad how excited that makes me.
>>
>>2857252
Broke the 100+ year old record for no measurable snowfall in Buffalo this year.

It was seventy the other day here in Rochester.
>>
>>2858526
Cleveland fag here. No snow at all so far although there calling for lake effect friday and saturday.
>>
>>2855914
I ordered an Game Boy Everdrive during his black Friday sale for myself. Couldn't find one of many micro sd cards I was sure I had around the house. Had to buy a four dollar 4gb micro on prime.

I guess I could say I'm finally rearranging/setting up my game room for my own present too, been a lazy fuck.
>>
>>2858532
>Cleveland fag here
same. we need another snowstorm already, dammit.

christmas here usually doesnt have snow though
>>
I already got my gift but it wasn't a retro game.

It was Guilty Gear Xrd. Not retro but still good.
>>
>>2858636
Then don't post about it you fucking idiot.

>>>/v/
>>
>>2858661
Woah, easy dude, it's not the end of the world.
>>
Hoping to get myself a gaming desktop literally for the purpose of playing Doom 1 and 2 at a solid six trillion FPS. When I can play nuts.wad at 30 FPS I know I'll have reached my goal. I'll creep back to the Doom general now.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.