[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: eastmostpenninsula.png (6 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
eastmostpenninsula.png
6 KB, 500x334
>>
File: zelda-overworld(map)[1].png (157 KB, 4096x1408) Image search: [Google]
zelda-overworld(map)[1].png
157 KB, 4096x1408
He means there's a secret at the eastmost peninsula. You know what a peninsula is, don't you?
>>
>>2851414

Don't act like you alone could understand this broken-English motherfucker's jive.

OP, if it makes you feel any better they altered half the hints for the old men in localization, and 50% of the time their new hints are worse, not better.
>>
>>2851426
>Don't act like you alone could understand this broken-English motherfucker's jive.
What? He's saying the exact opposite. It should be very easy for someone to figure out what he's talking about.
>>
>>2851441
>all you have to do is spends three seconds running into a clearly solid wall, in one certain unmarked spot, for no reason whatsoever
like duh
>>
>>2851448
That's why it's a secret, and not a modern Zelda Obvious Spot.
>>
>>2851451
But its an idiotic "game mechanic". It's not even like you bomb it or anything, like every other secret passage in the game.
>>
>100 rupees

game changing
>>
/tv/ is leaking
>>
>>2851448
>three seconds

more like less than half a second
>>
>>2851478

lmao OP is a fucking noob saibot
>>
>>2851408
Have you considered reading it
>>
>>2851408
http://legendsoflocalization.com/the-legend-of-zelda/first-quest/

“You can’t use arrows if you run out of money” is what he meant.
>>
File: nextroom.png (3 KB, 250x172) Image search: [Google]
nextroom.png
3 KB, 250x172
>>
>>2851408
He probably meant "peninsula".
It's a common mistake.
>>
>>2851726
The red ring is in the room next to that one. Obviously.
>>
File: Capture.png (3 KB, 448x77) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3 KB, 448x77
>>2851408
I have 8 threads filtered with keywords that I use to filter out the shit on /tv/.
What is wrong with you people?
Are you seriously that retarded.
>>
>>2851779
Mind telling us your filter list?
>>
>>2851726
It means that even though there are no enemies in the room and you just fought what looked like a boss, you're not done with the game and still have more rooms to go to.

Before they added the old man and the text, beta testers would enter the room and assume it was the "victory" screen (like in Adventure for Atari 2600) and turn it off. This unfortunately led to that the last parts of the game weren't playtested very much, leaving several bugs in the Ganon fight (his sprite not showing during the fight, him not dying unless you hit him with certain arrows, etc).
>>
File: zelde.jpg (81 KB, 354x354) Image search: [Google]
zelde.jpg
81 KB, 354x354
>>2851803
I never knew this! Any more trivia like that?
>>
>>2851803
>Before they added the old man and the text, beta testers would enter the room and assume it was the "victory" screen
I call bullshit, there's a bloody door right next to him, every instinct in your body would tell you "Go through that door".
>>
>>2851821
>there's a bloody door right next to him
That's a bombed wall.
>>
>>2851779
Thanks for this post. I didn't realize that catalog filters were separate from the thread ones and I was wondering why I kept seeing shit threads in the catalog.
>>
>>2851803
When they told Donkey Kong this, he went bananas.
>>
>>2851803
>his sprite not showing during the fight, him not dying unless you hit him with certain arrows, etc
Try to be more subtle next time, anon.
>>
>>2851829
So it is.
>>
>>2851942
He almost got me. I'm tired, ok?
>>
>>2851460
Yeah, it's pretty cool in that respect. It's called a puzzle.
>>
File: srs.jpg (17 KB, 250x172) Image search: [Google]
srs.jpg
17 KB, 250x172
>>2851726
>>
What eastmost peninsula is this about? Can't remember anyone saying this in the FDS release...
>>
>>2851779
>filters threads
>still reads and posts in them

utmost autism
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.