[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fucking hard >based on one of the best works of art e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (357 KB, 1606x1078) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
357 KB, 1606x1078
>fucking hard
>based on one of the best works of art ever conceived by mankind
>amazing main menu theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qehtKomO8u4

Am I the only one who likes this game? Geez, what's so bad about tank controls anyways, I love it.

ITT: RE "CLONES".
>>
>>2849528
OP I had the PS2 version of Evil dead, I used to play it all the time but the CD was badly scratched up and it fucked with the sound

i really wish I could play it again
>>
>>2849528
Ever play the original Alone in the Dark? It's pretty much RE's grandpa
>>
>>2849536
Dude that game freaked me the hell out when I was 4

It took me forever to figure out what to do, no hand holding
>>
Heh I played the PS1 version and had no idea it was released on PC.

It's one of those games where you can't tell if they were serious or not half of the time with the shit going on.
In that sense it does a pretty good job at having a similar feel to Evil Dead 2 actually....

Although the funnest thing about this game for me was how you could access the credits through the main menu. Like they knew not many people would get to see them by actually caring enough about the game to beat it...
>>
>>2849682
Plenty of games do that.
>>
>>2849528
Well, it looks like im not alone, i loved this game, not because im a huge ED fan but because i think its pretty good and the difficulty was perfect, and i had no problems with the tank controls, i still hear the menu theme to this day. tldr; nice choice op, play shadow man too, other of my favorite games that looks like almost everyone hates
>>
>>2849536

It kind of isn't because I was really disappointed it didn't have the resource management or mansion designed backtracking RE1 did. Is there any actual RE clone that did this? Only copying the tank controls and locked camera angles misses the point.
>>
>>2849898
You should try Dino Crisis, the first one.
>>
>>2849808
Nobody hates shadowman, they only shit on the psx version becuase it was weak compared to the other version.
I jumped from the psx version to the PC version an the quality change is abysmal.
>>
>>2849682
Plenty of games do that with the credits you stupid namefag, why do you never have anything useful to say you fucking waste of a condom.
>>
>>2849808
Already did. Akuji and Nightmare Creatures too.
>>
>>2849751
>>2850280
You know always taking things seriously is a symptom of autism? I was joking to make a point about the quality of the game.

>>2849898
> it didn't have the resource management or mansion designed backtracking RE1 did. Is there any actual RE clone that did this? Only copying the tank controls and locked camera angles misses the point.

So, a RE clone with no ressource management and which lacks the kind of backtracking RE has? Well..... There is Silent Hill. I mean inventory is unlimited; you're going to end up with hundreds of bullets and dozens of health items, and backtracking is restricted to within single small buildings (for instance you're going to have to backtrack from one floor to the other inside the school; which is completely different from RE1's backtracking which is of game-size magnitude). The first and only Silent Hill game which had restrictive inventory, as well as very few supplies and actual management of those and difficulty worthy of a survival horror; in other words, the first Silent Hill game with true survival gameplay mechanics through; was Homecoming, and that is a fact in spite of what you may think of the quality of the game.

Deep Fear on Saturn also totally misses the point with its infinite ammo and health supplies.
>>
>>2849923

Dino Crisis got rid of the inventory restrictions and pretty much it turned into Barney gets Tranq'd: The Game. The level design is good. But the macro mechanics feel half baked compared to RE1.

>>2851535

Sorry, I meant to say: Is there any RE clone that didn't do that? But you are right about SH, as much as I love that game it isn't really in the same category as RE just in terms of location progression.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.