[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To this day, I find Metal Slug a little unsettling for some reason.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
To this day, I find Metal Slug a little unsettling for some reason.

Maybe it's what happens when you burn the enemies alive, I'm not sure, but the game always felt a little dark in a bad way to me.

Also I was surprised as hell to learn it came out in 1996. After the PS1 and Saturn, wow. I thought it was much older, like 1993
>>
That's weird, I always found the series lighthearted and humorous.
>>
>>2848887
You gotta remember that this was top tier sprite art when it came out. A lot of Neo Geo games were still being published throughout the 5th gen.
>>
who is in the center, sub zero?
>>
>>2848907
>You gotta remember that this was top tier sprite art when it came out.
Wrong tense.
>>
>>2848887
Gunforce II came out in 1994. Fans call it Metal Slug Zero because it was developed by the same guys behind the original Metal Slug trilogy.
>>
>>2848907

What do you mean, when it came out? The spritework in that game is still nearly unmatched. Really, try and name a single game from the past fifteen years with better spritework.
>>
File: HyakutaroMSXX.jpg (16 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
HyakutaroMSXX.jpg
16 KB, 250x333
>>2848909
That would be Hyakutaro Ichimonji, the most helpful PoW in the game.
>>
The first time I played Metal Slug I thought my emulator was broken. But it really does run at 30fps, despite being an arcade game.
>>
>>2848887
you're a sensitive boy aren't you tommy
>>
>>2849668
"THANK YOU"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.