[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which home version of DOA1 was better? also retro 3D fighter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: doa sat ps1.jpg (291 KB, 1275x627) Image search: [Google]
doa sat ps1.jpg
291 KB, 1275x627
which home version of DOA1 was better?

also retro 3D fighter thread, cuz why not.
>>
slightly off topic sry but damn, there's another cover for the "based Saturn cover art compendium" dayum
>>
>>2848319

yeah if Im being honest Im kind of leaning to saturn just cuz that looks damn nice.
>>
Saturn version is a port of the original Model 2 game, a damn good one.

The PS1 version is different, kinda DoA 1.5, it has different outfits, backgrounds and 3D models. The 3D models are good but the backgrounds suck compared to the Saturn version.
>>
Xbox version, which is a spruced up Saturn version.
>>
>>2848358

does ultimate run on the 360? I heard there where some uh issues
>>
>>2848376
>I heard there where some uh issues

You can say that about virtually every single game that runs on the 360. The only games where they went out of their way to iron out any emulation bugs were Halo 1 and 2. Everything else that runs is "playable" but has a shitton -- almost always audio or slowdown, usually both -- of assorted issues.

That said, I don't have Ultimate, so I don't know for sure, but out of the dozen or so original Xbox games I've played on the 360 that aren't Halo, everything has one big pain in the ass issue that just makes me pull out the original Xbox.
>>
Saturn/XBOX version is better on the eyes, but the PSX version has so much extra content that it isn't even funny. Because of that, the development team based all later Arcade versions of DOA1 off the PSX version.

The extra content is a ton of costumes and playable Ayane. I believe she was included in the XBOX version.
>>
File: doa1arc.jpg (104 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
doa1arc.jpg
104 KB, 620x877
>>2848317
psx
saturn doa is a port of the original arcade version while psx has bass/ayane and many more outfits. music is also different between the games. early doa development was interesting.
>>
>>2848442
How is more outfits so much extra content. The new character counts though.

As for Dead or Alive++, it's most likely a budget arcade, it's not even close to the original Model 2 arcade, it's just a PS1.
>>
who cares; doa1 & tekken1 are clunky pieces of shit fucking hipsters
>>
>>2848470
IIRC, the differences are:
- Bass and Ayane are playable
- The arcade/Saturn versions were made for the Sega Model 2, while the PSX version had a completely new fighting engine (if you play both, you'll see a lot of differences instantly)
- Most of the characters gained extra costumes, mainly the females, who could get as much as 13 (or was it 11) extra costumes
- Music was different
>>
>>2848470
The original was made in the Sega Model 2, the ++ version was made in the ZN-1 (which was basically a souped-up PSX).
>>
>>2848470
>How is more outfits so much extra content

How is it not?
>>
>>2848327
This. This is the only post in this thread you need to read. He got everything right. Well done.
>>
>>2848483
is this your first day here ?
>>
>>2848456

I always like seeing early rejected character designs
>>
File: doa1-arcade.png (119 KB, 496x384) Image search: [Google]
doa1-arcade.png
119 KB, 496x384
>>2848317
The arcade, bar none.
>>
on the ps1 version I lost 18 times in a row in the third fight..then I beat the boss in one try
>>
Didn't the saturn version have character endings?

>>2851757

Raidou's not exactly Geese Howard is he
>>
>>2851757
The third fight is Gen-Fu is it?
He's pretty tough for a newcomer, Raidou is shit once you realize he's basically a shittier Hayabusa with slightly more grappling, his throws look hella sweet though
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.