[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: ohgodohgodohgod.png (1 MB, 512x896) Image search: [Google]
ohgodohgodohgod.png
1 MB, 512x896
Well?
>>
Make it a sword, if you make it a stone you don't get to use it.
>>
>>2847069
Sword, then bet it at the Coliseum for Illumina, duh. Turn the Cursed Shield into the Paladin Shield and it'll teach you Ultima. The magicite is bait.
>>
The Advance version doesn't have this problem. :^)
>>
>>2847102
Actually it does. It also suffers from the fact that it's on a screen without a backlight that's fucking tiny.

inb4 GBA SP, not spending $100 on something I already have just because they remembered to put a goddamn lightbulb in it this time.
>>
>>2847128
Unfortunate that your original purchase wasn't an SP then
Stop complaining faggot
>>
>>2847128
Where are you from where it costs that much? Jesus.
>>
>>2847130
Yeah, so unfortunate that I bought the original GBA before there was any announcement of a version with a backlight. Also you forgot to address your fucking retarded comment of how the original question posed by OP, how exactly does the advance version not have this problem? It's still a part of the game, dipshit.
>>
>>2847146
You can steal a Ragnarok from the third tier boss right before Kefka, and once you beat the game, you can save after the credits, allowing you to keep anything you gained after beating Kefka. This allows you to get the Ragnarok magicite, and still obtain a Ragnarok afterwards, which you can then bet for a Lightbringer. You can do this as many times as you want, meaning you can have as many Ragnaroks, Lightbringers, and Ultima Weapons (also stolen from the third tier) as you want.
>>
>>2847130
Not him, but the SP was garbage. Shitty clicky buttons, malfunctioning shoulder buttons, form factor was way too small, and the initial model had garbage lighting.

Original GBA with an AGS-101 screen modded in is the best GBA.
>>
>>2847156
And yet I've played mine for 1000s of hours, had the time of my life, and it still works fine minus the battery
>>
>>2847165
>And yet I've played mine for 1000s of hours

So have I, and to this day I still regret trading in my original GBA for an SP.
>>
>>2847128
>not having a gameboy player or 4
>>
>>2847156

Gameboy Micro is where it's at. Y'all plebs don't even know.
>>
File: image.gif (795 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
795 KB, 280x210
>>2847128
>get GBA
>light is bad
>put it in my pocket, fuck up one of the shoulder buttons
>trade it in, upgrade model to SP because I had a job
>love my fucking life
>break shoulder button again because pocket
>>
>>2847203
>Gameboy Micro is where it is.
FTFY
>>
>>2847203
>>2849581
Isn't it crazy small though? One would think that would hamper the experience.
>>
>>2849575
ds lite, my son.
>>
>>2847203
no backwards compat m8
>>
Stone.

Having that gap in my Espers list triggers my OCD.
>>
>>2847128
Here you are
http://www.amazon.com/Light-Screen-Gameboy-Advance-Game-Boy/dp/B0015DOOEY
>>
>>2847097
Lotta work for not much reward.
Making the sword is a bit of a waste when there's a bunch of other swords you can be doing high damage with too. Keeping the stone means you get to learn ultima without wasting a whole bunch of time using a useless crippling cursed item.

I'll never understand what drives people to waste so much time getting the 'best' stuff in a game that's no amazingly easy that you don't need any of that stuff.
>>
>>2851275
>no amazingly easy
That's quite the typo there, I of course meant to say 'SO amazingly easy'.
>>
>>2851275
if it's about instant gratification then the sword is the better option, even if you don't bother to upgrade it to Illumina, the Ragnarok is a badass weapon all on its own, the Excalibur doesn't even come close. If you get the esper you have grind magic points at a 1x rate before you get Ultima. It's not like you need Ultima in the first place.
>>
>>2851275
>wasting a whole bunch of time using a useless crippling cursed item.

Just equip the ribbon and all you will have on you is doom. Seriously, if you can't finish a random encounter before the timer goes off you shouldn't be playing. It's plenty of time.
>>
Just do what happened to me. Have your game bug out so you suddenly have 99 Illuminas in your inventory, along with hundreds od Driks.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.