[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they make a game this good in 1992? Were they time travellors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: chronotrigger1920-1443129307911.jpg (615 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chronotrigger1920-1443129307911.jpg
615 KB, 1920x1080
How did they make a game this good in 1992? Were they time travellors themselves?
>>
>good

nice meme reddit!
>>
>>2846786
Not as good as Smash Bros Melee.
>>
>>2846786
>1992
>travellors
>>
File: Tres gay.png (1 MB, 1368x756) Image search: [Google]
Tres gay.png
1 MB, 1368x756
>>2846786
>same face Toriyama
>gay fetchquests for shit reasons
>have to go revive crono because luminare and triple techs
>gato
>the entire prehistoric arc aside from anything that has to do with Ayla - one of the only good characters in the game

>good

This is the Undertale of the 90s
>>
>>2846786
they tried to copy Earthbound but failed miserably
>>
>>2846786

replayed it not long ago, it`s not bad but definitely not as great as I remembered it
>>
>>2846786

It was actually released in 1993 you moran.
>>
>>2846828
earthbound game after tho lol
>>
What a horrible thread, just like Chrono Trigger. Any thinking person would prefer Chrono Cross.
>>
>>2846871
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>2846865
The game seems a bit rushed. It's also way too easy.
For 1992 though its amazing how into it you get.
>>
this entire thread make me chuckle.

oh and chrono trigger is a 6.5/10 on a good day.
>>
Development on ChronoTrigger didn't begin until 1993 and wasn't finished until '95. A very long time for this type of project. The devs specifically wanted to break new ground.
>>
>>2847105
I don't normally shitpost but man I can't wait for people like you to die
>>
>>2847118
Wishing for someone you've never met to die because of his opinion about a video game. Yeah, you're a psychotic manchild.
>>
>>2847123
Your posts betray that you're the unhealthy elitist manchild, and your lack of comprehension "between the lines" confirms it.

Give me the closest cemetery to you or most preferred so I can pay one of my indentured servants to piss on your grave when the time comes
>>
>>2847125
Thanks for proving my point. Yes, you are a psychotic manchild.
>>
>>2846786
>Trigger
>good

Anyways, Cross is better.
>>
Everyone in this thread is a horrible person.
>>
That's what happens when devs want to make a really good game.
Same as Nintendo and Yoshi's Island: they never reached that artistic peak again.
>>
File: jtegs.jpg (56 KB, 490x365) Image search: [Google]
jtegs.jpg
56 KB, 490x365
>>2847168
>>
Chrono Trigger was a good jrpg, I would place it in the top 10 of SNES JRPGs, but it was not that special.
>>
>>2849505
>in the top 10 JRPGs on a console known for having good JRPGs
>not special

Fucking hell.
>>
Haven't been on /vr/ in a while. I see the /v/-ification is complete.
>>
>>2849515

Same. Not used to shitpost central.
>>
>>2847105
I honestly don't disagree with this score. It's an incredibly straightforward game.
>>
I'm not sure I understand the question.

Is the implication that video games have gotten better since 1992 and thus they must have gone back in time?

Have you tried playing new games, OP?
>>
>>2849515
>>2849517
Add me in. What the fuck.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.