[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system do I buy next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 743x557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 743x557
Hi /vr/

I'm having trouble deciding what console to buy next. Here's what I currently own:
-TurboGrafx 16 (with RGB addon but it's the shitty older one that flickers sometimes)
-Sega Master System
-Nintendo 64 (RGB modded)
-PlayStation 3 (CECHA01 - Full backwards compatibility, plus original PS1 but not messing with RGB for it)
-Sega Dreamcast (haven't bought VGA to HDMI adapter yet for 480p)
-Gamecube (non-digital AV out, so, got to replace it and get some component cables soon)

I'm thinking about simply collecting for these but right now I've really been wanting a Sega Saturn and Super Nintendo. I'm kind of torn though. People have said Genesis but I will probably wait on that.

Also, I feel embarrassed for saying this, but I've been looking at Jaguar and it's top games lately too.
>>
Portables, friend Anon! Stock up on Gameboys, Wonderswans and the like!

Also, have a CECHA01 I'll be getting officially on Christmas, any precautions you could warn me about with the model? Sorry for not retro!
>>
>>2846430
How about you just learn how to make decisions by yourself like a normal fucking adult? There's already more than enough information about games on the Internet for you to make your own choices. How the fuck do you expect a bunch of strangers who know absolutely nothing about what games you like to help you out?
>>
>>2846450
Relax Anon. It is hardly unusual for people to ask for opinions on what they might enjoy. If you do not like it, simply ignore the thread and move on. No need to be so hostile.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1041x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1041x670
Get a Japanese Saturn. The console and games are dirt cheap, and a good portion of its library is in English. It's been a great investment for me so far.
>>
>>2846456
>Japanese Saturn
You can just get the 30 dollar cart that doubles as a ram expansion for the American one.
>>
>>2846456
Lemme rephrase this: not DIRT cheap, but much less expensive to collect for than the American Sega Saturn.
>>
>>2846459
Yeah, I've seen those. I didn't really learn about them until after I bought the console, which was kinda stupid on my part. Maybe I'll get an American one down the line with the cart you're talking about.
>>
>>2846450
Thanks a lot.
>>
>>2846459
Superior Japanese aesthetics!
>>
Saturn is my favorite system of all time so I'd say go for that. It's library definitely leans towards arcadey games, with some RPGs/adventure titles. If that sounds good to you you should totally go for it. Knowing Japanese will open its library up even more as well.
>>
>>2846456
there's a huge stack of japanese saturn games at a local store. can I play them on my american saturn or is that shit region locked?
>>
>>2846661
You'll need an action replay 4-in-1 card to play them on a US Saturn.
>>
>>2846430
There are so many systems you don't have your choices are huge. Given that most of what you have is the cheap stuff a Genesis would fit in nicely.

>>2846456
>It's been a great investment
No it hasn't. The price of Japanese Saturns have been stable at 500 yen for years. You paid more than that so it's a bad investment.
It's a great machine for enjoying games on though
>>
Get a Saturn, the Japanese library is God tier.
>>
>>2846430
Protips:
Sell Master System and games, but Genesis and Flash cartridge to play all Genesis AND Master System games
Replace Gamecube with backward compatible Wii
>these two are zero-cost no-brainers

You strike me as the kind of person who will enjoy a Saturn more than a SNES although both are very expensive to collect games for while having very cheap backup options.
>>
>>2846430
It really depends what kind of games you like, but if I were you, I'd get them all.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.