[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for 90s isometric fantasy RPG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 186qrisi615osjpg.jpg (83 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
186qrisi615osjpg.jpg
83 KB, 640x360
Goodday /vr/,

I have come to you in search of a classic isometric RPG game that I am looking for. Unfortunately I can only give you a vague description about the game itself, other than that it must've been an 90s isometric RPG fantasy game and that it began with washing ashore on an island. I also remember that the map was black and you had to travel all over the island to uncover the map. I hope anyone recognizes a game in this and can maybe tell me so I can try to find it again.

Pic related: the kind of perspective of the game and also the kind of graphics / era
>>
Have you tried doing a google search for Isometric RPG's? Or maybe, 90's Isometric RPG's. And sorry I have no idea what it is. I'm interested, though.
>>
Been looking for a long time yeah. I remember you found a village where cows roamed around that you could kill to piss off farmers. Also it was played on Realarcade
>>
>>2846159

Well, there's the Ultima series I guess.
>>
>>2846159

Ys Chronicles?
>>
Dunno, kinda sounds like Nox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFF7h4CAT9k
>>
Evil Islands?
>>
File: images72-jpg-1273191080[1].jpg (71 KB, 570x441) Image search: [Google]
images72-jpg-1273191080[1].jpg
71 KB, 570x441
>>2846159
OP, are you sure it wasn't the MMO Legend of Mir 2?
>>
>>2846236
Nox was such a great game, too bad you could finish it in one day
>>
File: 1177928384.jpg (42 KB, 573x419) Image search: [Google]
1177928384.jpg
42 KB, 573x419
Nox
Konung
Revenant
Satanica (aka Clans)
>>
None of these games is it. I used to play it through Realarcade but I am beginning to think it was such an obscure game that I will never find it.. I looked through list after list of isometric rpgs and still havent encountered it.
>>
Hexplore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCraMLOoL1Y
>>
>>2846159
Sure it wasnt that Serpent Isle Ultima game?
>>
>>2846159
will shoot a few blanks here

Dink Smallwood
Rage of Mages
Evil Islands
Sacred
>>
>>2846159
Geneforge?
>>
File: Gender_Wars_DOS_13.png (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Gender_Wars_DOS_13.png
52 KB, 640x480
Gender Wars?
>>
Kinda sound likes Ultima 8
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.